“Awful service, will not be back”
Review of Circles@Mannofield - CLOSED

Circles@Mannofield
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Awful service, will not be back”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

After another visit here the service at an all time low. When I arrived all but one table was taken, the one that was left only had one seat at it and 3 was needed. I was given no acknowledgement whatsoever, no estimate on time for a table to be available, no thought of sorting out extra chairs to add on to the free table, not even a hello. So off to a bad start, a table did become free in which I took it upon myself(since no staff was) to take the chair from the free table to add to this table. Order was taken soon after, but only food, no drinks and no checking the order was correct. After serving one or two tables she realised she hadn't taken our drink order which processed to come but wrong. The food was brought out but again wrong, no soup and for 2 kids an adults toastie, not what I had asked for and at 4, my child looks like a child, so why give him an adults one?! Said to the waitress that the order was all wrong and she did then bring out one child's toastie. No apology. So I went to pay to discover from the receipt that for their mistake I had to pay £1.20 extra, it's not the cost that bothers me but the fact it was their mistake but I still get charged for it does bother me.

I know the service isn't the best but it's getting worse, being ignored and getting orders wrong with no apology and making me pay for their mistakes leaves me angry. Why annoy a regular customer?

The food is lovely which is why I have put up with the bad service but I think it's gone too far now

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Redheid

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, service to improve”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I have become quite a regular here because the food is tasty. Tomato and pepper soup is amazing, best I've tasted, panini's are good and cakes are lovely, honeymoon slice is my favourite. Good choice of daily fillings that aren't the usual.

They also have a small area with toys and books which allow my kids to be entertained whilst they wait on food arriving, always a good addition(wish they had a bit in westhill). My kids often ask to come to circles.

But the service isn't great and it can vary, I have had some quick and pleasant service but more often slow service. I watched a table that had been empty with leftover plates when we arrived take a further 10mins til it was cleared. Can take too long to get your order taken, have encountered two tables order being taken before mine despite me being there first. Been given our cake and our plate from panini still left on the table and had to ask for them to be taken away. I feel these simple errors could be tightened up and would make the experience a lot better and live up to how good the food is.

So overall nice, clean, tasty food but inconsistent service.

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“I should come more often”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Friends tipped me off about this place for a light lunch on a Sunday. Soup and sandwiches are nice, and they do a very well presented baked potato. The scones, cakes and tray bakes all look very tasty. I found the service prompt and pleasant, there were papers to read while I was eating, and the atmosphere in general was fine. Hard plastic seats was about the only down side.

• Visited December 2013
Aberdeen
“Not so good as usual ”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Disappointed to find that the soup was somewhat cooler than I would like. Panini and cakes were tasty as always, but overall an expensive visit considering what was on offer.

1 Thank AbClare
aberdeen
“Always a joy to eat here.”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

The staff are friendly and the food is always of a very high standard. A little gem of a cafe,the quality of the soups, sandwiches and in particular the cakes are of the highest order. It is no wonder that they are always busy.

Visited October 2013