“Slow service”

The Mains of Scotstown Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mains of Scotstown Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #278 of 696 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Occupying the converted granite stone farm steading in Bridge of Don in the city of Aberdeen, The Mains of Scotstown Inn oozes old farm house characted on the outside and contemporary looks on the inside. The spacious restaurant, with its impressive granite pillars and high ceiling and classic granite arches, makes it an excellent dining venue, with a touch of modern design giving a relaxed ambience and great cuisine in a landmark building at the heart of Bridge of Don.The Mains of Scotstown Inn has become very popular with locals and visitors alike with its popularity is confirmed by the many awards it holds. The Restaurant is well known around Aberdeen and has become a destination place for locals and businesses alike due to the high standard of homemade food served.
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Got the last space in the car park when we dropped in for an evening meal, although the restaurant didn't appear particularly crowded. Once seated with menus, we waited a while before anyone came back to take a drinks order and we ordered our meal at the same time.
Fortunately the drinks arrived before the food, as it took over forty minutes to be served our veggie burgers & chips!
The food was very tasty and the provenance of the food included on the menu, was something that other establishments would do well to adopt, but the overall experience only scrapes an average rating due to the slow service.

1  Thank MLW28

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I have been to the Mains of many occasions and not once have I had bad service.

The food is always delicious in the bar and restaurant, the staff are polite and willing to help and the whole place has a great atmosphere.

Even when I move out of BOD, the Mains will always be my local

1  Thank MrsGoonan
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Went here with family for lunch on a Saturday. It didn't seem to be too busy but there was only one waitress working who was admittedly very attentive and apologised for the delays in getting our food out.
Apparently the food was cooked from scratch, but although reasonably tasty it was just pup food (not something I'm a fan off). I had opted for the roast beef - a bit touch with something that was supposed to be a Yorkshire pudding, and overcooked veg.
It is a very nice place inside- comfy and relaxed, but the management seriously needs to sort out it's staffing, and the food really should be much better. It's average pub food at best I'm afraid!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My partner as I went for a late lunch and some drinks on Saturday afternoon, we were seated straight away and drinks order taken, I opted for roast beef and trimmings and partner had tex mex burger, did take awhile for food to arrive but we had drinks and chatted and was worth the wait roast beef was lovely melt in your mouth really tasty , other half enjoyed his burger , big helpings even though we were full had pudding I had baked Alaska and other half sticky toffee pudding I'm glad we squeezed these in as both hit the spot I'm still thinking about baked Alaska now :-) really tasty . We would go back again very pleasant experience

2  Thank Kelzbaby
Reviewed 3 April 2013

went for a Retirement Do on friday 29th march.We were in the conservitory as there was 27 of us.Service was a bit slow but when the meal came ,good size portions and pipeing hot.Was a bit dubious after reading previous reports but could find no fault except maybe location and several of us got lost trying to find it(in the middle of a houseing estate).

2  Thank DOROTHY B