“Average”

Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

So I booked this hotel off bookings.com as it looked really good with the cocktail bar in the hotel... We checked in at the hotel, and went to the bar on the 2nd floor where our room was to find that there was a private function on at that time.. So we just left we went back again told the same thing I would of been happy when checking in to the hotel that I was told the bar was off limits, not only was the bar not in use for guests the restaurant wasn't either.
The room was very clean, bed was not comfy, unable to open windows and no air con room was very stuffy, and heating wasn't on. Only two plugs in the whole room in a very awkward place... Tv also hard to use.
Staff was abit rude, they called up to my room saying of a complaint of smoking in the bedroom when me or my friend don't even smoke, thought the whole point of smoke detectors was for that reason anyways we offered the receptionist to come up and check but he never we had nothing to hide, think the smell of smoke was In hall way as the bar was just along, hall was was abit noisy due to bar been at the end.

Wouldn't stay again, just for the fact of being accused of doing something I never.....

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Courtneyyb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Liverpool
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is a very nice small hotel with excellent restaurant. The staff are extremely helpful and attentive.

The restaurant has its kitchen open to view along two walls. Food there is prompt and delightful.

I would recommend this as a place to stay right in the centre of town.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank viagante
Scotland
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Have wanted to try this hotel for a while and managed to get a good deal. Room was decent size and very airy. Bathroom was lovely. Bed was massive and very comfy. No noise despite central location but we did get a room towards the back which was great. Breakfast was made to order and was very tasty. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BiscuitsFamily
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Would highly recommend this hotel. I was here on business and it was a 'single' room which fills me with dread however this was beautiful. It was a small room but there was a double bed, a dressing table and a TV that filled one wall!! The walk in shower was amazing - tempting to stay in there all day!
Everything was immaculate and everyone was extremely helpful.
The breakfast was lovely with a menu for a choice of cooked breakfast - I recommend the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon.
I tried to book back in recently and it was fully booked - I was not in the least surprised!

Great for business travellers but would be perfect for a weekend away!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Linz01
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Bauhaus hotel was on the little street which was just next to Union street. Langstane place was quiet street where was also two restaurants. The staff of hotel was very friendly and helpful. I was traveling with my sister and when we wanted to go shopping, staff of the hotel guides us to the right places. Our room was clean and modern. We spent there two night and really enjoy the visit on Bauhaus Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rokoro
Reviewed 20 April 2014

What a great hotel, we stayed in a suite and it was just fantastic.. We got here and didn't want to leave to go out for supper! Great for a relaxing weekend. Staff are very friendly and helpful, hotel immaculately clean! Would highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again! :)

• Stayed April 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Staff very nice and location excellent. The suite itself was fantastic 'but' not an excellent rating as some features advertised were not working which for me let it down. They have installed new smart TV's with internet access but with most of us having mobiles with internet access it wasn't a big plus for me. I did however book the room based on the DVD player and iPod docking station, neither of which worked! I did complain at the time and after my stay and received an apology but still payed full price for the room.
The plus is the size of the room and the 7ft bed, very spacious, some noise from Union Street but not much and certainly didn't affect sleeping and the best feature for me was the bathroom..amazing double bath, shower and complete with a TV. Highly recommended but I do feel that if you advertise a feature in a suite it should be in good working order!

Room Tip: The suites are beautiful! Check all in good working order...