“Tempting Tapas”

Ranked #341 of 670 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Delicious tapas in a friendly laid back atmosphere. BYOB restaurant. £3 corkage per head. No spirits allowed.
“Tempting Tapas”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Delicious authentic tapas. Great value for money and good selection. Was difficult to choose as all were appetising but what we did choose was piping hot & very tasty. Definitely worth a visit!

“Just lovely”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived for a quick dinner early on a Friday night.nothing was to much trouble.we we're the only ones there for a start but didn't feel uneasy.we had both prawn dishes they were lovely and very different.also had a potato dish a rice dish and a sausage dish.not sure which one was my favourite as they were all lovely.The place was nearly full by the time we left and we were sad that we had to leave so early.we will be back.

Visited July 2014
aberdeen
“Cannot fault”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Delicious authentic tapas. Great value for money and good selection of tapas on the menu! Definitely worth a visit!

1 Thank sunseeker0223
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice food, terrible service”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I really enjoyed the food here. We had 2 simple pizzas and they were really excellent. However the service just made me angry. We were one of two tables in the place and had to constantly go up to the desk to ask about drinks, cutlery etc. Even with that the waitress was unapolagetic and seemed a bit pissed off that I had come over to ask her for something. I work as a waiter myself and if I worked with the same attitude and lack of attention that she showed then I would be out of a job in a day. I really enjoyed the food and the chef seemed nice but if that level of service is acceptable then I'm afraid it doesn't say much about their standards as a restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank RonMoofie
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place - perfect for a group of friends”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The place is always very busy so having booked over a month ago for a table of fourteen 26-30year olds I was skeptical having read the recent reviews below. I found them quite unfounded.

I received a text in the morning asking me to confirm numbers (i was going to phone at 1630 when the place opened) - not a problem.
When some of our party arrived early for our table at 8pm they were told that the table wasn't ready yet and to head next door to the pub and they would get a call when it was. This suited as perfectly (being young and up-to-date with technology) and by 5 past 8 we were sitting waiting for our order to be taken.

Since many of us hadn't been before we were advised to try the tapas to share. About 6-7 minutes later the first dishes started to arrive and we probably tried 9 or ten things altogether - each of them very tasty. We were given a choice of more of the same or to order pizzas. We decided to have one pizza between two people as we were already pretty full from the tapas.

When it came to 10:45 the owner announced that the place was closing at 11 and could we please make sure we were ready to leave my then. All the tables had finished eating long ago and were really just making use of the BYOB facilities so we didn't see a problem with this. Nobody was rude to us.

We bill came in at £23 per head (which included £3 corkage) and we were happy with the value/price of the food. Water was provided free without a problem when we asked.

Overall we found the tapas to be fantastic. Good value and much better than the 'chain'-restaurant tapas that you can get further down Union Street. The pizza's probably needed a bit of salt added to the dough recipe, but the toppings added good flavour.

I would definitely recommend Josephine's as a great place to share some tasty food and soom good laughs with friends. It is not the sort of restaurant for a meal for two (or even four?) or if you are older and afraid of some mild roudiness.