“No service”
Review of Royal Thai

Royal Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Royal Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #192 of 691 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This restaurant was always my favourite until those staffs changed!! Food is always terrific but staffs was so bad! No manner and sometime they pretended not see you when you needed them!!

2  Thank Wai K
There are newer reviews for Royal Thai

Reviewed 10 June 2014

As somewhere we hadn't been before a voucher (groupon/itison/I forget) made it a good excuse to see how the food was.

2 starters, 2 mains, 2 sides were on offer (supplemented by drinks etc) and we had a look at the familiar and unfamiliar names of dishes before choosing. It was quiet at lunch meaning we got good service and had suggestions made of what we might like based on what we liked taste/meat/spice-wise.

The beef penang and honey chilli chicken were really good. Light and full of flavour they are worth going back again for and to try other dishes.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

A group of 4 people visited on a weekday for a late dinner. Menu looks promising but when the food arrives earlier expectations just blow off. Very small portions for the price, and even the batch menus available are barely enough for 2 people (there is a minimum of 2people paying £25+ each to order it). I had a salad, annoyingly small, and a typical roasted duck dish, which was rather dry and small portion AGAIN for the price.

Service was ok, however I did not appreciate the waitress' comment ''guys I dont want to push you but you have to decide cz we are about to close'' 5mins after we were sitted. We arrived at 9:15pm and asked before sitting if we have time, we were told that the kitchen closes at 10:30. Absolutely unacceptable. A 10% compulsory service charge was added on top of all this.

Certainly not impressed by my first visit, and I dont think I will be going back.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Visited here last night as part of a group of seven. Friendly welcome, very nice food - although the Banquet option for 7 of us felt a little bit more like it was really meant for 6... Service was ok, but not exceptional. Will visit again though.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went to the Royal Thai in Aberdeen for the first time on 28th April for my Birthday dinner. It was excellent. So much variety and every one so tasty. Certainly will go back.