“No Official Apology”
Review of Bauhaus Hotel

Bauhaus Hotel
Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed in The Bauhaus after on the 15th November. £95 bed and breakfast with bottle of Prosecco. Room was rather small. Have had better rooms in cheaper hotels. Restaurant looked like a staff canteen although breakfast was freshly cooked and very good. No shower in the morning as water was freezing. The receptionist advised us they were having a problem with the water and they were trying to sort it out. She informed us someone would be in touch with an offer of compensation. Still waiting. Not even a formal apology. Poor show.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alijoh14

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed three nights on a December business trip. The location is central and close to secure parking, making it ideal for my visit.

The hotel and its furnishings are very stylish, perhaps too austere for me to choose it for pleasure. The room was very spacious and well designed with everything I needed, with the exception of a shower cap for which you have to pay 50p, which I found strange. The large bed was very comfortable and everything spotless. Plenty hot water and a large modern shower, coupled with large warm towels get the day off to a good start. The free wifi was straightforward to use.

Our team ate dinner here on the first night and thoroughly enjoyed the food, we would have dined here every night but found the restaurant fully booked, generally I'd expect a hotel to make provision for residents. There are two bars in the hotel, the ground floor one was manned as it doubles as reception but I waited a long time in the upstairs one without anyone coming to serve me and I got the impression I wasn't welcome there. Otherwise the staff were helpful, welcoming and friendly. A special thank you to the lovely blonde lady on reception who provided me with a complimentary coffee when I arrived back tired, wet, windblown and with no cash in my purse!
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again whenever working in Aberdeen.
Ask for a room at the back though, Aberdeen has a lively, noisy nightlife!

Room Tip: The rooms at the front can be noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had a lovely stay in this hotel. The superior room on the 5th floor was large, clean and contemporary. The shower room was large with a brilliant waterfall shower. Bed was comfortable. A lovely breakfast served by very friendly staff. Not the usual buffet style but served at your table. I would definitely stay here again. Many thanks.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor and I would recommend this.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Not drawn to the whole architecture/modern style, but that was more than made up for by the friendly staff and very clean accommodations. Heated towel rack in the bathroom was a very nice touch. Got a recommendation from the front desk for a good pub and were not disappointed. Very much enjoyed our evening. Breakfast was good too. Nice pot of hot coffee arrived almost as soon as we finished asking for it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here so we did not have to drive home or pay extortionate taxi prices.

Lovely, contemporary well designed room. Very comfortable.

The room was located on the top floor so quiet and far enough away from the busy street below which has a good selection of good quality eating & drinking establishments.

We did not dine as we were meeting friends for dinner.

Breakfast had a good choice of Continental & cooked choices.

Staff helpful & accommodating.

Very reasonably priced weekend rates.

Would recommend.

Good location for a night out in the town with friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2013

A good boutique style hotel based on the Bauhaus influenced architecture. Pleasant hotel but strangely fragmented. I had one of the suites and needed a sat nav to find it. I enjoyed my stay there and will return again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This place is compared to other hotels in Aberdeen very good value for money.
The rooms are clean and modern incl a very good wifi connection.
Staff is very nice, service is at a high level.
Location is perfect, very close by one of the best restaurants of Aberdeen (Rustico's).
I personnaly prefer a buffet for breakfast, while here you have a couple of options. This is something which could be changed to make the whole thing perfect.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business