“Platinum Club was great”

DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We had a huge, very comfortable and clean room in the Platinum Club wing. The Manager, John, was extremely friendly and gracious, making sure we had a room with a view of the beach. Can only speak from our experience, but the two nights we stayed here we had no complaints!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. Check in was 1 pm, but room only ready at 2 pm.
Room very average with very small TV and bathroom old fashioned and cleanliness very poor.

In the evening we decided to have dinner in the hotel restaurant and that was very disappointing. The food was cold and over cooked and we were served by an apprentice waiter who had to return 3 times to recall the food order that was placed.

The breakfast was a poor selection and not inviting, one morning there was no bowls for cereal and fruit and the waitress extremely slow to fetch more bowls for the buffet.

The area was boring and not within short walking distance of the central city.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mette V
john_karwl_jackes01, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Guest,
I was disappointed to hear you faced challenges while staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City, I and the team are always looking to hear from our guests so we can improve our client’s expectation.
Just to clarify the point you made concerning check in, without having your arrival date to be able to check the facts, I am guessing the hotel was full the night prior to your arrival, we do as a rule try to get our guests checked in as quickly as is possible, however we do advise guests on making a reservation that check in is from 2 pm.
If you would like to contact me directly concerning some of the point you raised so I can gain further information that will allow me to look into the matter further
Regards

Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel, and reception staff really welcoming on arrival, we also got a warm cookie on arrival which is a nice touch.

Rooms were nice, but could do with an update and a few repairs as the sink in our room was all cracked. We stayed in room 237 which had a high window that didn't have a shutter or a blind to close, so we were woken up at 4.30am with the sunlight coming on the window, myself and my partner were looking forward to our long lie as we had been out the night before, so we were dissapointed with this. The room was also noisy as it sounded like the heating was clicking on and off all night, so this kept waking us up through the night, this was very frustrating.

We have booked to come back again with another couple in July as its for their anniversary, and we were told by friends that this hotel was great, in my option based on our stay it could have been a lot better, so we hope our experience will be a lot better next time.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear Guest,
It is always great to get constructive feedback from our guests something that the team on property can work with. I am looking forward to your return visit in July; please make me aware when you are going to arrive so I can have the pleasure of showing you the completed part of the refurbishment.
Being so close to the city centre and the beach gives our guests plenty to choose from, we are the only four star hotel within the city centre that offers a wonderful leisure club and ample parking on site. What most enjoy about the location of the hotel is the fantastic walks along the beach. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,
Regards

Reviewed 30 April 2012

In entering the elevator there was countless scratches and graffiti, On the first floor the walls were marked, scratched, dented and cracked, the carpet was an absolute disgrace throughout aswell. In entering my room the stench of cigarette smoke was overpowering and the amount of stains and rips all over the carpet was phenomenal, the room was far from clean and the bathroom was by far the worst, apart from being very dated, at least three tiles were broken, the paint was discoloured on the roof and sides, the sink was cracked and there were bad cigarette burns on the sink, the bath itself had discoloured seaIant and was badly stained, the toilet was very old and in a state of disrepair, with grime and dirt over the light switch.
I stay in Hiltons regularly, and stay in various hotels with business and on social occasions on a weekly basis. So much so that before checking in i joined the hilton honours club for the amount of times i frequent these hotels. I've been in "2 star" hotels in third world countries that have eclipsed this hotel.

In complaining at reception i was merely told that i should call them in advance and i would get a better room in future.
If the rooms are in such a dire state of disrepair they should not be charged out at all, let alone at full price!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
john_karwl_jackes01, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to make your feelings felt. It is difficult for me after you have checked out to be able to follow up on your allegations. However that said the hotel is going through an exciting time with the refurbishment of our classic bedrooms, this process is over 1/3 complete, I would also like to mention our new restrooms and the upgrade of the conference & event facilities within the Hotel. State of the art design furniture gives our clients a relaxing yet professional environment to hold any event, and this is just the beginning.
The team at the hotel work very hard to ensure that our guests satisfaction is met, yet sometimes I guess we may get it wrong, however errors can always be rectified, Please should you feel un happy with the service you receive ask for me directly or the Duty Manager, I hope you will come back to the DoubleTree by Hilton, Aberdeen City and give us another opportunity to show you we have the qualities in the hotel you as the guest is looking for,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Reasonable hotel but certainly not 4 star as advertised. My partner and I stayed there last Saturday night and while the hotel is quite nice our room was rather tired in terms of decor. There was a crack in the wash hand basin and the seal between the bath and the wall tiling was discoloured.

The staff were quite nice and the food was adequate.

The word adequate just about describes this hotel with the exception of the " Arrival" cookies which were excellent !!!

1  Thank Kieran1948
john_karwl_jackes01, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments on trip advisor. Listening to our clients is so important to us and as a result of what our clients have told us we are making progress through the hotel, by completing a phase at a time of our improvement plan, this has begun with our Classic rooms, we have also completed the public restrooms and from this we moved into the leisure club where we have improved the facilities to our shower rooms. Our improvement plan is ongoing, it’s like in your own house we get round the whole property and then think to ourselves I need to star over it is a never ending process, yet one we take at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Aberdeen City extremely seriously.

On your return visit please do ask for me or one of the management team who would be only to pleased to show you how we are developing.

Once again thank you for taking the time to feed back your thoughts on the DoubleTree by Hilton, Aberdeen City.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stay here regularly. I have stayed in the main hotel and the Platinum Club which is behind the main hotel. The main hotel is dated and the rooms are a little tired but clean and average for comfort. I always try and get a room in the Platinum Club as the rooms are modern, spacious and well equipped with very large and comfortable beds. Breakfast is included which is served in the reception area. Service is very good indeed. They always give you a warm cookie when you check into this hotel so that will put a smile on your face even if the weather in Aberdeen is grey and wet! Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Eatdrinkandbehappy

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments on trip advisor. The Platinum Club offers our guests that little bit more with wonderful rooms and a relaxing atmosphere. You mentioned the main building in your report the rooms are undergoing a fantastic refurbishment program by a team headed up by someone who has a passion and a vision of what our guests are looking for. On your next visit please do ask for me as I would be honoured to show you how we are making such progress.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Yet again Hilton delivers an excellent hotel with superb rooms help full staff fantastic facilities

At reasonable prices will deffinatly stay there again

Room Tip: When staying in Aberdeen why go anywhere else all the rooms have at least double glazing with nice v...

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for those kind words, the team and I are very proud of the Hotel, we feel we have so much to offer to our guests, from great location to a wonderful leisure club, what ever your stay we will always endevour to do our best by our guests. A big thank you from us all and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards