“A decent day all round.”

Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen
Ranked #21 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was invited here for the night for an interview process, which included a 3 course meal the night before, 1 nights stay and breakfast. Can't comment on price but compared to others it is probably worth a few quid extra (currently sitting in a Premier Inn which was £139 for the night).

Meal was set menu but was very nice. No complaints about quality or service at all.

Room was nice and spacious, and would probably suit a couple stay as well as business. Location was great for city centre (a little noise from that, but to be expected and didn't last long).

I enjoy being cool so this isn't a complaint as such, but the rooms were pretty cold. That was with the thermostat set at 24 degrees (I'm sure I have read similar complaints below).

Breakfast was nice. Good variety of cereal, fruit, continental, full english etc. I'm sure I have seen better coffee facilities at holiday inns though?

Meeting rooms were decent, ideal place for companies carrying out multiple activities at once.

My only real complaint is parking. Situated next door to decent car park. Price is a bit steep. £12 for 24 hours. Would be great if the hotel could strike up some sort of deal on that. I'm currently parked in an area just as desirable in Aberdeen for £5 for 24 hours. Perhaps that is my small town mind thinking.

All in all, good experience and would return for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Iain W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
I was happy to read that, generally, you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. I have noted your comment regarding coffee at breakfast and will certainly discuss with operations. Likewise I was disappointed to read your comment about cold room. I would have expected that we could have rectified this satisfactorily at the time if we were aware of the issue.
With regard to car parking, unfortunately this is something that is outwith our control. We have tried, unsuccesfully, to negotiate arrangements for our guests. As with most city centres this remains a challenge, one which we continually strive to find a resolution.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We hosted a meeting for 2 days in this hotel. The hotel is very nice but the meeting room was very congested for 12 participants. The staff was very helpful and courteous, specially the team at lunch. I have dietary restrictions, they made a special sandwich for me upon request.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
I was very happy to read that in general your comments were positive, although disappointed that you found our meeting room conditions somewhat congested. Should we be able to be of service to you again in future I would hope that we will be able to accommodate you in a more suitable meeting room as we have eight from which to choose, depending on availability.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Well we stayed here on the recommendation of friends so did not even bother to read any of the reviews which on reading just now we're glad we didn't before we went otherwise it would have been off putting, especially since this was our first visit. The first impressions of the hotel are great as you go through the doors there is a lovely reception come sitting area. The hotel reception was excellent and felt very welcoming so top marks to the lovely staff! Our room looked onto an old nightclub which is being refurbished so was very quiet. The room if somewhat dark was very comfy and clean the best part being the lovely walk-in shower ! The hotel is situated conveniently central for a number of pubs and eating places just a short distance away. Negative points we're afraid is the breakfast - very cold tasteless food although there is various choice which is good but who wants to sit down to bland food?? It's a nice sitting area but feel the hotel should step up to the mark with regards to the food. Overall apart from this disappointing aspect we would stay again for sure - only booking room only !!

Room Tip: Not so much a tip on rooms - rather book room only - do not waste your time on breakfast I'm afr...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
I was very happy that you enjoyed your visit, although most concerned to read your concerns about our food quality, particularly regarding breakfast.
We do receive regular positive comments, in-house, about breakfast so please accept my apologies if you have not experienced the standard that I would normally expect of our food and beverage department. I do hope that when you return to the hotel in the future that you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with our normal high standard of food.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is one of the worst experiences of a hotel I have ever had.

Whilst a very pleasant lady checked me into to my room, the rest of the visit was awful. I decided to upgrade to a business class room for what I thought was an expensive £50. Do yourself a favour - don't bother. The room is exactly the same. All you get is movies and a dressing gown!

My room was freezing and the heating didn't work. I rang reception who said someone would be up. 15 mins later...... nothing. I rang again and was told an engineer was coming up. Then the duty manager rang and said the hotel was experiencing heating problems and would try and sort it. Another call down and the DM came to see me and agreed the room was cold. I had been telling them that for 30 minutes!!! I was told to go and get another key and was downgraded to a standard room (not that it mattered!). I went to the new room which was slightly warmer but still cold. The Duty Manager said it takes half an hour to warm up. By the time I went to bed, the heating had been on full blast for 3 hours and the room was still cold.

In my room, the curtains were falling off the rail. The water went from hot to cold so showering was not pleasant.

I ordered room service and the cheese and onion sandwich was utterly tasteless and looked like mush.

I was kept awake all night by banging doors.

The TV in my room didn't work.

All this for the bargain rate of £160 a night. Complete rip off for such poor standards.

This is little more than a 2 star hotel at best. I will never go there again

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! Don't upgrade to the business class room - it's a waste of money.
1  Thank SimonOF
Iain W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent visit to the hotel.
Clearly I was very concerned to read your comments as they do not represent the standards of which I would expect of the hotel.
I have discussed this in some detail with our operations team and it is clear that we have fallen short of our normal high standards in some areas for which I apologise.
Whilst I do appreciate that you have indicated that you have no desire to stay at this hotel again, I would appreciate the opportunity to correspond with you directly in order that we may further resolve this matter. Should you be willing to do this can I please ask you to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

First time at this hotel. Good location downtown Aberdeen. Good standard room with good fast internet. Free. Room is a little worn, hence some update should come, but clean og fin bath. So, in general a competitive hotel, good and efficient.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your visit to the hotel for the first time.
I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to the opportunity to be of service again in the future.
I have noted your comment regarding room condition and confirm that we will be undergoing a full bedroom redecoration programme over the course of the next three months.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I got an amazing deal on Groupon and booked 2 nights bed and breakfast in this hotel between Christmas and New Year. It is a 5 minute walk from George Street so it is very central. The hotel is very modern and rooms are of a very high standard. The room was very quiet and comfortable.
The Radisson offers the best breakfast of any hotel chain in my opinion and gives you a great start to the day. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the hotel.
I was very happy to read your positive comments about your stay and look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Fantastic location, excellent rooms, decent breakfast and overall a good experience with reference to the stay in the hotel. However, we had a conference in one of the rooms in the hotel and the setup in the room was quite a disappointment...with reference to the projectors, microphone set-up, etc. We found that the lunch was not sufficient for all participants. So it obviously wasn't the perfect setup for conferences...but very good for just a stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to our hotel in June of last year.
I was happy to read your comments about your stay with us, particularly in relation to the hotel aspect of your stay.
However, I was concerned to read your thoughts on our meeting facilities. We have done considerable refurbishment work on our meeting rooms over the last two months which will be completed by the end of February. I would hope therefore that should you choose to use our facilities again in the future you would find a better experience.