“Great for a meal out, or an extravagant takeaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yorokobi by CJ

Yorokobi by CJ
Ranked #39 of 660 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Korean
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Having a reputation for its scrumptious food. All of us at Yorokobi by CJ Restaurant employ a motto saying: "care for guests with warm hospitality", and we commit ourselves to ever enhancing our expertise and service, and providing authentic Japanese & Korean cuisine.Our chefs personally chooses the ingredients, disregarding anything less than the best so that they can produce our delicious dishes and the restaurant is one of just a few in Scotland which serve such premium quality Japanese & Korean food. We also have an excellent selection of fine sakes and wines.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great for a meal out, or an extravagant takeaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I've eaten here twice - once with my boyfriend, the other with a group of friends - and both times the meals were excellent, and the service was good. Not overly expensive, and a great selection of sushi and hot dishes.

You can also phone and place an order to pick up, which I've done more times than I care to admit to, as I am addicted to avocado maki, and it's convenient to pick up a couple of portions on my way home.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Raquelle P

• Greek first
“First Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

First visit on a busy Saturday evening every seat was taken in the resturant so book ahead
Ordered a combination of set menus for the table to get a choice of differing foods
Excellent selection of hot and cold choices
Although our party determined that they did not like Sushi, they tried it and enjoyed the varation in offerings. The Hot food comments varied from simply sublime to a bit on the hot sude but very tasty - The volume was high, so much so that we couldnt complete many of the main cources
Unlike many resturants of this type the sweets on offer were also excellent (after we wanted to wait 15 minutes)
This will be the first visit of many visits

cleveland, uk
“SLIGHTLY CONFUSED”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Visited this restaurant very recently on a Monday evening at approx 6.25 p.m. The restaurant was very quiet with only 3 tables occupied. We were eating mainly from the main menu, but as the 'early bird menu' was still available until 7 p.m., we requested two items from 'early bird menu'. My husband had eaten lunch and was therefore not too hungry. Our orginal waitress seemed very happy with this request, however, another waitress then started to take our order. She stated that we could not eat from the 'early bird menu' as we would need to vacate by 7 p.m. I pointed out that we would also be eating from the regular menu, but the waitress then stated that anything that we had ordered from the 'early bird menu', would have to be charged at a higher rate, if we had not vacated the table by 7 p.m. Perhaps I could have accepted this attitude had our visit been at a busy time at the weekend, but with the restaurant virtually empty, it was difficult to understand. At this point, my husband stated that we should leave, as he knew there was a very nice Italian restaurant just across the road. Unfortunately, we had just ordered a bottle of wine, which had been opened, therefore it did not seem wise to leave. Between approx 7.20 p.m. and 7.50 p.m., we were the only customers in the restaurant. By the time, we left the restaurant, there were only 3 tables occupied and it looked unlikely that the restaurant would become busy later in the evening. In the circumstances, I would have thought it prudent to be more accommodating towards customers.
After a dubious start, I have to say that the food was very enjoyable. We had a starter and two main courses, all of which were good, but no wow factor. We would have much preferred to have tried many of the smaller dishes, but we did not know what to order. I ordered 'mozzi' for dessert because I wanted to try something authentic. The portion was minute and completely tasteless for my palate. I am sure we could have had a far better experience had we known exactly what to order. Please be warned: anyone eating from the 'early bird menu', arrive early and then 'get your skates on', or your will be very uncomfortable.

Visited March 2014
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice and both times have had a fantastic meal. Service is brilliant & I can't wait for my next meal here :)

2 Thank Loulouaberdeen
Oslo
“Good Korean food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Had the Dol-Sot Bibimbab pot, really good, definitely worth trying. Pretty cheap as well and nice waitresses. Sushi was good, not great but good. Would recommend going for the Korean food.