“Nice Night Away”

Great Western Hotel Aberdeen
Ranked #24 of 103 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Stayed here on a sat night and had a great stay.Had a room with a balcony which was very nice to have glass wine and chill since it was a hot day outside.Room was on the small side but for £50.00 2people including breakfast was going to complain.Room very clean warm and inviting,plenty towels,tea,coffee ect.
Only downside is there help yourself cold breakfast but apart from that would I stay again........................ YES I would and will.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony room 212 or any other balcony room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Great Western Hotel Aberdeen

Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

Got a stay here on a groupon. Room was tiny with just enough room for two single beds.
Suspicious smell of damp from the hallways in the hotel itself.
Breakfast in the morning was ridiculous. Myself and my friend got ONE slice of toast each and tea. There crreal but no milk and no fruit. Yoghurts were also finished so we were starving by the time we left!! Would have been extremely angry if i hadn't got this room on a groupon.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I am a trainer in Customer services and travel all over the Uk in my job, staying away in hotels 2-3 nights per week. Although when the taxi dropped me off from the airport, my initial impression of the outside was dubious, from the moment I entered the welcome was warm and professional. The staff were chatty and helpful in reception and the lady at breakfast was most welcoming - a lot of hotel could learn from her!
The food is basic but there are takeaway restaurants nearby. I choose to eat and get on with emails at night. Would I recommend, YES and if staying locally again this would be where I would come.
Good comfortable bed, clean and value for money
Well done

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We have just returned from our stay at the Great Western Hotel. We are regulars at the restaurant and have been for a few years as we used to live locally. As a treat we decided to stay at the hotel.....at best the standard of accommodation is that of a budget hostel. Although the room was very clean it was tiny. We could feel every spring in the bed, there was one dining chair and a small shelf with a kettle on it. The door stop had broken off the wall and had just been left lying on the floor and when my husband went to hang our clothes in the wardrobe the whole rail fell down on him. When we went down for breakfast (only serve continental on the weekend) we were not greeted by anyone and we had to track someone down to get cups for coffee (this was the only drink on offer) we were not offered any tea or toast and although there were cereals on the counter there was on 1 bowl and no spoons. We had to ask for everything and we never actually got anything in the end so eventually decided to leave and go elsewhere for breakfast. Appalling service. Thankfully the whole purpose of our visit was to have a birthday meal with friends which was outstanding as always but the poor standard of the hotel left a bad taste. We will never stay here again nor would we recommend it. There are much better quality "budget" hotels in the city.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Excellent rate- and good value for money.

Staff very friendly, food was outstanding.

will return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My husband and I decided to stay overnight in Aberdeen via Groupon (£39 for B&B). The hotel room was spotless clean with modern decor, the bed clothes where immaculate and the bed itself was very comfortable. The room was smaller than what u would normally expect, but this did not bother me in the slightest. The room had an LCD TV which was all mounted, Tea and Coffe making facilties with biscuits. Breakfast was self service continental style, very limited choice, however, we had cereal followed by a couple rounds of toast with tea and coffee.The hotel does house a bar area from which you can order Lunch and Dinner, some off the choice looked very tempting had we not booked a table elsewhere. All in all the hotel was perfectly fine and would warrant another visit, if the offer came via Groupon again :P

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Got a rate of £34 for b & b (continental breakfast) for the night. I wasn't expecting much because of the price, but the room, while small, was spotless and the staff were very friendly. It was on the small side, but had a great panoramic window. There was a very popular restaurant in the hotel - Paula McEwen. I hadn't realised as we had just booked and headed up on a whim and we couldn't get a table as they were fully booked. I did notice that this restaurant and the bars were full of well-heeled locals, all very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple