Jurys Inn
  • Bar/Lounge
Highland Hotel(Aberdeen)
  • Breakfast included
2,334 results
All reviewsunion squareshopping centretrain stationgreat locationshopping tripcentral locationexecutive roombreakfast was excellentexcellent hotelwould stay againexcellent stayself servicebusiness tripone night staycomfy bedcar parkcinema
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed for a week for work reasons and found the hotel to be perfectly placed. The staff were extremely helpful, food was good and room was spotless. The shopping centre on the doorstep is extremely handy. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for writing the review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was delighted by it and have shared it with all the team here. It’s great to read such positive comments on the team, the food and the cleanliness.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance when booking a room as I would be delighted to give you a complimentary room upgrade.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

had to wait in a queue at reception. the girl asked me questions but was talking to her colleague and was not listening to my answers so had to ask again. there was no information given about breakfast or meals. the double room had an out of date newspaper and one glass with one bottle of water even though there was two of us in the room. the room itself was clean, however, the bathroom smelled of stale smoke. the hotel is a perfect location for city centre life in aberdeen but i would not rush back here or recommend this to anyone else

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julia d

Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was disappointed to read that you were not fully satisfied with the service and customer care that you received. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss the points raised in further detail. If you would be so kind as to contact me on the below email address.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Impossible to fault the hotel services or restaurant however the website could give clearer directions to the parking, the hotel does not have it's own parking, also clearer directions to the hotel reception.
Lets start with the good stuff, the reception / registration was quick and faultless less than 5 minutes from entering the hotel to entering the room.
Room; clean and tidy with air conditioning that worked well.
Went to look at the bar with regards to eating but the volume of customers waiting to be served made the decision to eat in the restaurant very easy , and as it turned out the correct decision.
Restaurant; totally efficient, very speedily seated, drinks order taken immediately and food order taken within 5 minutes. First course warm goats cheese salad was perfect, followed by sirloin steak with heaps of properly cooked vegetables. A thoroughly pleasant experience overall.
A good nights sleep was followed by an excellent early 06:30hrs breakfast again in the restaurant.
Check out process smooth and easy.

Things to improve; on the website clearly inform guests that the hotel does not have any car parking. That the nearest car parking is in College Street and show this clearly on a map. Also give them the information on whether to park on level 6 to 13, this costs £15 per 24 hours period or to park on level 5 and below which costs £7 per 24 hour period, these levels are meant to be for British Rail travellers.

It would also help if the website included a map showing the walking route from the car park to the hotel entrance, viz; leave the car park on level 5 follow the walk way into the station and descend 1 storey to the concourse, exit the concourse into Union Square shopping centre and look for the escalators,. Ascend 1 storey at the top of the escalators look to your left and you will find the entrance to Jurys Inn.

Union Square is a first class shopping centre with many leading brands represented and open until late.
I will definitely stay in this hotel again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for writing the review on your recent visit to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I have shared your comments with the team here who are all delighted by them too, particularly Shauna our evening restaurant supervisor who has a great team working with her and Lorna our front office manager.

I wish to let you know that I will also be speaking to our marketing team at head office to look at getting our website updated with better car parking information.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Clean and Friendly, very central, just a short walk from almost everything including the railway station and many good restaurants, perfect for shopping - dining and night life - you could arrive by train do your shopping dining cinema etc. and never have to go out doors, or catch a bus or taxi.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Pippy,

Thank you very much for writing such a wonderful review on your recent visit to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I have shared your comments with the team here who are all delighted by them too.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked Jury'sAberdeen for my sister's hen night weekend and it was AMAZING! Michael McIntosh, (Night Manager) was fantastic and I cannot fault the hotel in anyway. The room was fantastic and the breakfast amazing - cava/bloody marys included in breakfast package!! We requested room for 26 ladies to congregate and were given a seperate side room, with a waiter to take orders and free canapes. The hotel also organised taxis for us. I got a superb deal by dealing direct with Michael, much cheaper than any of the last minutes websites. I'm always wary of the authencity of reviews, but as much as you can believe any, believe this one. Michael and his staff helped make this a truly fantastic weekend. I'll definately be staying here again.

Room Tip: Book direct with Michael McIntosh
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review on your visit to us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. We are all very delighted that you had a superb experience while with us. I have passed your comments on to Michael also who is absolutely delighted – as am I. We reward all our team members who provide the level of exceptional service that stands out enough for customers to mention their names, and it is clear that Michael has done this with your booking.

When you are looking to return to Aberdeen in the future please do let either Michael or myself know as we would be delighted to personally look after your booking again of give you a complimentary upgrade on your room.