“Fantastic Overnight stay”

Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Overnight stay”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Hilton garden Inn in Aberdeen has a superb location just minutes from the shops. It is just next to John Lewis. Our room had a modern and clean decor. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel has a Nick Nairn Restaurant on the bottom level. We had a great stay and will return again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jasdeep S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and our friendly staff looked after you during your stay and provided high quality of service.

I look forward to welcome you back on property during your next visit to Aberdeen.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were in the one bedroom suite on the hightest floor. We had an amazing view, the bed was absolutely comfortable and the service in the main lobby was excellent. I was delighlty pleased by the fitness room where many excercising machines were available.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Hilton Garden Inn, Aberdeen. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and service & quality level you received exceeded your expectation.

I very much look forward to welcome you back at HGI during your next visit to Aberdeen.

aberdeen
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is certainly geared towards the business sector. We visited for 1 night using our free points being Gold members. On arrival we received our upgrade from a double to a king room. The room was spacious very clean and lovely large firm bed. The air conditioning was very strong. We had requested a high floor and the view was good, despite the hotel being on a rather dull street in Aberdeen. We dined at Nick Nairn which was fantastic. The breakfast was brilliant, fresh, clean and a waffle maker! The service throughout was fantastic. We found the shower a bit stiff to change the temp and when we told reception about this they offered to refund our parking - a nice touch, but we were not able to park in the hotel as when we arrive at check in time of 3pm it was already full. Overall a very nice stay, lovely large and comfortable rooms. We did have an issue with the room next to us at 5am having a bit of a party and when I called reception they dealt with it immediately and were very apologetic. Good complimentary items in the room. Very good blackout curtains for a long lie in.

Room Tip: choose a high room for a good view and less noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Egham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very comfortable bed, plentiful work space and storage, good tv, good bathroom with separate bath and shower cubicle, fridge. Very helpful reception. Central location, on uninspiring street, but only a few mins to shops etc. Station much further than looks on map, I would recommend taxi. Powerful aircon (but irritating buzz even when off) and opening windows
The one big negative was appalling breakfast. I only had 1 morning and sense I may have timed badly but tables laden with plates to be cleared, hot food cold and of poor quality, orange juice like weak luke warm orange squash and I decided not have a coffee as first 3 mugs I picked up full of tea leaves (waitress simply shrugged when I pointed this out)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the HGI Aberdeen.

I have received your comments; I am disappointed that a number of aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations during your visit especially with regards to breakfast service. We are investigating the points you have raised with the management team at the hotel.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back at HGI Aberdeen in the near future and ensure you experience the hassle free stay you should have enjoyed the first time around.

York
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here for just the one night but I was very pleased. We had a room which had clearly just been refurbished. The bed was massive, very comfortable and nice and firm, not like many of the squishy hotel beds you get. The bathroom was lovely and modern. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The breakfast was piping hot, plentiful and very tasty. The road on which the hotel is located is a bit tired and run down but the hotel is very central and we had an easy 10 min walk from the railway station. I doubt I'll have any cause to return to Aberdeen but if I do I would definitely stay here again. Don't sleep with the windows open because the seagulls are damn noisy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Hilton Garden Inn, Aberdeen. I have received your comments and recommendations. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by the team at the hotel and will ensure your feedback is shared.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I very much look forward to welcome you back on property during your next visit to Aberdeen.

Kind regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 July 2014

One night stay. Typical business room, table to work (glass, so mouse needs a pad)
coffee making facilities (but no complimentary water)
small shampoo and shower bottles that are good for only one shower. No complimentary toothbrush or shaving (they may be free at reception but who is going to ask last thing at night)
Bed is comfortable, curtains block out the sunlight/nightlights which is good for a decent sleep. Sound of gulls from 4am, not good so close the window.
TV comes with both terrestrial and Sky tv.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Woowoo101
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that your stay was made extremely pleasant by the quality of service you received but also the quality of the amenities throughout the hotel.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

It feels like this place has had a makeover in the last few years and the rooms and public areas have certainly benefited too make it a comfortable stay. But a budget hotel attitude still prevails with no water provided in the rooms as an example. The Nick Nairn restaurant was a bit of a disappointment as the choices appeared to be your average hotel fair and I was expecting something with a bit more flair. Having chosen the steak and asked for medium rare I was very disappointed when something not much thicker than a minute steak arrived and no wonder it was well done. The saving grace was some superbly made cocktails in the hotel bar, so someone is matching the updated luxury hotel look and feel.

Also check your bill as someone else's room was added to our invoice even though apparently the receptionist couldn't see it on the computer.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Scotadvisor
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Aberdeen. I have received your comments; I am disappointed that a number of aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations during your visit.

We are investigating the points you have raised with the management team at the hotel especially with regards to food quality and billing issues.

On positive note, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our cocktails selection. Thank you for your review and I hope you will consider HGI Aberdeen in the future.