“An excellent place to stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 17 November 2012

From the moment you arrive, the staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and spacious and the atmosphere is good. The buffet breakfast, although simple, is more than satisfactory. I would thoroughly recommend the hotel as a place to stay in Aberdeen

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Nickeir
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Dear Nickeir,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for recommending our hotel to fellow travellers.

I look forward to welcoming you back at our lovely hotel.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre

Reviewed 16 November 2012

A very comfortable hotel. Rooms warm and well furnished. The Evening meal we had was very average, edible but totally chain pub quality compared to hilton dundee. That said we Had a lovely stay and would return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Christineboyce,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be introducing a new menu shortly. This menu will feature some very exciting classic and seasonal dishes and I am sure that you will enjoy your evening meal on your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 15 November 2012

My daughters booked this hotel for 5 of us to celebrate my "special" birthday!! I think we had upgraded from the standard rooms so can only comment on the rooms we were in and they were excellent. All 3 rooms were of an excellent standard. The double beds had adjustable dials on them depending on how hard or soft you liked your side of the mattress. Cleanliness was excellent. This being a central hotel, it was very peaceful. 2 minutes walk to one of the shopping centres and the others aren't far away either. Parking is under the hotel and there are limited spaces, we were lucky to get a space but it's first come first serve but apparently you can also use the John Lewis carpark nearby for the same rate as hotel, but not quite so convenient. Breakfast had plenty of choices, something to suite everyone. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Karen,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with fellow travellers. Your daughters definitely chose the right hotel to celebrate your special birthday. I have shared your review with my entire team and we are all delighted to know that we played our part in making your special birthday enjoyable.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely hotel

Reviewed 14 November 2012

Stayed for one night and overall found the experience ok. Arrived at 16.00 and ckeck in was faultless. Room was on the fourth floor and very pleasant with a large bathroom and walk in shower. The AC was very loud but when turned off the room became quite stuffy. I found the bed to be very hard only to discover in the morning that the firmness could be adjusted. Breakfast was self service and I found all food on offer was fresh, plentiful, varied and tasty. Car parking near the hotel is a large multi storey and there is no on street parking between 08:00 and 20:00. The hotel is ideally suited for the city centre and the beach front is a 15 minute walk. If returning to Aberdeen I would stay here again. Train station is a 10:00 minute walk.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear doad58,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to know that you have decided to stay with us if you visit Aberdeen again. This is a big compliment for my wonderful team and the hotel.

We all look forwrd to welcoming you back

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Stayed here as an alternative to paying for a taxi home after a night out. For the price I paid for the hotel room, I was very impressed with the hotel facilities and standards. The hotel was very clean throughout, the room of adequate size and stocked with all required items bar one (more below). I couldn't decide if the adjustable comfort beds were a fad or a touch of genius but the bed was very comfortable and a joy to sleep in

The only improvement which I like to see in a hotel is a bottle opener, even if it is a wall mounted one. Reception couldn't oblige with supplying us but with a little external help, we got one. Great service from the Hilton group

The air conditioning/climate control system is quite noisy but we turned it off to get a peaceful nights sleep. Would definitely stay here again if price is right

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Dear wcel,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As mentioned in your review, our hotel is ideally located to enjoy the vibrant night life of Aberdeen. Just a 10 minutes walk from the clubs and bars in Aberdeen, we are a perfect choice to stay over and enjoy our special Garden Sllep System beds after a night out.

We all look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We were visiting for 1 night and had chosen the Hilton City Centre because it was ranked number 1 on Trip Advisor but were pretty disappointed by several things which need improving.

The great positive with the hotel is the location which is just a few minutes from John Lewis and all the main city shops, bars and restaurants. The breakfast was good with a fair selection and range of hot and cold choices.

However the check-in and issues with our room mainly due to poor staff customer service was so off putting I am unsure whether we would stay there again. We arrived early for check in and knew that we probably wouldn't be able to access our room but the lady on reception was rude and dismissive at the fact we would even arrive early! We asked to leave our luggage and it was thrown in a heap behind the reception desk (open for anyone to help themselves, as the desk was un-manned several times throughout our stay) with a pile of other bags. We asked for a ticket but she didn't seem bothered. It was not a great first impression and I would expect a hotel such as a Hilton especially a city centre site to have a proper left luggage room which is secure.

When we did go back to check-in, no rooms were ready, there were lots of people with issues. We eventually got our room (a very small room , ok for 1 night but not recommended for a long stay) to discover the TV didn't work. Something so basic not to be working felt like the hotel clearly didn't check rooms properly. We phoned and reported this and was told someone would be straight up. 1 hour later, we were still waiting and had heard nothing, let alone someone to check the TV. We went out, got back a few hours later and it still was not fixed! We had to call again and at least this time someone did turn up to the room who was perhaps one of the managers with a maintenance person. They couldn't fix it so offered us a free drink which was nice but I would have preferred the TV.

With the exception of the person who actually attended our room, all of the other staff need serious staff training and a course on customer service skills.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear becks30,

From the outset, I would like to apologise that we could not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and clearly we failed to do so on this occassion.

I have discussed the points that you were kind enough to highlight in your review with my management team and I can assure you that we have taken necessary steps to address these issues.

We all look forward to welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Does what it says on the tin - very central - easy walking distance to shops etc. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Self service breakfast which was quite comprehensive and tasty so all in all a safe bet.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear cbrown004,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and sharing your experience with fellow travellers. I am glad that your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed the breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back.