“Great value stay!”

Ranked #24 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great value stay!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We booked this about a week before we went and got two nights b&b for £80.

The hotel was just off Union street and about 10 mins walk from the bus and rail stations.

Check-in was easy, staff were pleasant. Room was basic but nice. I was a bit disappointed the hotel description says baths though and there was on,y a shower.

Breakfast was very good - almost anything you could want, although the hot food was not piping hot.

Overall we would definitely return - good price, good location, good breakfast and good service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Iain W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your visit to the hotel in January.
I was very happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Relatively new hotel. Still in excellent condition. We stayed in room 227 quiet room on 2nd floor. We stayed B&B for 2 nights. Breakfast was self service. Cooked Scottish or Buffet Continental. The staff were all well presented and friendly. The hotel is ideally situated for clubbing and/or shopping. Beautiful bar/lobby too and you don't really have to leave hotel in evening. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: ROOM 227 - Huge Bed. Walk in shower. Overlooking the "outside garden" in reception.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your commenst about your visit to the hotel in January.
I was very happy to read your positive comments about the hotel in general.
We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.
Wales
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This hotel is still quite new and so is very clean, tidy and fresh feeling. The service throughout was friendly and genuine. The room was a good size, again very clean as was the bathroom - also with a good shower.

There is a nice gym on the first floor which is pretty well equiped with cardio vascular equipment and I went in between 7 and 8 in the morning and had no trouble using the equipment I wanted. You need to get your keycard authorised for this, so I would suggest doing that on check-in as it was a minor inconvenience for me to do that in the morning - a small thing and something I could ahve avoided.

The location is good - just off Union Street and not too far from the train station and main shopping centres and offices.

One odd thing I found is that in a bid to be environmentally friendly, the corridor lights are on a sewnsor so I emerged from my room into complete darkness for a few seconds - likewise when getting out of the lift. I didn't scream or cry in terror, but it was a bit disconcerting at first.

I would definately stay here again as it's a nice, clean and comfortable hotel with good facilities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I was very happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay. I have noted your comment regarding the corridor lighting and can understand when you experience this for the first time. We are very aware of our environmental responsibilities and try hard to ensure we operate as responsibly as possible hence the sensor capability. Thankfully this did not spoil your overall enjoyment.
Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Spent 2 nights in this hotel, we had a problem with the heating in our room it would not get warm , but we were quickly moved to another room , the rooms are beautiful the beds were one of the most comfortable beds ive ever slept in ,the hotel is imaculatly clean the staff are very friendly and helpful ,always had a smile and a hello for us , the breafast was very very good ,i would definatly stay in this hotel again on my next visit to aberdeen and i have stayed in a few hotels in aberdeen city centre so feel i can comment fairly ..no complaints from us only praise would recomend to anyone *****

Room Tip: I found rooms very quiet never heard any noise from other rooms or outside and i did stay on a weeke...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
I was very happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to being of service to you again in the future.
ABOYNE
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed here one Sunday night, got the weekend B & B saver for under £60, you cant fault the place, rooms are brilliant and the choice of breakfast was something else, you name it and it was there (apart from butteries), you could eat as much as you wanted. The staff were very polite and helpful. I would go back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding you stay back in December.
I was very happy to read your comments about the hotel in general and look forward to being of service to you again in the future.
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I got this place because it was a great price and I've stayed in a Park Inn before (it wasn't amazing) but this completely changed my opinion of the brand!

The hotel was gorgeous from the outside and in reception and bar areas. Room had great amenities and very comfy bed.

The breakfast was of a good standard but the staff are what make this place, there was a lady on reception and I apologise now for forgetting her name but it was something like "Adina"? She was great, nothing was too much and helped us with a late checkout as our ferry wasn't until much later in the day!

We'll be back next time we visit family and are stopping over in Aberdeen!

Stayed December 2013
Iain W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your very positive comments about your visit to the hotel in December. I was very happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, particularly regarding the friendliness of our staff. I note that you mention Adina on reception specifically and will certainly pass on your comments to her.
We look forwrad to being of service to you again in the future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The first thing you notice is there is no parking. There is a car park next door, but there are no deals with the Hotel. This will add at least ten pounds to your stay.

Next you climb the outside stairs and then entrance is a disgrace. The bins are over filled and there is rubbish on the floor. You have to pass the smokers to get in.

Once in, everything is great, friendly staff, clean and well presented rooms. I had trouble with the pillows they use, but maybe that is only me ?

I have had breakfast there twice and both times, I do not rate it. The rolls were stale, tea Luke warm , food poorly cooked and when I found shell in my egg, that was it for me!

Room Tip: This would not be my first choice for my particular needs. I think you need to decide what your need...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family