“Lovely modern hotel in aberdeen city centre”
Review of Bauhaus Hotel

Bauhaus Hotel
Ranked #31 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have now stayed in this hotel twice with my daughter. Lovely modern hotel set just off Union Street so really handing for walking to various restaurants, cinema, shopping in Aberdeen.
Rooms are reasonable size, with really good ensuite shower. Tea and coffee facilities provided, as is bottled water ( a nice touch which is not often provided).
Reception staff first class, so friendly and welcoming. Very helpful and keen to help you get the most out of your trip. I must mention Iris who has been welcoming and friendly on both visits and when phoning to arrange our visit.
My only negative is that the restaurant and bar are only open until 9pm. There is a really nice area to sit but you have to go to reception on the ground floor for a drink!
A great wee hotel, I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fiona C

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I'd heard all of the horror stories about trying to find a decent room in Aberdeen without paying over the odds, so was really pleased to find somewhere that seemed to fit the bill. Although the midweek room rate (£140) was still above what I would usually pay for a business trip, it was the best available in the city and Bauhaus looked like a better option that an anonymous chain hotel - it certainly didn't disappoint.

Although the hotel is located just off Union Street (great for bars and restaurants) in the centre of the city, the room was quiet and I got a great night's sleep in a really comfortable bed. My room wasn't huge, but modern and stylish with a powerful shower in a compact bathroom. Exposed brick and contemporary furniture aren't to everyone's taste, but they tick the box for me.

Downstairs, the staff at the Reception/Bar were incredibly friendly and helpful - which is what really elevates an independant hotel like this above the rest of the pack. I'll be checking in again next time I'm in Aberdeen.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank luckyvdb
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed here recently but never again. Firstly went to bar for a drink before heading out for dinner and waited nearly 20mins for a beer and cocktail and when it did eventually come, martini glass wasn't even half full and you know the price of cocktails!! Secondly room was meant to be a deluxe room but certainly nothing deluxe about it. Made a comment to hotel manager at check out regarding shower leaking and so did another guest but he was the rudest man I have ever had dealings with. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed in The Bauhaus after on the 15th November. £95 bed and breakfast with bottle of Prosecco. Room was rather small. Have had better rooms in cheaper hotels. Restaurant looked like a staff canteen although breakfast was freshly cooked and very good. No shower in the morning as water was freezing. The receptionist advised us they were having a problem with the water and they were trying to sort it out. She informed us someone would be in touch with an offer of compensation. Still waiting. Not even a formal apology. Poor show.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alijoh14
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed three nights on a December business trip. The location is central and close to secure parking, making it ideal for my visit.

The hotel and its furnishings are very stylish, perhaps too austere for me to choose it for pleasure. The room was very spacious and well designed with everything I needed, with the exception of a shower cap for which you have to pay 50p, which I found strange. The large bed was very comfortable and everything spotless. Plenty hot water and a large modern shower, coupled with large warm towels get the day off to a good start. The free wifi was straightforward to use.

Our team ate dinner here on the first night and thoroughly enjoyed the food, we would have dined here every night but found the restaurant fully booked, generally I'd expect a hotel to make provision for residents. There are two bars in the hotel, the ground floor one was manned as it doubles as reception but I waited a long time in the upstairs one without anyone coming to serve me and I got the impression I wasn't welcome there. Otherwise the staff were helpful, welcoming and friendly. A special thank you to the lovely blonde lady on reception who provided me with a complimentary coffee when I arrived back tired, wet, windblown and with no cash in my purse!
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again whenever working in Aberdeen.
Ask for a room at the back though, Aberdeen has a lively, noisy nightlife!

Room Tip: The rooms at the front can be noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had a lovely stay in this hotel. The superior room on the 5th floor was large, clean and contemporary. The shower room was large with a brilliant waterfall shower. Bed was comfortable. A lovely breakfast served by very friendly staff. Not the usual buffet style but served at your table. I would definitely stay here again. Many thanks.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor and I would recommend this.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Not drawn to the whole architecture/modern style, but that was more than made up for by the friendly staff and very clean accommodations. Heated towel rack in the bathroom was a very nice touch. Got a recommendation from the front desk for a good pub and were not disappointed. Very much enjoyed our evening. Breakfast was good too. Nice pot of hot coffee arrived almost as soon as we finished asking for it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends