“Stay number 11 here, they must be doing something right !”

Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen
Ranked #24 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Edinburgh
“Stay number 11 here, they must be doing something right !”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I thought it was time I did another review of this hotel seeing as it is now my second home every time I visit Aberdeen. The more I stay at this hotel, the more I like it, as I have said before everything just seems to work for me here.

I've tried many other hotels in Aberdeen but this is the one I now keep coming back to.

From the moment you arrive the fast friendly check in sets the scene for your stay. As you enter your room with it's quirky open hanging wardrobe & orange wall paint you might think oh this is a bit garish but after a while even this grows on you & it just works.

Efficiency is what I like about this hotel everything I need seems to be available here, free wi-fi, tea & coffee making facilities, modern TV, great en-suites with nice powerful showers, plenty of towels, large comfortable beds with an abundance of pillows & especially the friendly & helpful staff.

The food here is great, breakfast is the usual buffet style with a huge selection of cooked breakfast items and/or continental style if you prefer. It's always well stocked with no delays or queues just efficient & delicious.

The staff here are very friendly & nothing is a trouble for them, in the evening the restaurant is fantastic & Patrycja the Polish supervisor there deserves a special mention, She always greets you with a friendly smile and makes sure you are looked after when dining there, The food is superb, I have never had a bad meal there yet. There is a good selection of food to satisfy all tastes & at reasonable prices, I would definitely recommend dining here.

Well done Radisson, you're setting the standard for others to aspire to in Aberdeen, I'm already looking forward to visit number twelve !

1 Thank EdinburghBiker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located, near Union Street, restaurants and bars within walking distance.
Rooms are modern and very clean. On the downside: showers only, no bath. And no mini bar. But bar downstairs stays open all night and the breakfast spread is a treat with eggs made to order, black pudding, cold meats, sausages, red berry compote, yogurt, and all kinds of breads and pastries. Really nice! Expensive during business conventions.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank FlorenceK4
Cambuslang, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed at the park inn with my aunt and uncle who were visiting from Canada. You,couldn't pick a better location. A short walk away from union street in a quiet street. I had a great room on the sixth floor with a good view. A personal welcome message and a wee box of Scottish tablet was a nice touch. Wonderful comfortable bed ensured a great nights sleep. I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ERSmithy
Newcastle, UK
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel offers excellent service; spacious, contemporary rooms; excellent breakfast; great bar area, dining room and sitting area. The staff were focussed and courteous at all times. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
pontypool
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Hotel well located, friendly staff, clean modern room. Breakfast is a good buffet style with polite staff, busy times highlighted so you can avoid if necessary. Expect Aberdeen high prices.
Location is excellent as it is only one block behind main street which is Union Street where you will find as many different types of restaurants as any one would want.

1 Thank poolaboy
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Park Inn is conveniently located, just behind Union Street. I was on the first floor and did get a bit of street noise. The hotel offered Wi-Fi but it was difficult to connect and pretty slow. I ate in the restaurant on one evening as I was too tired to go out and was pleasantly surprised. Nice appetizers. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I would request moving off 1st floor to have a quiet evening.
Highlands, Scotland
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I actually loved the Hotel itself, it was clean, modern and inviting. Our room was fairly large, and well kept, and my partner had the best sleep in a long time. We never had any noise problems at all as mentioned by other guests, it was a peaceful night. Breakfast is always my favorite part of a hotel stay, I actually get a little excited about it (being an ex chef). I don't get picky or judge a breakfast unless something stands out as bad, after all I am there to enjoy it.
But I have to say, of the 1000 or more hotel stays I have had in my life, the breakfast had to be the worst ever encountered by me. It was supposed to be a full Scottish breakfast buffet, which it surely wasn't. No Haggis at all, porridge and kippers had to be made to order, the potato scones were soggy and rubbery at the same time, as they were sitting covered in a dome, getting steamed by their own heat. The sausage had me astounded, the link sausage was of very poor quality, no flavout ar all, and so dry the dryness went all the way to the core and was like chewing undercooked stewing steak. The grilled tomato was nothing like it should be, it had been merely kept warm, so was still solid with no colour at all. The bread rolls, of which I had two different ones, were definitely left from last nights dinner service, and you would never convince me otherwise, they were so chewy and rubbery I simply couldn't chew them at all. Bacon was of the cheaper cuts, very fatty, and basically steamed to death after grilling by piling it up high. The mushrooms were the only bit they got right.
The orange juice was not what it seemed either, it was so watery it barely had flavour, and the coffee was so strong it was actually making me heave, truly ridiculous.
Now much of this I would expect if we had been last down for breakfast, but 8.25 is pretty early in my book, early enough to get last nights leftover rolls.
To sum the breakfast up.... it was cooked by someone with no experience or simply has no pride in their work, and is overseen by a restaurant Manager who has no eye for detail.
management of this group need to seriously look at this Hotel, the food is letting you down badly.
We won't be staying again.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor away from the noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lornasman
Iain W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

I want to sincerely apologise for the shortfalls you experienced during your recent stay with us and am deeply disappointed to read that your breakfast experience with us was such a poor one.

There is no excuse to deliver such standard you described and we will do everything we can to rectify the issues named in your review.

I want to thank you for your honest words as they most definitely point out where we need to improve our service levels. After having read your review, we have been monitoring our breakfast standards and training back and front of house closely and I am positive that changes can be seen.

I do hope that your recent experience does not deter you from choosing to stay with us again in the future.
Should your travel bring you back to the Aberdeen area, please contact me at any time.

Sincerely