I stayed here on business for one night, hotel is very nice, modern rooms and a free upgrade to platinum room was very much appreciated. However I decided to dine in the main hotel bar, I guess I should have realised all was not well with the bar having only 1 person in it at 21.30 on a week day evening. I selected a "Double" Burger with twice fried chips from the menu, having eaten Hilton burgers before I thought I knew what to expect. How wrong I was, when the burger arrived it was a single burger in a standard burger bun, I checked the menu and again noticed it stated "Double" burger so I questioned the waitress who went away and came back and explained that it was a mistake on the menu and I had the correct dish. I remarked that I though this was rather misleading, the waitress agreed with me smiled and dissappeared. I ate the food, it was a very avergae burger, medium to well done but almost cold, very small salad was acceptable, however the chips were somewhat greasy. When I went to the bar to pay I again bought up with the barman that I thought the description was very misleading, he said that the "Double" on the menu was a reference to "Doubletree" and that they would look to change the description. Now for the real shocker, the price, £16.95 for a very mediocre single burger in a bun with a few chips and very small salad. Compare this to a burger at the bar at the Hilton Craigendarroch not 45 miles away at I believe around £6.20 or if you want a burger experience of the highest quality visit the Malmaison in Aberdeen where a top class burger costs £14.95. I do not mind paying high prices for really good food but I was extremely dissapointed with the meal I had. I think that nearly £17.00 for a burger and chips is way over the top especially when other establishments of a higher quality rating in the same town are charging significantly less for a far better product. This hotel could do so much better, why not charge a few pounds less for a product as described on the menu and one which patrons might return to experience again in the future.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Doubletree Aberdeen City Centre
- Hilton International Aberdeen
- Patio Hotel Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Hotel Patio
- DoubleTree By Hilton Aberdeen City Centre Scotland