“Good Location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
“Good Location”
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel, and reception staff really welcoming on arrival, we also got a warm cookie on arrival which is a nice touch.

Rooms were nice, but could do with an update and a few repairs as the sink in our room was all cracked. We stayed in room 237 which had a high window that didn't have a shutter or a blind to close, so we were woken up at 4.30am with the sunlight coming on the window, myself and my partner were looking forward to our long lie as we had been out the night before, so we were dissapointed with this. The room was also noisy as it sounded like the heating was clicking on and off all night, so this kept waking us up through the night, this was very frustrating.

We have booked to come back again with another couple in July as its for their anniversary, and we were told by friends that this hotel was great, in my option based on our stay it could have been a lot better, so we hope our experience will be a lot better next time.

• Stayed May 2012
john_karwl_jackes01, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Guest,
It is always great to get constructive feedback from our guests something that the team on property can work with. I am looking forward to your return visit in July; please make me aware when you are going to arrive so I can have the pleasure of showing you the completed part of the refurbishment.
Being so close to the city centre and the beach gives our guests plenty to choose from, we are the only four star hotel within the city centre that offers a wonderful leisure club and ample parking on site. What most enjoy about the location of the hotel is the fantastic walks along the beach. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,
Regards
John

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
aberdeen
Reviewed 30 April 2012

In entering the elevator there was countless scratches and graffiti, On the first floor the walls were marked, scratched, dented and cracked, the carpet was an absolute disgrace throughout aswell. In entering my room the stench of cigarette smoke was overpowering and the amount of stains and rips all over the carpet was phenomenal, the room was far from clean and the bathroom was by far the worst, apart from being very dated, at least three tiles were broken, the paint was discoloured on the roof and sides, the sink was cracked and there were bad cigarette burns on the sink, the bath itself had discoloured seaIant and was badly stained, the toilet was very old and in a state of disrepair, with grime and dirt over the light switch.
I stay in Hiltons regularly, and stay in various hotels with business and on social occasions on a weekly basis. So much so that before checking in i joined the hilton honours club for the amount of times i frequent these hotels. I've been in "2 star" hotels in third world countries that have eclipsed this hotel.

In complaining at reception i was merely told that i should call them in advance and i would get a better room in future.
If the rooms are in such a dire state of disrepair they should not be charged out at all, let alone at full price!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
john_karwl_jackes01, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to make your feelings felt. It is difficult for me after you have checked out to be able to follow up on your allegations. However that said the hotel is going through an exciting time with the refurbishment of our classic bedrooms, this process is over 1/3 complete, I would also like to mention our new restrooms and the upgrade of the conference & event facilities within the Hotel. State of the art design furniture gives our clients a relaxing yet professional environment to hold any event, and this is just the beginning.
The team at the hotel work very hard to ensure that our guests satisfaction is met, yet sometimes I guess we may get it wrong, however errors can always be rectified, Please should you feel un happy with the service you receive ask for me directly or the Duty Manager, I hope you will come back to the DoubleTree by Hilton, Aberdeen City and give us another opportunity to show you we have the qualities in the hotel you as the guest is looking for,
John

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Reasonable hotel but certainly not 4 star as advertised. My partner and I stayed there last Saturday night and while the hotel is quite nice our room was rather tired in terms of decor. There was a crack in the wash hand basin and the seal between the bath and the wall tiling was discoloured.

The staff were quite nice and the food was adequate.

The word adequate just about describes this hotel with the exception of the " Arrival" cookies which were excellent !!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kieran1948
john_karwl_jackes01, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments on trip advisor. Listening to our clients is so important to us and as a result of what our clients have told us we are making progress through the hotel, by completing a phase at a time of our improvement plan, this has begun with our Classic rooms, we have also completed the public restrooms and from this we moved into the leisure club where we have improved the facilities to our shower rooms. Our improvement plan is ongoing, it’s like in your own house we get round the whole property and then think to ourselves I need to star over it is a never ending process, yet one we take at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Aberdeen City extremely seriously.

