We booked a 'premium' room as we were visiting our friends who were on a 50th birthday weekend only to discover that there are 2 parts to this hotel. The 'classic' side which is definitely NOT 4 *. We were allocated a room overlooking the main atrium right above the main function room - what a nightmare!! Weddings had been booked for both nights we were there. No thought whatsoever to guests who have travelled quite a far distance and the fact they may need to sleep? Surely common sense would dictate that party guests are allocated those rooms as they're the least likely to be disturbed by party noise as they are attending the party?!
First impression on leaving the lift was awful. Marks on the wall and holes in the carpets. To be fair the hotel were in the process of refurbishing and just our luck the following day we had NO lobby carpets just sticky floors where contractors had taken the carpets up.
Shortage of staff is an issue. We were kept waiting at breakfast to be allocated a table and even once we were seated had to get our own hot drinks. To be fair the few staff that were on tried as hard as they could to keep up with demand.
Although charged over £110 for this 4* room apart from the horrendous location we were met with air conditioner unit hanging off the wall and a cracked sink.
After complaining several times to reception we were met with very unhelpful reception staff no one was bothered or tried to help. I have never come across anything like it before just complete disinterest.
Our friends who HAD been allocated all their rooms in the 4* platinum suites were equally shocked at the difference in attitudes between both sides.
Although it was wonderful weekend and we enjoyed a special time with our friends I felt our weekend had been severely tainted by the unhelpful ness of the staff and the noise from the function room on the two nights we were there.
The hotel is ideally suited for the beach and all it's facilities as previous reviews have stated but would I stay there again ? Definitely not!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Doubletree Aberdeen City Centre
- Hilton International Aberdeen
- Patio Hotel Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Hotel Patio
- DoubleTree By Hilton Aberdeen City Centre Scotland