Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 14 July 2014

It feels like this place has had a makeover in the last few years and the rooms and public areas have certainly benefited too make it a comfortable stay. But a budget hotel attitude still prevails with no water provided in the rooms as an example. The Nick Nairn restaurant was a bit of a disappointment as the choices appeared to be your average hotel fair and I was expecting something with a bit more flair. Having chosen the steak and asked for medium rare I was very disappointed when something not much thicker than a minute steak arrived and no wonder it was well done. The saving grace was some superbly made cocktails in the hotel bar, so someone is matching the updated luxury hotel look and feel.

Also check your bill as someone else's room was added to our invoice even though apparently the receptionist couldn't see it on the computer.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scotadvisor
Jasdeep S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Aberdeen. I have received your comments; I am disappointed that a number of aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations during your visit.

We are investigating the points you have raised with the management team at the hotel especially with regards to food quality and billing issues.

On positive note, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our cocktails selection. Thank you for your review and I hope you will consider HGI Aberdeen in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had a two-night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn two weeks ago and, as usual, it was excellent. Staff are friendly and helpful and I was tempted to use the new 'Native by Nick Nairne' restaurant on-site. The food and service was excellent and prices were fair. Hilton also had a promotional offer to hhonors members who ate there of 500 points per visit. All in all a great stay. Unfortunately I won't be staying there on my next visit to Aberdeen (before a midweek flight out) as they are looking for £150 per room - that is just cheeky!)

Room Tip: All rooms are more or less the same, - they are not large, but comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Highland2

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Hilton Garden Inn, Aberdeen. I have received your comments and recommendations. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by the team at the hotel and will ensure your feedback is shared.

Unfortunately Aberdeen is very competitive market and usually very busy during weekdays, we recommend all our guests to pre-book in advance by visiting our website and selecting Advance purchase options.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I very much look forward to welcome you back on property during your next visit to Aberdeen.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while attending the Scottish Open golf tournament. We were very happy with our choice as this hotel is right in the middle of everything we needed. Great restaurants were in walking distance along with some fun bars. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful in pointing us in the directions we wanted to go. We did not eat at the restaurant for dinner, but the breakfast bar was delicious with lots of choices. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cboyleston
Jasdeep S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us at HGI Aberdeen.

I am extremely pleased to read that your stay was most enjoyable and particularly that my team made it even more special through the friendly and helpful service they provided you with.

I look forward to welcome you back on property during your next visit to Aberdeen.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. Hotel is very clean and well taken care of and is in a great location. We were able to walk to many restaurant/bars while we were there. It is located on a quite street with minimum road noise. Rooms were very clean and taken care of but a bit on the small side but that is typical for European rooms. Very enjoyable stay, great breakfast, great service in the bar area and very nice sitting area with big screen tv.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank TexThai

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit at HGI, Aberdeen. I am delighted to read that your stay was made very comfortable and welcoming.

I look forward to welcome you back during your next trip to Aberdeen.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Good location and room clean and comfortable. Flight was late and I was advised that room service stopped at 1030pm so I should order straight away, no problem. But shame on you - no vegetarian options on the room service menu that I could see, save for one starter. Not ideal. So much for the Nick Nairn restaurant.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Loll

Thank you for the time you have taken in posting a review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to read that your recent stay did not fully meet your expectations.

Our Restaurant is extremely popular and we have just finalised our new restaurant and in room dining menu which go lives from August and will have added vegetarian section. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back on property.

Should you require advance booking for any of the in house facilities, please do not hesitate to contact us and we would be delighted to help.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

A small HGI but the room size was OK, and it has parking. As with all HGI it has a guest laundry and as we are travelling for 6 weeks I found this great and one of the reasons to stay at a HGI. It also has a Nick Nairn restaurant and so we ate there that night. The meal was good and tasty. Breakfast the next day was OK, but needs more clean up staff as tables were not being turned over. A very central location with an easy walk to the shops.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rojaan1

Thank you very much for your kind comments on the quality of our breakfast and meal you had in Native by Nick Nairn Restaurant.

I look forward to welcome you back during your next trip to Aberdeen.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very good location, hotel is clean, room size is quite okay. Great buffet for breakfast, but staff cannot cope with big groups as plates stayed empty and meals were not refilled. Fresh bread seems to be rather limited.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Christa S

Thank you for reviewing following your recent stay with us at HGI Aberdeen. I very pleased to read that enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you very much for your kind comments on the quality of our breakfast and I can assure you we have taken relevant action to ensure high service level.