“complete farce”

Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Methil, null, United Kingdom
“complete farce”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed in this hotel before was good but this time was a complete nightmare.locked out of room on both days of this trip all because there was another person staying in the hotel with the same surname as mine although his first name was GEORGE and mine was JOHN must have been really confusing for the reception staff?????.then on the second day of this trip i was informed i had apparently only booked in for one night instead of the two i had booked, but then found out the other person had only booked for one night so just more confusion again so had to go and get my conformation letter which was shown to staff when i initially booked in to show them this again????I had only booked this trip three days before going and done this directlly through the hotel and not any internet site which made all the confusing even worse but was offered a free drink at bar for all my troubles woohoo.Then on checking out off hotel went down checked out- went to car park only to find my car blocked in so could not even leave after all this fiascal eventually got back into hotel to find out staff had told other driver it was OK to park anywhere as there were no spaces available for him even though i was informed this would never happen when i tried to book parking {which i had to pay for} when booking this trip as it was on a first come basis only as there was another car park behind this hotel.Reception staff tried to explain this as a misunderstanding yeah right.but by this time was so fed up with the whole experience i just wanted to get out and head home.This trip was a birthday treat for my fiancee which turned into a real nightmare of a weekend...

Room Tip: book a room at the back off this hotel less noise or another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John B
NitinRamtri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear John B,

I would like to take a moment to apologise for all of the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I understand our reception team had mixed up your reservation with another guest’s booking and this then led onto further problems during your stay.
This error, on our behalf, is easily avoided and I would like to apologise that it inconvenienced your stay on this occasion. Please be assured I have already taken measures to assure this does not happen in the future.

As you mention in your feedback, you have stayed with us before and had a pleasant stay however it is clear that we did not live up to the exceptional levels of guest service which we strive to achieve on this occasion.

Should you wish to discuss this or any other matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

I do hope you give us another opportunity to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Nitin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Aberdeeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We decided to stay at the hotel last minute for a relaxing chilled night. Our decision was made very quickly when we got an incredible offer! The room as immaculate and perfect. The parking was full but we were told that if we park at Loch Street it will be the same price for the evening. The staff were very helpful and it was a fantastic evening. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear lisa -1574,

Thank you very much for your comments. I have shared your comments with the entire team and we all are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Just a one night stay in Aberdeen for a get together with friends. This very new hotel is slightly off the beaten track within the centre of the city, tucked up behind the St Nicholas Centre near to John Lewis, but at least its in a quiet location with very little traffic/pedestrian noise compared to some of the other hotels which are nearer or on Union Street. Check-in was very efficient and friendly, and I was welcomed as a Silver HHonors member - and as it was my first ever stay at this property I was given a voucher for two complimentary drinks from the bar - a nice touch. The bog standard Silver HHonors perk (the free bottle of Strathmore...) was present and correct, along with the nice welcome letter from the hotel.

Room was spotlessly clean, all very contemporary and tasteful in the style of most recent Hilton hotels, a very soft and comfortable bed with a walk in wet bathroom with separate shower cubicle and bath (which you don't see that often at this price point). Curiously our room had a balcony which was locked from the bedroom, although the view out wasn't that pretty anyway....but as I said above noise is not an issue - the racket of the seagulls (a fact of life in Aberdeen) was suitably dampened.

I plumped for a bed and breakfast rate at £89, by keeping a close watch on the Hilton website two months in advance. I haven't had a bad breakfast at a Hilton hotel, and this one was no exception always a great selection of continental and traditional Scottish fayre - I love the fried haggis option, but again all the waiting staff in the restaurant were pleasant and efficient. The free in-room WiFi is a welcome addition given the extortionate rates that full-scale Hilton hotels charge for this service although it was maybe a bit slow, but OK enough for email/Twitter etc.

So all in all, an excellent little hotel and will definitely come again next time I am in Aberdeen - special mention for Sophie on the front desk who checked us both in and out - she was excellent and gave great service - this was a hotel that tried really hard to make a good first impression.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kevin S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.
We have a fantastic team here who are dedicated to providing the 'ultimate service'. We are all so proud of our hotel and are genuinely interested in getting to know our guests and delivering just what you need. We would love to welcome you again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed in Hiltom Garden Inn Aberdeen in May 2013. Personnel helped me a lot:
1. My tv was not working- they btought another one in 15mins.
2. I booked the room very late and due to that i adviced that i eould need to change rooms during my stay and i agreed- but the sirted it out for me snd i enjoyed my stay very much.
3. There was lady who's name Megan- she was very helpful and friendly during my stay. She was helping me everytime even when it was not her responsibility- thanks a lot for this!
4. Bathroom was very nice! Relaxing.
5. A tap in the bathroom was not designed well- you cant wash your hands as there is really not much place.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Yousif M,

Thank you for your feedback, I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and glad to know that my team looked after you well. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a Saturday night that was in a perfect location for a pub crawl in Aberdeen.

The rooms were typical for a HGI, but they REALLY should fix the internet. It was so bad that I had to tether through my cell phone to get some work relate stuff done on a Saturday afternoon. I run a speedtest and got upload speed of 0.002 MBPS. Yes. That is truly bad.

Dear LoyaltyLobby,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with fellow travellers.

I am sorry for the inconvinience caused to you duue to the wifi connection. I have been in touch with our supplier and we are in the process of installing GI fibre optic broadband in the hotel. Unfortunately, this will take up to 16 weeks.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Great hotel with fantastic friendly and approachable staff who go out of their to help whenever possible. The rooms were clean comfortable and quiet and the breakfasts were full of choice and very tasty. I will definitely be back to stay here again!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Tammyms K,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our breakfast to be top notch. It gives me great pleasure in reading that we will be your preferred hotel in Aberdeen for your future stays. There is nothing more satisfying and accomplishing than welcoming guests back to our hotel.

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

You know those hotels where everything is where it should be? Where you can find the hair dryer? I stayed one night on business travel. From the outside it is not promising but inside the reception remembers to give you the internet access key without the guest asking; the room service arrives quickly; and the staff is concerned about a buzzing telephone line.

Breakfast is a copious buffet - nothing original nor fancy but easy.

If you want a business hotel in Aberdeen in which you don't have to think too much - and after nine weeks on the road I do -- this fits the bill.

It also has that lovely extra lock on the door that can only be opened from the inside, always a plus for safety.

Dear mariacallasmaria74,