“Excellent - Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Sydney
“Excellent - Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

From a global perspective, as an International traveller with over 30 years experience, this Hilton Hotel rates as one of the very best hotels I've ever had the pleasure to stay at.

The facilities at the hotel, as well as "all" the staff, were 1st rate, and extremely professional.

I'd suggest to anyone, that they put the Hilton Garden Inn at the top of their list when thinking of staying in Aberdeen.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Dear Tim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your experience with fellow travellers. It gave me immensepleasure to read your review to my team in our daily briefing. Your review is now proudly posted on all our departmental notice boards.

It was a pleasure to have you with us. We are all delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back.

Nitin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Suzi is Fantastically Awesome !! - isn't that enough ? ? but she really makes the stay just a super delight, every time you enter hotel

Charlotte is simply superb !! - No matter what she is always smiling and helps in every way she possibly can

Sophie is amazingly crazy !! - just wonderful !! :D

Andy is very Kind !! and ensures every guest get everything asked and requested for so they have most relaxed stay.

Chef Raj - Makes the best food ever ! Much better than Nick Narin. Its absolutely pleasure eating it when ever I get a chance.

Chris and Thurston - They are every guests best Pal's . Havnt come accross more friendlier people and staff.

Kelly, Rory, Modesta - Just like their names - Krazy Kells but modest ;)

Tereza - Makes the hotel very lively, chirpy and happy place

Nicole, Natalia , Riah , Claire - Just complete the set in a nice little package

and Nittin makes all the adjustments to ensure the stay in Hilton goes smoothly and just makes everything happen

10th reason - this is only place in Aberdeen one should stay and if you're yearning for some good food and drink, drop right in to their delicious restaurant

Room Tip: Just talk to the guys, if you need help, they will always try their best to serve the guests
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
DearLuvySingh,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I have shared your glowing review with my entire team and would like to convey a big "ThankYou" from everyone.

We are all delighted to know that you enjoy staying with us and we all know that you have already recommended our hotel to your colleagues. It is indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Thanks once again for your loyalty and a great review.

Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Stayed one night at this Hotel, location is great only a short walk from the train station and then only 5 minutes to Union Street and most of the major shopping areas.

Great for a night out as Belmont Street, pubs and clubs are all only a short walk away without the hotel being noisy or to close to the nightlife to bother you.

The staff were exceptional. From getting a courtesy e-mail the night before I arrived telling me who would be on the desk to what the forcast for my stay was. Great service at recption, bar, breakfast and throught the hotel.

Room was excellent, clean, large and spacious and got a free upgrade to a King size bed. If your looking for a hotel in Aberdeen City Centre this is the perfect hotel for you!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear JEHighland,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. My team is very passionate about delivering great service.

Your review has put a big smile on their faces. Thanks once again for recognising and appreciating their hard work and for recommending our lovely hotel to fellow travellers.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Perth
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed at the Garden inn on Easter Sunday because we were visiting friends and family. Staff were lovely on check in. Room spacious and clean. Beds amazingly comfortable.
We had drinks in the lounge in the evening, table service very friendly and prices reasonable.
Little mix up at breakfast. We were told on check in that breakfast was until 11am but went down
At 10.05 to realise breakfast was over! There had been a little communication problem between front desk and the kitchen! No problem, the lovely Italian chef russled up some eggs etc and all was fine. Waitress, Kelly very rude when we asked for butter and could not wait for us to finish and whip the plates away. Would definitely stay here again. Great location, facilities and the staff are lovely. This stay was a treat from our friend Chris Ault who works at the hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, thanks Chris.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear Sonia M,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. However, I am extremely disappointed with my team as they failed to provide you with our usual high standard of breakfast service.

I have already spoken to the mentioned team members and personally expressed my disaapointment. Kelly has also asked me to aplogise to you on her behalf . She assures me that she did not mean to be rude and is very sorry if it came across that way.

I hope we get an opportunity to serve you again in the future & look forward to welcoming you back at our lovely hotel.

Scotland
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stayed one night at the weekend
Good points : great location, very well appointed comfortable rooms, lovely towels and hot powerful shower, quiet rooms with excellent heat control, comfortable beds with nice linens, breakfast reasonable. My only criticism would be breakfast receptionist a bit rude and no napkin to cover bread when being cut - not very hygienic as loaf was touched by many guests.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear sports1mad,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to review our hotel. We have taken on board your feedback regarding breakfast and have already made the required changes. It's so disappointing to read that your stay wasn't perfect .

We look forward to welcoming you back and promise you a perfect stay.

Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

I stay in the Garden Inn each month before travelling to work, it's a new, clean and modern hotel located in the city centre. Walking distance from union street etc.
Rooms are spotless, bathrooms good with a powerful rain shower. Breakfasts are very good quality to which you help yourself to the freshly cooked food or fresh fruit and cereals etc. highly recommended

• Stayed March 2013
Dear TeesideTony,

Receiving such a wonderful review from a regular guest means the world to us. We are all delighted that you have enjoyed your stays with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Pearland, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2013

This is a modern hotel located in a slum. Unless you like hookers and drunks on the way to your car, stay away from here. The front desk doesn't answer the phone. The parking is not connected and you have to drag luggage up stairs. The room heat was too hot and didn't allow cooling. The furnishings are nice and photos don't indicate any problems. The breakfast was good and everything else inside seemed upscale.

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank T T
Dear Vette69_13,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre. As a HHonors member your loyalty to our brand is greatly appreciated.

I have already contacted you directly to discuss the issues that you have highlighted, but unfortunately I have not heard back from you.
Our hotel car park is accessible via the hotel elevator and there is also a door from the car park to lead you back into the hotel area. This should have been communicated to you on check-in and I would like to offer my apologies if this was not the case.

Our property is also located in one of the more affluent areas of Aberdeen City Centre, close to all main shopping areas and local attractions ( 2 minutes away from Bon Accord shopping centre and across the street from John Lewis).

My team takes pride in providing exceptional service and strives really hard to achieve this. The description of our hotel in your review has left my team heartbroken and disappointed. The way the local area is described in your review does not portray this and I am concerned this is not a true representation of the location of our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you in any way.

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully welcoming you back some time in the future.