“A night in the Granite City”
Review of Jurys Inn

Jurys Inn
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is very convenient for the railway station, bus station and shopping. The main entrance for the hotel is actually in the Union Square shopping centre with an intercom controlled entrance from the street. Our room was very clean and not cramped. The staff were all friendly & helpful, storing my bag before check in as I had arrived earlier than check in time. I was offered a room on the 1st floor but was happy to wait till the afternoon for my assigned room on the 2nd floor. Costa coffee in the bar was just the thing after hours of shopping! The buffet breakfast was very good with a wide choice available, cold & hot food, bread, croissants, juice, tea coffee etc. My only gripe would be the lack of a vent in the bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank May069
Andrew M, General Manager at Jurys Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for providing such great feedback on your recent stay. It would be much appreciated if you would contact myself via email and tell me which room you stayed in. We have a very proactive maintenance team which will resolve the bathroom vent issue you noted.

I hope to welcome you back to Jurys Aberdeen.

Andrew McLoughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (2,278)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Would highly recommend this hotel the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. We had a lovely breakfast and enjoyed our weekend of retail therapy. We had a slight problem with one of our rooms and it was resolved efficiently and with minimal fuss. We had a wonderful time and will definitely be back

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon B

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for posting such a great review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. The team and I hope to welcome you back to Jurys Aberdeen in the near future.

Please contact me next time you are due to stay.

Andrew McLoughlin

andrew_mcloughlin@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights last April and enjoyed our visit.This April 40th wedding anniversary. Husband booked Executive room as surprise. Arrived around 1pm and told too early to check in. Oops earlier checkin with executive room. Apologies. Given form to sign - wrong booking, wrong name and only one night, we were staying two. Room 608 - internet description said executive rooms are on top floor(there are 7).However room was nice, recently decorated but view was of air con units on top of Union square. Expected bath robes and slippers as per website description - none. Enquired at reception, ensured they would be supplied. They didn't arrive and when we enquired again told no longer available. I would like to add that the room had no clock and no hotel information pack. Breakfast next morning was a bit ad hoc. Very busy, find you own table and no directions of what was where and what was available. Sunday morning breakfast was the same and the fruit juices were moved to another area. An added point our "free internet access" - we were given a receipt with a daily access code and £7 at top, we weren't charged but it wasn't explained to us.Our free morning paper was in the room when we returned in the afternoon. We would probably stay here again as it's very convenient for train station but wouldn't pay extra for upgraded room as didn't think we got anything different from last year - in fact last year we had a fab view across the city and chocolates in our room.

Room Tip: Ask for front of hotel if you want view. Don't waste money on up grade.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I am sorry that your stay with us wasn’t a good as previous stay and that we seem to have missed out on some of the basic points. I would really appreciate it if you could contact me on the below email address so that we are able to discuss your stay in more detail.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

On our short trip to visit friends in Aberdeen we stopped off at this wonderful hotel. The service from start to finish was first class. A comfortable, well maintained hotel with great food and service. A special mention to a young Irish lad in the bar, think Brian was his name, who was very attentive and more than pleasant. Well definitely be back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for writing such a fabulous review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. It was great to read that you have had a fantastic stay with us. It is also great to see that Brian has received a personal comment from you. Brian is a placement student over from Ireland and is doing particularly well with us.

Please let me know when you are looking to return to the hotel and I will ensure that you are upgraded to one of our newly refurbished executive rooms..

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very nice hotel with very nice staff. We have stayed here numerous times now, but this time the room we were allocated was not so good. Bed very small for a double and mattress was hard, I missed my feather pillows from home, next time I will bring them with me! Unfortunately because of this I didn't have a very good sleep, hoping next time is better. Breakfast was the best we have had in a hotel with everything you could ask for with the added bonus of a Bloody Mary or Prosecco! Drinks are a but pricey in the bar, but we found that Aberdeen on the whole has got very expensive.

Room Tip: Try for a front facing room as the back of the hotel is a bit drab
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your latest stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. It’s great to hear from regular guests and we appreciate all feedback. I was sadden to hear that your sleep quality wasn’t to it’s usual high standard. If you would be able to send me an email to let me know which room you were in and I will have the mattress and pillows check.

Please let me know when you are looking to return to the hotel and I will ensure that you are allocated a room with a king size bed and fantastic new pillows.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Excellent weekend. Staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble. Very clean. Definitely would stay here again. From the moment I arrived I was helped by staff. They let me drop my bag off at reception while I went out sightseeing. Very happy with everything this hotel offered, the bar was wonderful, the decor modern. Fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We are all delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the team here fantastic and helpful.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Please let me know when you are looking to re-book and I will be very happy to assist.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Room is ok, matress fine. Difficult to adjust the heater (room too warm at night). Very good breakfast and the best oat meal porridge I have tasted! I'd love to have the recipe. The receptionists were welcoming, and the service in the hotel bar was very good. Lots of sitting groups on the bar.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Berit,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the porridge. This is a specific area where our chef focuses on in the morning and regularly puts out fresh porridge as it is so popular. Please drop me an email and I would be delighted to send you on his recipe.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance when booking a room.