“"Excellent stay"”

Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Lerwick, United Kingdom
“"Excellent stay"”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We had an excellent stay in the Jury's Inn Aberdeen at the end of February 2014. The rooms are always clean and tidy and of a excellent décor, with a great selection of food for breakfast. Staff were very friendly and helpful. He have two teenage daughters and find the location excellent for entertainment and shopping. We will most definitely being staying there again in the near future. A huge thanks to Andrew McLoughlin (General Manager) and his staff who made our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Wendy,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We are all very delighted that you had a very positive experience in our 3 key areas of cleanliness, staff friendliness and also the food which you enjoyed with us. I also know that Andrew is personally delighted to get a mention.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do either get in touch with myself of Andrew as we would be delighted to look after your booking.

philip_rankin@jurysinns.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Very happy with the experience. My wife and I went to Aberdeen for an overnight shopping trip. The location of the hotel was perfect for us as it is very close to the train station and Is located within Union Square Shopping Mall. The price we paid was peanuts compared to other hotel prices in the city. The room in the hotel was very spacious and clean. It could benefit from brighter lighting but that can be said of all hotels. The breakfast buffet was very nice with plenty to choose from. Staff were very attentive and pleasant and they checked us in early, which was helpful.
We never had our evening meal in the hotel so I can't comment on that aspect.
Overall very pleased and will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Graham,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We are all very delighted that you had an excellent stay with us and that you will definitely return to us. I have shared your comments with the team how are all delighted with them.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know as I would love to introduce myself and I would also be delighted to personally look after your booking of give you a complimentary upgrade on a high floor.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Returned to Jury's Inn for the weekend of March 28th. It was my third visit (and this is my 3rd review!)
This trip was as pleasing as previous visits. The staff are so helpful and attentive. We were given our room of choice and we were able to store our bags on departure day.
Our room overlooked the street but noise was not a problem. It was a spacious room with comfortable beds and a hospitality tray.
We did not have breakfast because there is a huge choice of restaurants nearby.
This hotel is my top choice for Aberdeen...Union Square has so much to offer and access from the hotel means you don't have to venture outside if the weather is bad.
We ate in some very nice restaurants, picked up some shopping bargains and visited the cinema... "The Grand Hotel Budapest" is one of the funniest films I have ever seen!
Thanks, Jury's Inn, for a lovely weekend.

Room Tip: If your room is not to your liking the receptionist will, in my experience, offer an alternative.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We are all very delighted that you had an excellent stay with us and that you choose to return back to us time and again. I have shared your comments with the team how are equally happy with them.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I had an excellent stay at the Jurys Inn. it is very handy as it is right inside union square and its near the bus station and the train station. The room was very clean and tidy I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better as you are away from the bar
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Callum,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We are all very delighted that you had an excellent stay with us and also that you would recommend the hotel. I have shared your comments with the team how are equally happy with them.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know as I would be delighted to personally look after your booking of give you a complimentary upgrade to one of our executive rooms on a high floor.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

It is a bland chain hotel in a convenient location, The rooms are comfortable and clean. Room price is good value at weekends. Very good value breakfast. It does what it does very
well. TripAdvisor insists reviews must be 200 characters but there is not really much more to say about it. It's functional and serviceable.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Caitlin,

Thank you for writing the review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We are all very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know as I would be delighted to personally look after your booking personally.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Really pleased with Jury's. Great location - just a short walk from the station and great location in Union Square. Staff friendly and helpful. Good sized rooms and modern public areas. Breakfast a good selection including Prossecco! tables a bit close together though. Downside lot's of noise from air vents above Union Square and why don't you carpet all the stairwells? Would go back again soon.

Room Tip: Rooms at side avoid air vents from Union Square
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Jane,

Thank you for writing the review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and have mentioned our team here. Breakfast is always a focus for myself, the head chef and our breakfast supervisor and we keep looking at ways to improve this. I’m glad that you enjoyed it. In terms of the stairs we have had a couple of comments about this recently and it is something which is on our radar – it was a decision made during the opening of the hotel to leave then as they are however they are certainly not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know and I would like to introduce myself to you and also be delighted to personally look after your booking of give you a complimentary upgrade to one of our executive rooms. Thank you once again for writing your review.

Norway
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here for the weekend. Very good rooms and very good service. The rooms were big and clean. The only thing was that there weren't any shelves to put your clothes, but we managed. used the suitcase. Very centrally located, closed to shops and restaurants

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Beata,

Thank you for writing the review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We have a fantastic housekeeping team here who are very good at delivering on the standards within the bedrooms and the public areas in the hotel also. I wish to inform you that we have plans to get drawers in all of our bedrooms so this should help with future stays and also remove the only detraction you experience.