“Excellent Location”
Review of Jurys Inn Aberdeen

Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent location, 2 mins away from the train station and right in Union square where you have lots of shopping and eating places. Relatively new hotel and to a good standard with good pleasant staff and good food and bar.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Jez,

Thank you for writing such a fantastic review on your recent stay with is here at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. It was great to read that you had a good stay with us. We really do have a great team here and it’s really nice to read that other people can see that also. I have shared your comments with the team here.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance when booking a room as I would be delighted to give you a complimentary room upgrade.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night in May.

First the good points:

(i) very handy for train station, theatre, cinema, nearby shops in the Union Square shopping centre and around Union Street.
(ii) nice cleahn and fresh common areas, lobby, bar etc.
(iii) friendly staff.
(iv) very good breakfast choice

Now the bad points:

(i) Our "superior room" was very basic. White walls, no pictures, basic wardrobe, basic bathroom. I am not sure what it was "superior" to.

(ii) Poor sound proofing meant that noise from the busy street outside (including noise from customers leaving nearby pubs) kept us awake until the early hours.

(iii) Over priced. The weekend rate was excessive for Aberdeen. Better deals can be had at Hilton Garden Inn which in my view has much better quality rooms. For slightly more cash more upscale hotels are available.

Basically - budget quality room for non-budget price!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the street noise. Don't bother booking a "superior&quo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with is here at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I must apologise that you did not have a good nights sleep with us. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please email me on the address below to further discuss your stay.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Just needed central station overnight location on trip to Orkney. Everything perfect. I've got to say more to suit Tripadvisor but there is no more to say - perfect! I don't know how many words this is Lo la la la la la

Dear Christy,

Thank you for writing such a fantastic review on your recent stay with is here at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We are delighted that you had a perfect stay. I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance when booking a room next time.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel trip was our second and certainly won't be our last. It was a special trip for my partner's 30th birthday and made even more special by the friendly and polite staff, cleanliness, and welcoming atmosphere the hotel had to offer. Our room itself overlooked the city and the size of the bed was not to go unmentioned!

Fantastic little getaway!

• Stayed: May 2014
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Tinkerbell,

Thank you for writing such a fantastic review on your latest stay with is here at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. Its great to see that you have returned to us and plan to return again in the future. We really do have a great team here and its really nice to read that other people can see that also.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed for 2 weeks for business and couldn't fault the Jurys.
Great location being part of Union Square with all it's eateries and shops.
Excellent for transport links.
Room clean and tidy at all times, and surprisingly quiet for it's location, even on the weekends.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for writing the review on your recent stay. We are all delighted that you had a good stay with us. Please do let me know when you are next back to Aberdeen as I would like to introduce myself to you.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here in april it is ideal, train station, bus station, shopping mall, good food very comfy rooms, only downside there were no sets of drawers in room which I found a bit odd, luckily we were only there 2 nights, but a very good place, great bar.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. It is always great to get feedback from our guests. At the moment only our executive rooms have drawers in them, however there are plans now to get a set of drawers into each bedroom so I hope by your next visit they will be in place for you.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know as I would be delighted to personally look after your booking of give you a complimentary upgrade.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed here for one night as we had a wedding in Aberdeen and it was cheaper to stay in the hotel than getting taxis to and from our house. We parked in Union square and just walked through the shopping centre to get to the hotel. We were early but we were checked in straight away which was great. Room was a good size, bed was comfy and staff very friendly. This is a great hotel if u fancy a weekend in Aberdeen it is central to all the shops, bars and restaurants and the railway & bus station is just next door. Would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We are all delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the team here friendly. I have shared your comments with the team who are all equally pleased.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let me know as I would be delighted to personally look after your booking of give you a complimentary upgrade on a high floor.