“Best breakfast in a long while, staff faultless”
Review of Bauhaus Hotel

Bauhaus Hotel
Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best breakfast in a long while, staff faultless”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Stayed here for one night and can't fault it. From check in to check out staff were excellent, very friendly and were able to tell us the best place to park along the road overnight under the Park Inn for only £7.50.
Rooms are pristine and modern bright minimalistic, bathroom is great with fab rainshower and Aveda toiletries, big white fluffy towels. Tea and coffee selection with biscuits. Iron and hairdryer in room. Big plus is free Wifi which you are informed about at check-in.
Great location just off top end of Union Street and nice bars and Restaurants on the same street as the hotel, lovely Spanish Tapas Bar straight across the road.
Special mention for the breakfast which was by far one of the best we have had. No greasy offerings here, everything was cooked beautifully. I have to mention the poached eggs. The orangest richest yokes I have ever tasted, the waitress informed me that they are delivered fresh every day from a local farm and they are free range, it certainly pays off.
An enjoyable very comfortable stay and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Bauhaus whilst on business in Aberdeen. I was attracted, initially, by the intriguing name of the hotel 'Bauhaus' - I love the German design movement so I thought staying here would be interesting. The room was a little chilly, but perhaps I just had not acclimatised to being so far north! The furnishings, however, were chic, comfortable and clean - very stylish indeed. I have to say, it is not the superb interior which makes this hotel a must-stay for any visitor to Aberdeen, but the welcoming, helpful and friendly staff. The restaurant was fairly priced as the food was sumptuous. Also, the waitress in particular was very attentive and was keen to make me feel welcome - even offering advice on what attractions to see before my departure. Thank you, Morven and the rest of Bauhaus for such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

First time in Aberdeen, found the hotel online and read some reviews. Great service, quality of rooms, my wife was delighted with a proper hairdryer. Breakfast was superb!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I've been visiting Aberdeen for years and put up with hotels of varying standard - mostly low.

Finally a good hotel which can measure up against high standard hotels all over the world.

The Bauhaus staff were cheerful, helpful and efficient, the rooms are clean, modern and comfortable, the location is central and there is a large 24 hour parking garage within a hundred metres of the front door.

This is a place I will happily go back to......a first for me in Aberdeen.

Thanks to the staff. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed October 2011
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We arrived in Aberdeen late afternoon and checked with tripadvisor on the best hotels in the area. The reviews were very good for the Bauhaus Hotel. I went in to check if they had a double room available for the night. We were touring Scotland and £115 was a little bit more than we had paid in previous places, but compared to the Park Inn which is very near, the price is very good. The receptionist said the room is one of his favourites which was on the 5th floor. The room was ultra modern and had a fantastic view over the city. The bathroom a huge shower which was fabulous. We had free wi-fi with a very strong signal.

There were lots of bars and restaurants around. We picked an Italian restaurant which was 2 minutes walk away called Rustico on Union Row. That was a very busy place with friendly staff and fab food,

There was lots of noise in the very early hours of the night from the bars, but it didn't spoil our night as we were very tired. My husband heard a woman shouting out of the window for people to shut up.

The breakfast was very nice. I had porridge which was very filling and my husband had a cooked breakfast. The chef was very "chefy" he took extra care on the breakfast. stacking food on top of each other. The restaurant was a very nice place, I would imagine the food would be nice.

We would definitely stay here again if we were every in the area. The only trouble is, the only parking is in the 24 hours multi storey car park, which is £4 per night.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor