“Goulash was the perfect choice!”
Review of Goulash

Goulash
Ranked #82 of 691 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was my 50th birthday weekend and I invited a few family and friends to come for a meal with me to help celebrate. I could have gone anywhere, but I had always been meaning to come here and decided this was the perfect opportunity. None of our party had been before and I was nervous Goulash might not be to their taste. Thankfully they all loved it, as did I. It is a small intimate restaurant, which is authentic and not at all pretentious. There is a lovely atmosphere and we were served by a delightful young, handsome waiter ;) The food was delicious, with huge servings. Everyone managed to finish their meals however saying they loved it and would definately be back. Goulash will certainly be my first choice again...no more chain restaurants for us!

There are newer reviews for Goulash

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Cosy little restaurant in a nice alley at the city very centre. Very wellcoming staff and definitely caring about food quality!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Recommended by a friend, I took my Spanish and Portuguese friends to dine at goulash restaurant for a first-time Hungarian cuisine experience. We couldn’t have been more pleased with it. We were warmly welcome by the owner and had a home-made spirit (Palinka, I think) as aperitif, which he also drank with us. Atmosphere was cosy, family-like, and staff is formidably friendly (very much appreciated by these Latin folks!). Food servings are vast and presented with simplicity that reminded us of mum’s food – priceless! Hungarian beer is also available and paired well with our dishes. We will definitely come back again (we even got a vaucher for next visit!) and would recommend it extensively.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I like the way this place is set up and decorated. A bit rustic and informal. The availablity of Hungarian cuisine and wine is great because it seems quite rare. The food is fairly straight forward but tasty and there are some interesting choices on the menu. The goulash soup was good stuff.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The first time I entered the restaurant, the atmosphere was great, small restaurant ran by a Hungarian family, who are very warm and welcoming. The food was home-made and delicious, but the portions were huge it took me few breaks to finish the meal, but had to be finished as it was so good to go to waste.
A great thank you to the chef for amazing food, and to the lovely waitresses that served me, quickly and with a smiling service.
I advise everyone to come and try this restaurant, to taste amazing Hungarian dishes that are a great value and have a relaxing meal.

1  Thank Julia F