On your return visit please do ask for me or one of the management team who would be only to pleased to show you how we are developing.

Once again thank you for taking the time to feed back your thoughts on the DoubleTree by Hilton, Aberdeen City.

Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stay here regularly. I have stayed in the main hotel and the Platinum Club which is behind the main hotel. The main hotel is dated and the rooms are a little tired but clean and average for comfort. I always try and get a room in the Platinum Club as the rooms are modern, spacious and well equipped with very large and comfortable beds. Breakfast is included which is served in the reception area. Service is very good indeed. They always give you a warm cookie when you check into this hotel so that will put a smile on your face even if the weather in Aberdeen is grey and wet! Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Eatdrinkandbehappy
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments on trip advisor. The Platinum Club offers our guests that little bit more with wonderful rooms and a relaxing atmosphere. You mentioned the main building in your report the rooms are undergoing a fantastic refurbishment program by a team headed up by someone who has a passion and a vision of what our guests are looking for. On your next visit please do ask for me as I would be honoured to show you how we are making such progress.

aberdeen
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Yet again Hilton delivers an excellent hotel with superb rooms help full staff fantastic facilities

At reasonable prices will deffinatly stay there again

Room Tip: When staying in Aberdeen why go anywhere else all the rooms have at least double glazing with nice v...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for those kind words, the team and I are very proud of the Hotel, we feel we have so much to offer to our guests, from great location to a wonderful leisure club, what ever your stay we will always endevour to do our best by our guests. A big thank you from us all and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Aberdeen
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I had dined at this hotel twice and both times were a complete disaster so I was not looking forward to a private dinner we were attending. This time was different I am pleased to say. The staff were extremely friendly and tried their best to help. The food was lovely although a little more could have been done the presentation side. Once our order was in the food came quickly with no delays. We really enjoyed the whole night there. My only gripe was the house rose wine. Wasn't very nice but I know with some hotel chains they dont get the option to change.

I was disappointed in the toilet facilities as we had to use hotel rooms as there was a problem with their main toilets. Bit disappointed as the locks were not secure and men and women were using them. It wouldn't put me off going back though.

I was taken up to one of the bedrooms and they seemed nice but the bathroom seemed quite small. Although the housekeeping clearly had not hoovered the lobby carpet in quite a while as it was filthy.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jill F
john_karwl_jackes01, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Guest,
I am so pleased to hear your comments from your recent visit, this is a great tool for us to ensure we learn and make our guest experience one to remember. Can I please address the point you made concerning the toilets in the Hotel. We closed them off for a few days while we completed a full refurbishment, please drop in and see the finished product, I am really pleased with how they have turned out they are a testament to the team that worked on them.
The Classic Bedrooms and corridors are in the middle of a refurbishment program, again we are so pleased how the finished product is looking, I am more than happy to offer any site visits so that you can see how we have listened to what our guests wants and needs are and how we are delivering this.
The team at the hotel are working extremely hard to ensure that our guests are not disturbed in any way during the improvements, Please if you would like to come and visit the hotel to have a look around contact me directly.
John Karwl-Jackes
London
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed here with some trepidation having read a number of negative reviews after we had booked but I am glad to stay that the hotel was lovely. We stayed in the Platinum part with views out to the sea and the room itself was clean, comfortable and smart. What made our stay was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They really could not have done more from producing paper for my daughter's homework to explaining what was in the unusual local breakfast rolls (something to do with Robbie? Can't remember but delicious!). My only reservation is that because the platinum part does not have it's own kitchen, the breakfast bacon was not as nice as I had been expecting! We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words, the team at the DoubleTree by Hilton work hard to ensure our guests experience is one to remember. I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay in the Platinum Club this is a great offering with wonderful large rooms and with the some of the 1st and 2nd floor windows having great sea views this make it a relaxing place to stay.
I have passed on your kind words to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future,