“Always book here when in Aberdeen”

Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen
Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed here for one night at the weekend. At check in we got a nice welcome from the receptionist, who was very friendly. Room was comfortable, clean and the beds large and comfortable with good quality bed linen. Breakfast was excellent with a good choice of hot and cold dishes. Plenty of breads, yogurts fruits ,tea and coffee. Its all buffet, including the tea and coffee. Hot dishes were fresh and well presented and the staff were always filling up the hot plates as soon as they were empty. We have stayed here on numerous occasions as we are in Aberdeen quite often visiting our daughter. We have never been disappointed with this hotel. The bar is also very comfortable and the bar staff are all very helpful and willing to please. You really can't go wrong staying here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Iain W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your very positive comments about the hotel.
I was really happy to read how much you have enjoyed staying with us previously and on this most recent occasion.
We look forward to being of further service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Spent a night here recently, not the first and it won't be the last. This hotel offers it all:convenient city centre location, friendly and efficient staff, really comfortable beds, and a fantastic breakfast buffet. Can recommend the porridge! Love the refurbished bar area and welcoming reception. What more could you want? Well maybe slightly better water pressure - not sure if the fact that we were on the fourth floor had anything to do with it! A deal with the neighbouring car park would help! All in all, five stars from me!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your most recent visit to the hotel.
Great to read how much you enjoyed it, although concerned about the water pressure comment. It's not normally an issue for us but will speak to the maintenance team to check.
I also wish we could "do a deal" with the adjacent car park, and have tried on numerous occasions, unfortunately without success. Will keep trying.
Look forward to being of service to you on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Two of us stayed here on Saturday night. Lovely room, comfy bed, clean and spacious shower room. Good view from room too.
Came back from a night out and sat in the very pleasant bar area. My only negative was Roberto the barman was extremely slow at serving.
After a good nights sleep we enjoyed breakfast, a good choice of hot cooked and continental food. Staff were helpful and friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
I was very happy to read how much you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel, particularly in relation to the friendliness of our staff, which is so important to us.
I have noted your comment about Roberto. Sorry if he was a bit slow, but he is only now into his third week and is still training. However, someone else should have been supporting him so I will discuss with our operations team.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Very helpful staff they couldnt do enough for you..feels like a 4 star hotel at least.. really enjoyed my stay here and have come back again and again. A staff member I think it was Oliver was particularly friendly helpful and knowledgeable to my friends and I.i loved the radisson just fabulous!!

• Stayed: January 2014
Iain W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your very positive comments about the hotel and for your regular custom. I was very happy to read how much you have enjoyed your visits to the hotel including last month's. I will pass your comments on, particularly to Oliver whom you specifically mention.
We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was invited here for the night for an interview process, which included a 3 course meal the night before, 1 nights stay and breakfast. Can't comment on price but compared to others it is probably worth a few quid extra (currently sitting in a Premier Inn which was £139 for the night).

Meal was set menu but was very nice. No complaints about quality or service at all.

Room was nice and spacious, and would probably suit a couple stay as well as business. Location was great for city centre (a little noise from that, but to be expected and didn't last long).

I enjoy being cool so this isn't a complaint as such, but the rooms were pretty cold. That was with the thermostat set at 24 degrees (I'm sure I have read similar complaints below).

Breakfast was nice. Good variety of cereal, fruit, continental, full english etc. I'm sure I have seen better coffee facilities at holiday inns though?

Meeting rooms were decent, ideal place for companies carrying out multiple activities at once.

My only real complaint is parking. Situated next door to decent car park. Price is a bit steep. £12 for 24 hours. Would be great if the hotel could strike up some sort of deal on that. I'm currently parked in an area just as desirable in Aberdeen for £5 for 24 hours. Perhaps that is my small town mind thinking.

All in all, good experience and would return for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
I was happy to read that, generally, you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. I have noted your comment regarding coffee at breakfast and will certainly discuss with operations. Likewise I was disappointed to read your comment about cold room. I would have expected that we could have rectified this satisfactorily at the time if we were aware of the issue.
With regard to car parking, unfortunately this is something that is outwith our control. We have tried, unsuccesfully, to negotiate arrangements for our guests. As with most city centres this remains a challenge, one which we continually strive to find a resolution.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We hosted a meeting for 2 days in this hotel. The hotel is very nice but the meeting room was very congested for 12 participants. The staff was very helpful and courteous, specially the team at lunch. I have dietary restrictions, they made a special sandwich for me upon request.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
I was very happy to read that in general your comments were positive, although disappointed that you found our meeting room conditions somewhat congested. Should we be able to be of service to you again in future I would hope that we will be able to accommodate you in a more suitable meeting room as we have eight from which to choose, depending on availability.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Well we stayed here on the recommendation of friends so did not even bother to read any of the reviews which on reading just now we're glad we didn't before we went otherwise it would have been off putting, especially since this was our first visit. The first impressions of the hotel are great as you go through the doors there is a lovely reception come sitting area. The hotel reception was excellent and felt very welcoming so top marks to the lovely staff! Our room looked onto an old nightclub which is being refurbished so was very quiet. The room if somewhat dark was very comfy and clean the best part being the lovely walk-in shower ! The hotel is situated conveniently central for a number of pubs and eating places just a short distance away. Negative points we're afraid is the breakfast - very cold tasteless food although there is various choice which is good but who wants to sit down to bland food?? It's a nice sitting area but feel the hotel should step up to the mark with regards to the food. Overall apart from this disappointing aspect we would stay again for sure - only booking room only !!

Room Tip: Not so much a tip on rooms - rather book room only - do not waste your time on breakfast I'm afr...