“Lovely Hotel. Good central location”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel. Good central location”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We had a terrific stay at this hotel on the Thursdsay before Easter whilst visiting our Son in Aberdeen. A clean, fresh, modern hotel, with some great staff. particularly Nicole on reception who was very helpful with a good knowledge of the local area, shops and places to go.. Being right in the centre of town it's great for shopping, a few seconds walk to John Lewis and the Bon Accord Centre.
We had planned to eat out but after seeing the menu decided to try the restaurant. We had a lovely meal which was surprisingly good value as sometimes hilton's can be a bit on the pricey side but the drinks too were reasonably priced.
The breakfast was also excellent with plenty of choice, didn't have the waffles but they seemed to be a popular choice and looked nice.
Our room was very comfortable, the adjustable firmness mattress on the bed was a nice surprise and ensured great nights sleep.
I particularly liked the bathroon with a superb walk-in rain shower as well as a separate bath.
Although this is a city centre hotel it was incredibly quiet at night.
I would have loved to have stayed longer but will definately stay here again when in Aberdeen.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the courtyard and was spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Dear JennS501,

Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travellers. Your terrific review put a smile on our faces this morning. We are all delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Nicole is indeed one of our best employees and always goes the extra mile for all our guests.

It gives me great pleasure in reading that we will be your preferred hotel in Aberdeen for your future stays. There is nothing more satisfying and accomplishing than welcoming guests back to our hotel.

We all look forward to having you back with us.

Nitin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
aberdeen
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on Easter Saturday. Unfortunately the usual lady (Sofia) at reception was off and check in was not its usual friendly way. Having said that Sofia worked in the evening and on the Sunday and nothing is ever too much trouble and she knows her guests. Rooms are good- temperature was a little warm but this was adjusted with no problem. Business centre is excellent- a proper room with printer and photocopiers for free. Was checked in early and late check out. Location is great. To me garden inn brand I would expect a budget hotel, but this is certainly well above most hotels in Aberdeen and certainly is several leagues above the supposed Hilton- treetops! Maybe one downside is that they don't give diamond members upgrades (though have got more laid back for late check outs as in past when I've known I've had leave later, I opted for doubletree as they never have an issue). I guess this is due to brand rules but I don't understand if hotel is empty as to the reasoning (as a non thistle member I stayed at thistle on an Expedia rate and they upgraded me to a beautiful room). In any case this is still an excellent hotel and in particular Sofia makes the hotel as nothing is ever too much trouble and he is a great asset to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear bikevail09,

Thanks a lot for your review. I am delighted to know that you enjoy staying with us. As mentioned by you, Sophia is indeed an asset to our organisation.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty towards the Hilton brand, as a Diamond member you are one of our most valued guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Alyth
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We were there on a special offer - dinner bed and breakfast and bottle of Prosecco for less than £100! Way exceeded our expectations. Lovely, clean room and the food was excellent - three courses, served piping hot. Staff were exceptionally good and couldn't do enough for you. Thurston was very friendly. This hotel should be busier. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear GoodFoodLoverAlyth,

Thank you for your glowing review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As mentioned by you, our Prosecco break package is a huge hit over the weekend nd is extremely great value for money.

I have shared your review with my team and they all send you a big 'Thank You' for recognising their efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely hotel.

Sydney
Reviewed 5 April 2013

From a global perspective, as an International traveller with over 30 years experience, this Hilton Hotel rates as one of the very best hotels I've ever had the pleasure to stay at.

The facilities at the hotel, as well as "all" the staff, were 1st rate, and extremely professional.

I'd suggest to anyone, that they put the Hilton Garden Inn at the top of their list when thinking of staying in Aberdeen.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Tim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your experience with fellow travellers. It gave me immensepleasure to read your review to my team in our daily briefing. Your review is now proudly posted on all our departmental notice boards.

It was a pleasure to have you with us. We are all delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Suzi is Fantastically Awesome !! - isn't that enough ? ? but she really makes the stay just a super delight, every time you enter hotel

Charlotte is simply superb !! - No matter what she is always smiling and helps in every way she possibly can

Sophie is amazingly crazy !! - just wonderful !! :D

Andy is very Kind !! and ensures every guest get everything asked and requested for so they have most relaxed stay.

Chef Raj - Makes the best food ever ! Much better than Nick Narin. Its absolutely pleasure eating it when ever I get a chance.

Chris and Thurston - They are every guests best Pal's . Havnt come accross more friendlier people and staff.

Kelly, Rory, Modesta - Just like their names - Krazy Kells but modest ;)

Tereza - Makes the hotel very lively, chirpy and happy place

Nicole, Natalia , Riah , Claire - Just complete the set in a nice little package

and Nittin makes all the adjustments to ensure the stay in Hilton goes smoothly and just makes everything happen

10th reason - this is only place in Aberdeen one should stay and if you're yearning for some good food and drink, drop right in to their delicious restaurant

Room Tip: Just talk to the guys, if you need help, they will always try their best to serve the guests
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
DearLuvySingh,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I have shared your glowing review with my entire team and would like to convey a big "ThankYou" from everyone.

We are all delighted to know that you enjoy staying with us and we all know that you have already recommended our hotel to your colleagues. It is indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Thanks once again for your loyalty and a great review.

Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Stayed one night at this Hotel, location is great only a short walk from the train station and then only 5 minutes to Union Street and most of the major shopping areas.

Great for a night out as Belmont Street, pubs and clubs are all only a short walk away without the hotel being noisy or to close to the nightlife to bother you.

The staff were exceptional. From getting a courtesy e-mail the night before I arrived telling me who would be on the desk to what the forcast for my stay was. Great service at recption, bar, breakfast and throught the hotel.

Room was excellent, clean, large and spacious and got a free upgrade to a King size bed. If your looking for a hotel in Aberdeen City Centre this is the perfect hotel for you!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear JEHighland,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. My team is very passionate about delivering great service.

Your review has put a big smile on their faces. Thanks once again for recognising and appreciating their hard work and for recommending our lovely hotel to fellow travellers.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Perth
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed at the Garden inn on Easter Sunday because we were visiting friends and family. Staff were lovely on check in. Room spacious and clean. Beds amazingly comfortable.
We had drinks in the lounge in the evening, table service very friendly and prices reasonable.
Little mix up at breakfast. We were told on check in that breakfast was until 11am but went down
At 10.05 to realise breakfast was over! There had been a little communication problem between front desk and the kitchen! No problem, the lovely Italian chef russled up some eggs etc and all was fine. Waitress, Kelly very rude when we asked for butter and could not wait for us to finish and whip the plates away. Would definitely stay here again. Great location, facilities and the staff are lovely. This stay was a treat from our friend Chris Ault who works at the hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, thanks Chris.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear Sonia M,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. However, I am extremely disappointed with my team as they failed to provide you with our usual high standard of breakfast service.

I have already spoken to the mentioned team members and personally expressed my disaapointment. Kelly has also asked me to aplogise to you on her behalf . She assures me that she did not mean to be rude and is very sorry if it came across that way.

I hope we get an opportunity to serve you again in the future & look forward to welcoming you back at our lovely hotel.