“Heavenly Hilton”

Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
dundee
“Heavenly Hilton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

My partner and I needed a short break away from home, and decided on Aberdeen. Having read through reviews on Trip Advisor, and on discovering they had 50% off sale on at the time, we decided a suite at the Hilton Garden Inn would be a lovely treat. What an excellent treat it was too!

Check-in was at 3, but we arrived by train at around 12, so decided it would be worth asking if we could leave our luggage at the hotel while we explored for a while. It took us about 5 minutes to walk the short distance from the station, and a warm and friendly welcome awaited us. The man on reception was very nice, friendly and checked to see if our room was ready without us even asking. The room was ready, he issued our room keys, explained how the wifi (free) and remote printing worked (also free) and how to adjust the bed. He asked if we needed help with our luggage, explained where breakfast was served etc.....perfect customer service!! When I said I'd read about the beds, he asked if I'd read it on Trip Advisor! When I said yes, he said he's looking forward to reading my review- so here it is!

We took the lift to the 6th floor, were were in a King Evolution Suite, room 601. The suite was amazing!! We entered into a small 'lobby' with beautiful red carpeting and there's a lounge/office room to the right. On the left is the bedroom with ensuite bathroom. There's a 32inch television in both rooms and air conditioning (individually controlled).

The lounge room has a lovely arm chair and matching 2 seater sofa which can pull out into a bed. These are upholstered in sumptuous gold fabric, and have matching feather filled cushions. Tucked inside a dark wood cupboard was a ery handy mini fridge, and surprisingly not filled with snacks and other stuff to try to tempt us, it was great to be able to pop our bottle of bubbly in it for later. The tea and coffee tray was on top of this same unit, and this was laid out beautifully with perfectly folded napkins and spoons and cups spaced perfectly, not something I'd normally notice but the attention to detail really stood out!! The office chair does look a bit out of place, I have to say, but...it is ridiculously comfortable! Its fully adjustable, and if you get the chance, unleash your inner child and spin round on it lol. There's ample power points in this room to plug in laptops, phone charger etc.

The bedroom was similarly decorated, and the bed was massive!! There's a fitted double wardrobe, which houses an iron, ironing board, safe, laundry/dry cleaning bag, and a spare quilt. There's a matching gold arm chair in this room. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable. We played with the bed adjuster dials, but to be honest, it was great no matter where the dial was. The linens were beautifully crisp yet soft, and the bed has a lambs wool topper that is amazing!

The bathroom has a lovely deep bath, separate shower, and a lovely sink. I wasn't too sure of the shower, I usually like one that is adjustable, but once I had turned it on (Eco setting of course) I was in heaven. The way that the warm water washes over you in this shower has to be tried to be believed, it's a great experience. The toiletries are an excellent choice and compliment the bathroom perfectly.

After a brilliant sleep, it was time to go for breakfast. We were greeted by a lovely lady (I missed her name) who explained which foods where where, and where to get coffee and tea. The hot food was running a bit low when we arrived, but she said chef would be filling up soon. I decided I'd give the waffle machine a go, and within the 3 minutes it takes to cook the perfect waffle, the chef had indeed filled up everything in the hot section! I drizzled my waffle with maple syrup, and took it and my lovely strong coffee off to a perfectly set table. I only had a bit of my waffle, as the draw of a cooked breakfast was too much. I had bacon (crispy in all the right places) a cumberland sausage (prefer lincolnshire, but thats personal taste) black pudding (cooked to perfection!!! better than I cook it, and thats saying something) and some beans. I love a fried egg, and although the chef was floating about, I didn't ask for one, as he looked busy. I wish I had now. The fresh orange juice was lovely, really fresh, and chilled. There's also 'take-away ' cups for coffee & tea, so I made us a cup each to take to the room as it was so lovely.

Each time any of the staff made eye contact, they would smile, a real, genuine and friendly smile.

We checked out without any fuss, and the lady who checked us out thanked us for staying, said she hopes to see us again soon, and she will!! Our only regret is that we didn't book for 2 nights!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dundeedreamer
NitinRamtri, Deputy General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 8 March 2011
Dear Guest,
Thanks a lot for the lovely review. I am sure that this review will be very helpful to a lot of people travelling to Aberdeen. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you actually read about our hotel on trip advisor before you booked with us.
It was indeed a pleasure to have you and your partner with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Hilton Garden Inn Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Houston, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

We stay in Aberdeen regularly as our daughter lives there. Most Aberdeen city hotels are either old, noisy or grubby. We had heard good reports of this hotel are were very happy with our stay. Our original room was on the 6th floor and was noisy (from the adjacent a/c plant which seems to vibrate the entire floor). We were moved to the 5th and that was fine. I cannot really think of any bad points in this hotel but here are the good points...
friendly staff (all), very clean rooms, spotless bathroom, superb shower, very comfortable bed with quality bedding, fridge in room for your own use, excellent selection of quality food for breakfast, little 'pantry' near reception where you can buy snacks/nibbles/drinks etc, reasonable bar prices, double door in bedroom to minimise noise from corridor, best sleep I have had in Aberdeen in ages.
When next in Aberdeen we will definitely book this hotel. We managed to obtain a B&B rate from Expedia for under £61. Great value.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking out the time to review our hotel and share your experience with other travellers. I have shared your review with the entire team and each one of us is delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Mayo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

Very very comfortable hotel in which to stay...Room temperature, cleanliness, service and friendliness from staff were all as one would want them to be. Didn't get chance to use gym so cannot comment on that. Bathroom was modern and power shower was very nice. Breakfast was excellent (as per previous Hilton experiences), and had a couple of nice touches with takeaway coffee available and a machine to make fresh waffles on the spot. Dinner: I usually avoid hotel restaurants if possible, but my two chosen restaraunts in aberdeen were shut on the monday so I returned to the hotel restaraunt ( Aberdeen Grill). It was excellent food and priced very reasonably, reflecting the standard of the hotel. One gripe: (maybe the title slightly misleading) parking if needed was very expensive.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
NitinRamtri, Deputy General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 7 February 2011
Dear Jfkelly,

"Faultless" is a great compliment and thank you very much for that, I have shared your review with the entire team and we are all delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your compliments regarding the breakfast and dinner have been received very well by the kitchen team and our Chef Brian Scott sends you a special thank you from his team.
We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kiel, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

We enjoyed the stay in the Hilton Garden Inn and now we miss it a bit...
The room was wonderful, with a huge bed where we would have lain down for all the time...it was simply perfect.
The bathroom was very clean and comfortable. In the room we had TV, free wireless and we could regulate the heating.
The breakfast was fantastic with a wide variety of quality foods. And we could make tea in the room.
There were also other services that we had not time to make use of.
Finally the price was good because we took advantage of the weekend offer (also if we stayed for a week).

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Angy,

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and you recommend our hotel to everyone. Recommendation is music to our ears because it is a true reflection of your experience and a measurement of our success.

The Chef and his brigade send you a special thank you for appreciating the quality of our breakfast and we all look forward to welcoming you back again.

Forfar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

Only stayed there for one night. Even though it has only been opened a short while the rooms were spotless, food was really good, location was great for shops and other attractions. But the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff at the front desk and especially in the dining room was second to none.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Hi, thank you very much for sharing your experience of our hotel with other travellers. I have shared your comments with the entire team and we are all delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our housekeeping staff is very pleased to hear that you were impressed with the standard of cleanliness in the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully get an opportunity to serve you regularly in the future. Thanks again for your custom.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

After reading the positive reviews of this hotel in TripAdvisor, we had to find out why. All the rental cars in town were sold out, the front desk clerk found one for us---and we didn't even ask her to. The maintenance supervisor personally greeted us in the lobby to ask us how well we slept and if there is anything needing repair in our rooms? Thinking that was a fluke, he then proceeded to sit down at each table in the dining room and went through the same routine---and he was truly sincere. I travel 1/3 of the year, but never experienced such superior service anywhere in the world. This hotel is now my service benchmark. Mattresses have adjustable firmness. Parking was on-site and secure. Location is walking distance to the center of town. Internet was free and fast. The 24 hour gym was tidy and with the latest techno gear. Rooms new and quiet, although bath was a bit small. The full breakfast had something for everybody. Nice lobby lounge too. I would recommend everyone check into the Aberdeen Hilton Garden Inn, but I'm afraid I won't be able to get a reservation again.

Dear DScotty,
I cannot thank you enough for your generous comments. I have shared your comments with the entire team and also posted it on every notice board visible to the staff members. Your comments regarding the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff have provided us with a sense of fulfilment and achievement. We all strive very hard to make sure that our guests have the best experience possible and when our efforts are recognised, we get even more determined to make sure that all our guests have a very comfortable stay.
Our maintenance supervisor is indeed one of the most friendliest and caring person in the hotel. Your comments mean a lot to us. We all look forward to welcoming you back again.
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

With regular business visits to Aberdeen, was lookng for an alternative to Simpsons whcih we had used a dozen times previously. The fact this hotel has only been open around 9 months showed as was very clean and neat. Great facilties with gym, business room aswell as restaurant and bar providing really good food. Service was excellent throughout, will be back in February.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for sharing your comments with other travellers and choosing our hotel to stay in Aberdeen. Our team here is very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned, we are a great wee hotel for business trips to Aberdeen. Our city centre location, complimentary wifi throughout the hotel and complimentary 24 hours business centre services make it an obvious choice for business travellers. The friendly and hospitable service from our staff members will always make you feel like coming back.
We all look forward to welcoming you back in Feb.