Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$124
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Aberdeen West(Westhill)(Great Value!)
US$82
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$82
PremierInn.com
US$53
Travelodge
All reviewsunion streetpubs and clubscar parkmill lanebusiness hotelcity centrenice hotelfried eggsper nightgood sizemember of stafftea and coffeestayed for one nightbuffet breakfastcomfortable staybusiness tripwetherspoons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is an ok hotel as a travelodge type of place for 80 a night however the cheapest room is normally 140ish up to 360 if they think they can get away with it. The management are the nastiest bit of fagan like operators going SAS treat their guests as staff as somebody to screw over I feel sorry for anyone that works for them, to sum up;
1. Beds aweful
2. Foo repetative bland and badly cooked
3. Breakfast nasty I dont even bother now
4. decor - travelodge on acid
5. Noisy no chance of sleeping unless you have taken copius drugs

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Iain W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Clearly from your comments you have not enjoyed your visit to the hotel which is most unfortunate.
With regards to our rates, they are fully determined on demand into the market and are commensurate with the local Aberdeen market.
As far as our staff are concerned I believe we have an excellent team working in the hotel, and indeed in our most recent company survey we scored very highly in our overall staff satisfaction scores. I can assure you that we neither try to "screw over" our staff or our guests.
In light of your additional comments, which appear somewhat generic, could I suggest that should you be visiting the hotel again in the future perhaps we could have some direct discussion in order that we could identify the specifics of your concerns and hopefully address them to ensure your future satisfaction. I would be more than happy to meet with you should that be the case.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The Hotel is new and modern.
There is parking under the hotel it is public and it is 1st come 1st served.
the checkin was ok front desk staff not overly friendly.
Room was small.
the Gym on the other hand is great huge room and great selection of new machines.
Breakfast had a good selections and open at 06:30 hours.
Check out was good speedy and professional.

1  Thank IMtraveller12
Iain W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the hotel. I was happy that, in general, you enjoyed your visit although disappointed to note your comments regarding the front desk staff. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to be of serviec to you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The rooms are clean and comfortable, but it is expensive. The service from the staff was poor, examples were that when I asked the front desk to find out why the hotel had mistaking cancelled my reservation (twice), they did not. I had to speak to 4 different people before I got an answer. When asking for an iron, I was told it would be sent straight up, but they forgot and I had to remind them 2 hours later. When I had a package sent to the hotel, they repeatedly told me that they had not received anything multiple times, despite it was sitting on their shelf in the store room the whole time - no one could actually be bothered to walk the 5 metres to check! I would only stay here if you really have to. Unfortunately Aberdeen is sometimes so busy you don't have a lot of choice.

1  Thank dbh65

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your visits to the hotel. I was most concerned to read about the issues that you experienced and as you have contacted me directly I will be addressing these directly with you.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Initially I was dubious due to location.
The main receptionist was not the best. Looked at the top of her head for a good two minutes before she acknowledged I was there.
Thankfully the rest of the staff made up for this. Very friendly. Accommodating. Chatty. Full if suggestions.
Food was excellent. Hotel was clean. Had a lovely feel about the place. With a lovely centre out door garden area.
Will be back. Hopefully a different receptionist next time tho.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Sammyjoe77

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the hotel. I was happy to read that, in general, you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. However, I was concerned to read your comments about the receptionist and will certainly address this. I am happy to note that you will return to the hotel again and look forward to being of service to you.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I normally stay at the Holiday Inn Express but gave it a try on this occasion.

First of all, I was not entirely sure if my Concierge status was recognised. This was probably due to an early checkin, but I do not think my room was upgraded. In addition, I was a solo traveller, my room was a twin single room...

The Concierge status gave you complimentary continental breakfast, however, most hotels allow such members to have full breakfast. However, this particular hotel strictly gives you continental breakfast only, which is not particularly worth. Moreover, this benefit was initially not recognised on checkin.

Room cleanness was questionable. Some croissant flakes were left on the desk. I also found the back of bathmat mat horribly mouldy, I could not touch it. I had never seen such a dirty bathmat before.

Considering higher rates, I will switch back to the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the hotel. I was most concerned to read your comments as you clearly have not enjoyed the usual standards that I would expect of this hotel. I have noted all of your comments, particularly in relation to the operational issues that you experienced and will be addressing these internally.
As far as your concierge status is concerned, if you had noted this at time of booking then it certainly should have been recognised at the hotel. Please accept my apologies if this was not the case. As you quite correctly point out we do only offer complimentary continental breakfast as specified by Club Carlson.
Whilst I understand your concerns from this visit, as a concierge member I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future in order that we can redress your thoughts on the hotel.