DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Carmelite(Aberdeen)
Jurys Inn(Aberdeen)
Station Hotel(Aberdeen)
1,493 results
All reviewsplatinum clubplatinum roomwarm cookiesdouble treeon arrivalsea viewretail parkbeach boulevardcity centrethe main hotelseparate buildingan upgradejunior suitehuge bedsteam roomreception staffbuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I stayed here recently at a cost of £175 per night (NOT including breakfast which was £10 extra) and if pushed I would say it is never ever worth that kind of money - however I was staying in a suite which was large, comfortable and with all you could ask for in terms of toiletries, complimentary mineral water, iron, board, big tv, oh and you're greeted at reception with a warm cookie.....? Strange but welcome. So far so good. However, it is not an ideal location being 10 mins drive into town, my shower didn't work which really annoyed me but as they are currently modernising the hotel I was asked to excuse this fact when I pointed it out. I was informed I could have requested to be moved to another room.......at 06:30? I don't think so. The breakfast was ok, nothing special at all and not included in the £175 price. I didn't getto use the wider facilities which is where I can only assume the hotel makes its name. Oh, last thought, the heating comes on automatically upon entering the room which led to a particularly uncomfortable sleep - be sure to switch it off if like me you prefer a cool room.

Room Tip: I would say book a suite as they are spacious and well supplied but boy do you pay for them! Anywhere else ex London and this room is £125 a night B&B instead of £185.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
john_karwl_jackes01, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Dear Guest
I really enjoyed reading your feedback and your thoughts on the hotel, the hotel is very special and our suites even more so. I have looked into all the workings of the showers and from our maintenance records there was a new shower head replaced recently, so I am guessing that was from you kindly pointing this out to the team on property.
The hotel offers so much to both the leisure and corporate traveller and the location even more so. I do hope you come back and visit us again.
Kind Regards

John

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Booked a lovely room in the platinum club. Great sized room, huge comfy bed & huge flat screen tv. Pool area is a little tired with the tiniest sauna ever & the jacuzzi was out of use. However pool was a decent size & a lovely temperature. We will be back I'm sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank andypandy99
Reviewed 18 November 2012

...there was nothing really wrong about it but nothing really good about it.
It is all in need of a refurbishment and lacking in any sort of presence. This you can also say about the breakfast !!.....for the money not worth it but this is often the case in Aberdeen

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2012

On arrival it all looks nice, however what lies beneath the glossy facade and choc chip cookies is a hotel that is poor on every level.

Check-in - I get a room on the ground floor but the key doesn't work so back to reception. I try again, same thing so once again back to reception but this time I have to wait 20 minutes for a locksmith to arrive and sort out the door.

Health club - after seeing what appears to be a well equipped gym I decided to give it a go. At least 50% of running machines were out of service, same with the bikes and those that did work were clunky and required some maintenance. Undetered I headed back to the pool area. It was smelly, the jacuzzi was out of order, one sauna was broken and the steam room had a strange smell. Ohh dear, ohh dear things are not good at this hotel.

After a pleasant enough sleep only disturbed by atrium noise it was time for check out. Should have been easy enough but no the printer wasn't working. Another 10 minute wait whilst the girl try in vain to get a printer to work, finally giving up and offering to email my receipt. I gratefully accept and get out of there as quickly as possible. What has happened to the famous Hilton service?? I won't be staying again or organising any conferences there in the future. Must try harder!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Donniebruce
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed between 7- 9 Nov 2012 , I booked almost 2 months earlier , but when I arrived I was given Romm # 200 which was extremely dirty , designed for handicap and in awful status , I returned back and requested changing the room and only after I escalated the issue I was promised another room the next day which happened but what made me even more furious was that the new room is renovated ( same as all rooms except room 200 ) and whenever I remember how all the night shift front office staff treated me like I am not reasonable and overreacting I get more frustrated .... this nonprofessional attitude from the staff was extremely rude but to be fair the following day the morning front office staff were much better and apologetic in their attitude

Room Tip: Avoid room 200
Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business