“Parking Problem!”
Review of Jurys Inn Aberdeen

Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Jury's is a comfortable, spotlessly clean hotel in a fab location in Union Sq, Aberdeen. The reception staff are friendly & helpful and the bar is open till 1am.
Only problem is parking. Nowhere to park close to the hotel until you check in and offload luggage. The drop off area was all coned off. The nearest parking is Union Sq & you have to drag your luggage the length of the shopping centre or College St which is quite a trek with overnight bags etc.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Not my first visit to this hotel and wouldn't use any other in Aberdeen.
Had an executive room on this occasion which was excellent - amazing views across the city, spacious room and some extra special tasty treats as well!
Staff from reception to the bar, breakfast room and management are always welcoming and clearly take pride in their work and have a desire to deliver excellent customer service.
Breakfast is a particular treat with huge variety of fresh and tasty treats at the well stocked buffet. I particularly enjoyed the pastries and waffles. Furthermore if you're lucky enough to visit on the weekend you can partake in an extra special treat - prosecco or bloody Mary's!
The location is fantastic and allows an excellent opportunity to explore the city. If you're here for a few days the hotel provides it's own fine food as well as having access to the huge variety of restaurants right on the doorstep of union square. As well as the great variety of shops in Union square there's also another shopping centre within walking distance if you're looking to splash some cash.
Will definitely be returning here for any future visits to Aberdeen. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Marie,

Thank you for writing such a great review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I always talk about the team that we have here as they are fantastic. It’s always great to read your comments and be able to share them with the team.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was my second stay at the Jury's Inn. Centrally located and in the Union Square Mall, the location cannot be beat. The front desk personnel were friendly and professional and checked me in without incident. I was assigned a room on the 7th floor, which was great. I had a beautiful view of the city, the harbour and the North Sea. The room looked like it had been recently refreshed or renovated and had plenty of space to unpack. Since I was staying for a week, I really like to be able to put my things away. I had a king size bed, which was really comfy, plus a desk, small set of drawers, and a table and chairs. There was also a large flat screen TV, with free satellite channels. I also liked that there was a kettle, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cookies (nice touch!).

I went to the breakfast buffet almost every day and enjoyed the variety - eggs, sausages, bacon, potatoes, toast, cereal, cold cuts and a variety of other items. You will not go hungry! Also, if you are looking for a tasty morning beverage, they have a build your own Bloody Mary station. Unfortunately, I was there for work or I would have had a few!

The bar serves pretty decent food and I enjoyed relaxing there and sipping on a few drinks.

I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PurrcyCat

Dear Reviewer,

I was very happy to have read your comments and have passed on your comments to the entire team who were all delighted with this.
When you are next up in Aberdeen please do let me know as I would love to look after your booking personally and ensure that you have one of our executive rooms again..

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Not my first time staying at this Jurys Inn and as always it didn't disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay (2 days) in one of the executive suites on the sixth floor. The room featured many amenities like climate control, a small fridge (which came stocked with a few treats), free premium wifi and sky tv. The bed was not only enormous but comfortable with a variety of pillows for anyone's preference.

The staff were all professional and courteous, if you get a chance I highly recommend you visit the bar for its excellent atmosphere and selection of drinks.

Overall my stay was excellent and I will no doubt be back again soon.

Room Tip: Floors 6 & 7 are where the executive suites are located and feature the best views, a large bed...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Phil,

Thank you for writing such a great review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. Delighted that you come back to us when you are staying in Aberdeen and we deliver each time. Thanks also for your comments on the staff here and particularly the bar team. They will all be delighted by them.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Enjoyed the experience! Great Service ! Location was great and the menu was tasty and well priced. The staff were courteous and friendly. When I had a query the staff dealt with it efficiently, no knowing the area that was very helpful!:)

Room Tip: Check with Tripadvisor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Reviewer,

If you are ever coming back up to Aberdeen please do contact me as I would love to look after your booking personally and upgrade your room.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very well located beside the train station so easy for access. Also, well located near downtown and the nightlife. Aberdeen is a big industrial city but still worthwhile to be seen. There is a very nice peer near by and you can easily access the beach area on the north sea. Hotel has a nice restaurant. Breakfast has many choices hot & cold and evening menu was recently upgraded. The only issue we had was that some items were not available from that new menu and we had to take salmon instead of a white fish and the recipe was not adapted to salmon so the dish turned out not as good as it could have been.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Andre,

Thank you for writing the review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I have shared your comments with our head chef who will look into the matter further. Certainly we should not be disappointing our guests by not having items on our menu.

If you are ever coming back up to Aberdeen please do contact me as I would love to look after your booking personally.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Circumstances led us there...unprofessional and carless mensgement. Bar staff either dishonest or can not add up two drinks. Food was apauling. Other staff smily but clueless. Newish furniture not kept clean. Be wise and avoid.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hawkwatch2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for writing the review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was deeply saddened to read your comments. As you can see from the other comments it is certainly not our normal standard, particularly regarding our staff as they receive excellent feedback from our customers.

I would very much like the opportunity to discuss the point in further detail. Please contact me on the below email address.