“Beautiful Food!”

Price range: US$9 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Delicious tapas in a friendly laid back atmosphere. BYOB restaurant. £3 corkage per head. No spirits allowed.
Reviewed 7 October 2013

You should expect 5* service/surroundings, however you will be given 5* food. The selection of tapas they offer are amazing and the menu is growing each time I visit.

We shared a number of dishes which were all amazing and we couldn't fault at all. We had a slight issue with a missing dish, but this was quickly rectified.

You must visit!

There are newer reviews for Josephine's

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Went last night with Patch, brought a bottle of wine from the sainsbury on Union St, busy but they had a table. Not at all fancy, but the service was good and the guy friendly, despite being really busy. We had four or five tapas, couple of garlic bread portions, some veal thing, all tasty and hot. nice presentation.
Definitely go back again. Love to hear the owner talking about us!!! What's that review about - hysterical! Didn't get to see the toilets, so can't confirm their condition. I do think it is worth trying this place. It is not posh, and might not suit the impatient. £44 for the two of us, and we didn't finish all the dishes.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This will be the third or fourth time I have eaten here. Rang the restaurant about midday to get a booking for me and my friend. No answer so left a voicemail. Within 15 mins I had a text confirming my booking. Ace!

I have eaten here before and the food again lived up to my expectations, my friend and I had a couple of tapas dishes such as potato bravas, chorizo, prawns in chilli oil etc etc.. good portion sizes and DELICIOUS! All washed down with a bottle of our own wine (pity it's not licened)

Unfortunately we waited nearly an hour to have our order taken and when we asked if we could see the board with the specials (which is brought around from table to table) the owner said you know where it is go and see it yourself! Pretty rude chap! The waitress however was lovely.

The place itself is nothing fancy, it looks nothing from outside, it can be a bit noisy... but the food will always take me back! Only place in town that serves authentic tapas..

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We went here to meet with a support group. The major down side to this place and for us this makes the place a NO GO, is a lack of parking. Major hassle for those who cannot really walk.
Food - Jolly fine real food. But nothing I couldn't do better myself if I wanted to. And having tried one of their dishes, I've repeated it myself at home to prove my point
Toilets - Terrible, didn't flush and dirty, this together with no practicle disabled access is why we've given a POOR rating.
Atmosphere - Fun, fun, fun. However, it's a young place and if we'd been half out age we'd have enjoyed ourselves more. It does have a 'run down' kind of feel, much like many Spanish family restaurants at this time of austerity
So, providing you don't need to take a pee or use a wheelchair and can bring your own drink, its worth going to, but it is very, very NOISY!

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

It looks kind of like a greasy spoon from outside, but is like a Spanish restaurant inside. There's football memorabilia on the walls and its roomy enough to have space for everyone and spacious enough so you don't feel cramped or eavesdrop on other diners. There's a pleasant hubbub of music and conversation.
The staff were quick and attentive. The food came quickly and was cleared without fuss or intruding on us. There was no rush to get us out.
We had tapas which was excellent. There was a large variety of dishes and flavours to suit any palette. The spicy dishes ranged from tangy to hot without being too hot. There were meat, chicken, vegetable and fish dishes so you could visit a few times to try everything. The main menu had a wide range of pizzas that are a little different from the standard ones you get everywhere without being wilfully weird.
This is a BYOB restaurant and the corkage isn't expensive.
It was a really pleasant experience and I'd be happy to recommend it and go back.

1  Thank headbeeguy