“Ok - business hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen
Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The Hotel is new and modern.
There is parking under the hotel it is public and it is 1st come 1st served.
the checkin was ok front desk staff not overly friendly.
Room was small.
the Gym on the other hand is great huge room and great selection of new machines.
Breakfast had a good selections and open at 06:30 hours.
Check out was good speedy and professional.

1  Thank IMtraveller12
Iain W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the hotel. I was happy that, in general, you enjoyed your visit although disappointed to note your comments regarding the front desk staff. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to be of serviec to you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The rooms are clean and comfortable, but it is expensive. The service from the staff was poor, examples were that when I asked the front desk to find out why the hotel had mistaking cancelled my reservation (twice), they did not. I had to speak to 4 different people before I got an answer. When asking for an iron, I was told it would be sent straight up, but they forgot and I had to remind them 2 hours later. When I had a package sent to the hotel, they repeatedly told me that they had not received anything multiple times, despite it was sitting on their shelf in the store room the whole time - no one could actually be bothered to walk the 5 metres to check! I would only stay here if you really have to. Unfortunately Aberdeen is sometimes so busy you don't have a lot of choice.

1  Thank dbh65

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your visits to the hotel. I was most concerned to read about the issues that you experienced and as you have contacted me directly I will be addressing these directly with you.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Initially I was dubious due to location.
The main receptionist was not the best. Looked at the top of her head for a good two minutes before she acknowledged I was there.
Thankfully the rest of the staff made up for this. Very friendly. Accommodating. Chatty. Full if suggestions.
Food was excellent. Hotel was clean. Had a lovely feel about the place. With a lovely centre out door garden area.
Will be back. Hopefully a different receptionist next time tho.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Sammyjoe77

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the hotel. I was happy to read that, in general, you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. However, I was concerned to read your comments about the receptionist and will certainly address this. I am happy to note that you will return to the hotel again and look forward to being of service to you.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I normally stay at the Holiday Inn Express but gave it a try on this occasion.

First of all, I was not entirely sure if my Concierge status was recognised. This was probably due to an early checkin, but I do not think my room was upgraded. In addition, I was a solo traveller, my room was a twin single room...

The Concierge status gave you complimentary continental breakfast, however, most hotels allow such members to have full breakfast. However, this particular hotel strictly gives you continental breakfast only, which is not particularly worth. Moreover, this benefit was initially not recognised on checkin.

Room cleanness was questionable. Some croissant flakes were left on the desk. I also found the back of bathmat mat horribly mouldy, I could not touch it. I had never seen such a dirty bathmat before.

Considering higher rates, I will switch back to the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the hotel. I was most concerned to read your comments as you clearly have not enjoyed the usual standards that I would expect of this hotel. I have noted all of your comments, particularly in relation to the operational issues that you experienced and will be addressing these internally.
As far as your concierge status is concerned, if you had noted this at time of booking then it certainly should have been recognised at the hotel. Please accept my apologies if this was not the case. As you quite correctly point out we do only offer complimentary continental breakfast as specified by Club Carlson.
Whilst I understand your concerns from this visit, as a concierge member I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future in order that we can redress your thoughts on the hotel.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is a very good 3* hotel in the middle of Aberdeen, just off Union Street. It's clean and comfortable with everything that you need for a short stay. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The retaurant does a very good buffet style breakfast and I had several room service meals which were also very good.
There's a car park adjacent which is handy if a bit pricey, £10 per night parking.
I booked in at the start of January for an initial 2 weeks and liked it so much that I rebooked it for a further 7 weeks.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Vince_A_UTB

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your visit to the hotel in January, and also beyond. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much that have re-booked to stay for another 7 weeks. I do hope that you continue to enjoy future stays at the hotel.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Well located hotel with nice modern decor, very pleasant rooms, great bathrooms with walk-in showers, king size beds with crisp white linen.

Nice bar, restaurant and breakfast.

Two negatives were the price (nearly £250 midweek) and the nailed-down shower gel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent visit to the hotel. I was happy to read that, in general, you enjoyed your stay albeit with some reservations. The rates that we offer midweek are commensurate with the market that exists in Aberdeen and we feel that we do price competitively in that market. I have also noted your comments with regard to the bathroom shower dispenser. I do hope that we have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed here again on business, unfortunately. I certainly wouldn't pay my own money to stay here. The rooms are terrible. My first room had a very dirty carpet and a bad smell coming from drains. I was refused another room (I wanted a bath) saying there wasnt any available so I upgraded to a suite. What a mistake. I am shocked what this Hotel charges for the service and quality of rooms they offer. There was no hot water so having a bath was a waste of time. The reason given - that is as hot as it gets so you don't scald yourself????? Luke warm is the best I would describe it as. The standard of the room was poor and cheap. Furniture not matching, lumpy pillows, curtains hanging off runners, no tea available, no slippers (as there was in 1st room), dressing gowns dirty!! My recommendation is never stay here, at approx.£300 per night B&B it is a disgrace.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.