“Excellent City Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We booked a two night stay at the Hilton Garden Aberdeen in February through Late Rooms, at a total cost of £92! The rooms are excellent, very comfortable bed, 32" flat screen telly with all the freeview channels, fridge, walk-in rain shower and a bath - what more do you want? We'll certainly be going back!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

As a business traveler, this hotel met most of my needs: clean room & restroom, onsite restaurant & bar, easy access to offsite restaurants, and close proximity to offices I am visiting. The checkin process was simple and the attendees were friendly. What it lacked for me was the poor Internet access on 4th floor. I had other coworkers on floors 3, 5 & 6 that had no issues with their Internet.

I had a room with a queen bed; it was soft and comfortable. The decor was standard which met my taste. My room looked across the courtyard shared with an apartment so keep your privacy curtain closed. The restroom had a tub and a stand up shower. The stand up shower does let some water out into the rest of the bathroom so be careful not to slip.

Breakfast was adequate each morning, the usual eggs (scrambled & sunny side), bacon, mushrooms, grill tomatoes, cereals, apple & orange juices, breads & pastries, and coffee/tea. I did not eat at the restaurant for lunch or dinner. It is called the Granite City Grill.

As an entertainment location, it fit the bill. I was a quick walk to Bon Accord and Union Street. You easily walk to all of the major shopping centers and most of the bars and pubs on Belmont & Union.

I would definitely recommend anyone traveling on business to stay at this hotel. Even if you are not traveling for work, it might be worth a try.

Room Tip: Odd rooms face the shared courtyard, even rooms face a school & parking lot.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Dear GDaoV,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with fellow travellers. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I have noted your point regarding the internet access on 4th floor and this has now been resolved.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

This was my fourth visit in just under a year to Aberdeen and my first stay in this hotel. I have to say that the location of it is excellent, just around the corner from Belmont Street, which is full of great bars and restaurants, and 5 mins walk to Union Street. The hotel has a small lobby which leads to the bar and restaurant, both of which were modern and comfortable and the breakfast was fine and had plenty of choice. The twin room I booked was on the 3rd floor and actually had 2 queen sized beds which was a nice surprise and you could adjust the firmness of the mattress to suit your personal perference. The bathroom was lovely and had a separate bath and rain shower cubicle, I really hate hotel rooms that simply put a shower in the bath! All in all a very positive experience and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TheGirls09

Dear TheGirls09,

We appreciate you taking time to write this review and are proud as punch to hear such positive feedback. It's great to hear you found the bed comfortable, that is down to the Garden Sleep System .... a revolutionary bed created from a system of air baffles which contour to your body and can be easily adjusted to guarantee the best night's sleep!

We look forward to welcoming you through our doors again.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

great hotel nice and central for shops, pubs, clubs.but check heating in room before unpacking.
not really family friendly but great for couples.staff nice and helpful when asked about surrounding area.

Room Tip: rooms at back of hotel are quieter.

Dear John B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff helpful and friendly.

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the problem that you had with the heating in the room. I can assure you that I have taken necesarry steps to fix this issue.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Very good centrally located hotel. The room was very nice, spacious, well lit and very comfortable with a decent sized bathroom. The adjustable mattress is very handy as I had a sore back and could adjust my side to softer. We couldn't hear any noise which was great given it's so central. We were concerned about the limited car parking but we managed to get a space underneath the hotel and didn't mind paying £8 per day. We've stayed at Malmaison a few times before but I actually preferred this hotel in alot of ways. It's not quite as "romantic and luxury" as Malmaison but extremely comfortable. The well lit rooms were a plus and the bathroom was much better than the one in Malmaison - much more practical. If we're looking for a hotel in Aberdeen again I'd definately stay here.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I assume this city centre hotel is intended for business travellers, but this means at the weekend there's great deals to be had for visitors to the city. It's in a central location but not on a busy street with lots of pubs so you can get a good night’s sleep without having to venture far out of town.

We had a King suite which had ample room; a great sized bed, desk and chair, bathroom with separate shower. The hotel has only been open for a year and a half and all the furnishings etc. are in excellent condition. There's supposedly limited parking available at the hotel, but at £16 a day we didn't bother and instead just drove up George Street for 5 minutes to park locally for free.

A great hotel, which was cheaper than the normal low cost hotels in the city centre, and definitely now my hotel to use in Aberdeen.

1  Thank michaelgfindlay

Dear michaelgfindlay,

We appreciate you taking time to write this review and are proud as punch to hear such positive feedback.It gives me great pleasure in reading that we will be your preferred hotel in Aberdeen for your future stays.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was our second visit to the hotel having been impressed when we stayed last year - it certainly didn't disappoint. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help and make sure our stay was enjoyable. The facilities are good and the buffet breakfast sets you up for the day. We will certainly be coming back to stay again.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Nickeir,

Thank you so much for reviewing our lovely hotel once again. We love to hear from our loyal guests. The fact that you came back and stayed with us itself is very fulfilling.

It gives me great pleasure in reading that we will be your preferred hotel in Aberdeen for your future stays. There is nothing more satisfying and accomplishing than welcoming guests back to our hotel.