“Consistently Good”
Review of Mi Amore

Mi Amore
Ranked #7 of 704 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are located on Huntly Street in Aberdeen, we are within walking distance of Her Majesty Theatre and Aberdeen Music Hall. Therefore, we are offering Pre-theatre menu for £13.95 With the great choice of dishes for those who'd like to have a nice dinner before the performance.
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times and found it consistently above average. It's not a small intimate restaurant, but manages to treat its customers as if it was. The food is well presented and done with care.

If you are looking to be gastronomically challenged by cutting-edged Italian cuisine, look elsewhere.

If you want to enjoy good quality, basic/rustic Italian food, then this should be close to the top of your list.

2  Thank Mouse8459

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This place always delivers a lovely meal. The staff are friendly , the ambiance just right.
All customer needs catered for without the feeling that it's a bother to them ,prices excellent.
Amounts and choice on menu just right.thoroughly recommend it .

1  Thank K8fraser
Reviewed 2 July 2014

So why the 4 star review??

Overall it was a great restaurant with a lovely atmosphere. It has a kind of old world charm and I immediately felt welcome which is important as a solo diner (business traveller - not a loner!). The service was attentive and always with a smile. I started with the Bruschetta with red pesto which was a good sized portion for a starter. I would have preferred the mozzarella to have been melted a little bit more and the swirls of tomato and pesto sauce down the side of the plate was a little bit 1990's but it all tasted great

My main was lobster ravioli which was very reasonably priced at £9.50. The creamy tomato sauce was not too thick and the pasta was well cooked. One of the reasons for the 4 star review was the lack of lobster. I dissected a couple and find only a few small bits of lobster. The rest was a sweeter white meat which i suspected was crab but I'm no expert. Still tasted good. I also had a side salad of Insalate Caprese - tomatoes and mozzarella - which is my favourite Italian salad. The other reason for the 4 star review was that I prefer my tomatoes a little riper than they were. However I understand this is personal preference.

A jug of water (with ice), bread, and a very generous bowl of olives were placed on the table free of charge. At the end whilst I was waiting for the bill I was offered a free limoncello. All in all great food at a great price (£24 - including a beer). Recommended and so far the nicest Italian restaurant that i have visited in Aberdeen

3  Thank Ian P
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is an excellent restaurant without the so called "up market" style and prices. The owner and staff concentrate on the customer and the food and do a brilliant job on both. Without a doubt, iIt can't be beaten for Italian food in this city

1  Thank Minnx
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I travel a lot and have to say up front - this is one of the best restaurants I have been in for a very long while. It has everything; lovely atmosphere, excellent staff, simply gorgeous food and all at extremely reasonable prices.
I was in Aberdeen for 2 nights, hotel just up the road, and ate there on Monday at about 8 in the evening. The first thing I noticed was how well the restaurant was laid out with tables placed so as to ensure folk have privacy. Then the staff; attentive and polite at all times with a refreshing level of sincerity. And the food - top drawer, no doubt.
Last night worked really late and I came in about 10:30, only to be told politely that "sadly, the kitchen has closed." I was just about to leave when the owner, Mos, came over. Amazingly, he offered to cook my something himself ... ! And he did .... !!! A Linguini Gamberoni that was just superb. What a man!
Go and check this place out - it is without doubt, Aberdeen's best kept secret.

2  Thank BoccaJunior