This hotel is well-located for the beach attractions, but that's about it. Although my room had been recently refurbished (flat screen TV, dark wood) the bathroom looked like it had been preserved from the 1970s. The bath enamel was chipped, and the washbasin was cracked. There was free wireless internet in the atrium, but it was very slow (around 0.3Mb/s—about what I used to get with dial-up ten years ago) even though no-one else was using it at the time. The bottled beer was not cold (I would estimate around 7 or 8 degrees). The bartender told me that this was the temperature at which they kept their beer (I was reminded of the story of Asterix in England who was told to drink his beer before it got cold). And despite three attempts, at breakfast, I still couldn't get tea that didn't look like dishwater. That said, the breakfast spread was good, with haggis and black pudding as well as the usual breakfast meats. I can't imagine this is the best Aberdeen has to offer, and will go out of my way to stay somewhere else next time.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Doubletree Aberdeen City Centre
- Hilton International Aberdeen
- Patio Hotel Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Hotel Patio
- DoubleTree By Hilton Aberdeen City Centre Scotland