Booked two rooms - one normal, one disabled for my 90 year old father. The normal room was fine. Hairs in the bath but otherwise ok. The disabled room was far from ok.
A disabled room should have ideally have a walk-in shower. At the very least there be grab bars to make getting into the bath for a shower a safe possibility for a disabled person. There was absolutely nothing whatsoever in room 100 to help a disabled person have a shower with any degree of safety. So my father did without.
There was again absolutely nothing to help a disabled person get up from the toilet - no rails, bars, handles. Nothing. A wheelchair user could not have used the bathroom at all.
The whole bathroom was an accident waiting to happen, and that room should not have been sold to us (or anyone else) as a disabled room.
I complained to the receptionist but she had no helpful suggestion to make.
We have stayed in Travelodges with better facilities, and more caring staff.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Doubletree Aberdeen City Centre
- Hilton International Aberdeen
- Patio Hotel Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Hotel Patio
- DoubleTree By Hilton Aberdeen City Centre Scotland