“Simply the best Chinese Restaurant in the North of Scotland”
Review of The Manchurian

The Manchurian
Ranked #64 of 711 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We have been here many times and on our recent visit we met up with friends who live in Aberdeen who hadn't been yet. The food is fresh and non of the glutenous stuff we Brits associate with Chinese meals. The staff as always courteous and helpful. Our friends will go again and so will we. Well worth a visit,

1  Thank RosieO060

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Overall I enjoyed the Manchurian and would definately go back.

Note: Parking is a bit of a strange one and if you are travelling in the direction of the city center you need to turn off to the left before the restaurant and turn right, otherwise its a bit of a detour to get to the car park.

Anyway, me and my brother went here for a mothers day meal with my mum and dad. Overall first impressions of the restaurant were quite good (they could probably be done with hoovering the carpet) but apart from that nice decor, comfortable chairs and clean tables. The menu was comprehensive and a bit more expensive than your average chinese.

We ordered some drinks and my mum was a little disappointed to find only 1 rose wine available on the menu, but after sampling it she was happy enough to drink pretty much the whole bottle so it must have been quite good.

Anyway after a lengthy discussion we went for the set menu for 4, a lil bit pricey at about £27 a head. There was a few minor issues with the service where they refused to make more than one menu change and initially they refused until we pointed out we wanted to replace the king prawn with chicken (which is cheaper) and the issue was resolved.

The combo platter for starters was thoroughly enjoyable, probably the best chinese ribs and satay skewers ive had and the duck was perfectly cooked. We tried the honey chilli chicken, fillet steak in mandarin sauce, shredded chilli chicken, sweet and sour pork and something else for mains and each of them were very enjoyable.

I'd also like to point out that the service was not all bad, my mum mentioned her gluten allergy when ordering starters and when the main courses were taken out the waiter advised me mother of which dishes she couldnt eat, and drinks were regularly checked to ensure no-one had an empty glass.

Overall we all left with the opinion that it was one of the best if not the best chinese meals we'd had and although my initial thoughts was that it was quite pricey, as the food was well above average it was not grudged at all and we will most definately return.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

The mix of western and Chinese traditional food great. You can eat genuine food from the chineses menu and dim sum fantastic

2  Thank theepilgrim
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Went to the Manchurian restaurant with my wife. Had two starters - Won ton deep fried and prawn dumplings. Both were very good. A lot of meat used and hot (temperature). Main course was Kung Po chicken and Chicken Satay with fried rice. Satay was a bit "weak"...not very strong flavours but Kung PO was very good. Spicy with a good kick to it. Quite a lot of food on one portion as well which was a good show. Cost was £40 including a Chinese tea and two soft drinks so I'd say about average for price. Whilst it wasn't the best Chinese meal I've had it was nowhere near the worst. Would say it is a good 4 stars with pretty good value for money. Would go back again.

1  Thank kenmavor
Reviewed 3 February 2012

best chinese diner tip go at lunch time if you want the best chinese food night time aimed at europeans lunch chinese

1  Thank peter f