Bauhaus Hotel
Aberdeen Marriott Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Pool
Jurys Inn(Aberdeen)
US$92
US$84
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$201
US$181
US$85
US$78
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Restaurant
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$74
US$120
US$113
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$99
US$88
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsunion streetsuperior roomcool hotelcoffee makergreat hotelbottle of proseccocooked breakfastmini fridgecentral locationgreat showerstayed here for one nightincluded breakfastbars and restaurantscomfortable bedsaturday nightbottled waterbreakfast room
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Dissapointed with the whole experience. Took a suite option that seemed to be just a big bedroom on second floor overlooking busy Union Street. Very noisy despite fact I had requested a quiet room. The hotel environment is clean and tidy but feels like staying in a certain well known Swedish budget furniture store. Bed ok if you don't mind two singles pushed together. Staff wereffriendly and check in efficient. However, compared to other Aberdeen hotels I use this feels like poor value for the cost.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night. We stayed in a superior double, on the third floor. The room was lovely, really spacious. The layout and style meant we spent plenty time just chilling out and relaxing in the room. It lived up to the images on the website, so you really know what you see is what you can expect to find. Breakfast was great and appreciated that at weekends it was served up until 10am.

We decided not to have room service on Saturday morning but the housemaid couldn't have been friendlier when I approached her in the hallway to ask for an extra clean towel. She asked if everything else was okay, which it was. All other staff were exceptionally friendly and took interest in what we were up to and offered their advice. Amazing value for such a central location and beautifully designed hotel. Thank you.

Room Tip: Take advantage of their August offer if you enjoy a good cocktail!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank weeconker
Reviewed 18 July 2013

As others have noted this has a strong design flavor. Clue in the name. Some hist some misses. What matters is great service. Tick. Great bed. Tick. Great bathroom. Tick. Great breakfast (cooked to order and included in price). Tick. It was also good value at £110 for a night. I stumbled in at 2am and was shown to my room the excellent night porter. All good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed two nights at the hotel at the end of June on a Friday and Saturday (more about that in a minute). It was a bit different from the typical hotel experience, and fairly unconventional - the hotel is painted in strong primary colors inside, with a different color theme for each of the 5 floors. The art on the walls matches the theme, which is to say it's painted in bright primary colors, usually of combinations of geometric shapes, matched to the primary floor theme color. I liked the style a lot, but it's very modern, so if you're looking for a hotel experience that's more "regal" this probably isn't the place for you. There is a full bar on the second floor of the hotel that seems to get a lot of traffic, and the reception desk also doubles as a small bar on the groundfloor (as I said - unconventional).

The room was similarly modern, with warm browns and cream colors and furniture with a distinctive 70s-but-modern look. It felt like the room had been set up by an interior designer, and was decently sized. The bathroom was a little smaller, but instead of tile the shower was paneled in a smooth stone (coriander maybe?) which gave it an upmarket feel. The shower was amazing - the wide head flowed so much water it felt like I was showering under a hot waterfall! I loved it and wish I could get one of those in my home. One small note that may be of interest to Americans is that I was surprised to find that they didn't include any washcloths with the linens. So, I called down to reception, and said they would send some right up. No one ever came, and it was late, so I didn't pursue it. But in morning when I called down again, someone came by but thought I was asking to drop off clothes to be washed. Once they understood I was looking for a "face towel" they then informed me they didn't stock any. That surprised me given how many rooms the hotel had and that they were in a big city, but reception later that day also confirmed they don't stock them. Maybe it's a European thing (?) Bottom line - bring your own washcloth. The hotel got a little noisy with so many people going to the bar, and with the tile hallways echoing any voices. Since we were there on the weekend, the bar got pretty busy, and the street that the hotel is on has about 6 different nightclubs that also get a fair amount of traffic, so you'll hear the music beat and be in the "clubbing" environment when you leave to go anywhere in the evening.

The hotel service was overall very good. The front desk person helped me decode the parking signs around the hotel, but be warned that if you're driving a car you'll have to park on the street - and often need to pay really expensive meters from 8 AM - 6 PM. I found some off-street parking a few minutes away (thank you wifi and Google!), but just be forewarned that you'll have to figure out what to do with your car while you're there. Breakfast was included in our room reservation, and the food was good but average overall.

The hotel was reasonably priced, and given the clean modern decor, location in the city centre (not "center" when you're in Britain of course), and included breakfast, staying here is a terrific value. I dinged one star (circle?) for the lack of parking arrangements, but I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably quieter given that they're farther from the street where the clubs are and farther from the hotel bar on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Grant is an excellent chef! Whilst the food was quite pricey I didn't grudge it because it was lovely! His wife was our waitress and is lovely. Had cocktails here with friends one summer evening and it was a great place to start our night. Highly recommend it :)

• Stayed: August 2012