DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
US$79
US$76
US$119
US$102
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$67
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$62
  • Restaurant
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$61
US$84
PremierInn.com
US$210
US$189
1,490 results
All reviewsplatinum clubplatinum roomwarm cookiesdouble treeon arrivalsea viewretail parkbeach boulevardcity centrethe main hotelseparate buildingan upgradejunior suitehuge bedsteam roomreception staffbuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel due to the pool and gym, although some of the rooms are tired and the hotel is currently in a state of refurbishment I found the staff to be attentive and personable. The reception staff and in particular the Greek lady who booked me in we're a credit to the hotel.

I am now booked in for the foreseeable future as I found the food and staff very good in terms of quality and service, I am sure there are better hotels in Aberdeen but overall I am more than happy to stay here due to the service and welcome I get each week when I arrive. Keep up the good work guys..

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Gavin C, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Jcbaxi

Thanks for your positive comments, and I'm glad to hear that our staff have looked after you well. It's always encouraging to hear, and I'll certainly pass on your comments to them. Our refurbishment of the public areas is almost complete, and we are continuing with the upgrading of our Classic bedrooms. Thanks again for your review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Stayed for four nights in the Platinum Suites, and had a couple of problems. The room was absolutely freezing which made my partner unable to sleep and made him grouchy. Had to sleep in his dressing down. They did eventually upgrade our room type to a duplex suite. Over breakfast on the first morning I found a long hair in it. Told staff who just shrugged, then eventually said sorry. The rest of the staff are brilliant, friendly and will go out of their way to help. Located close to a leisure and retail park, the beach and only ten min walk into town. Don't think we will stay again, but still one of the best hotels in Aberdeen. The cookie is a Great welcome!!

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear StevenMurphy7

Thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us, and for the positive feedback regarding the staff; they will be delighted to hear your comments. However, I'm sorry for the issues you had with breakfast and the temperature of your room, but pleased that we managed to resolve things to your satisfaction on the day. We hope you will stay again and see the soon-to-be-completed refurbishment of our public areas in the main hotel. Finally, we're glad you enjoyed the cookie. It's our DoubleTree signature and the most important part of our warm welcome!

Reviewed 17 January 2013

My stay at the Doubletrees was a last minute thing and the hotel was booked by phone on the drive up to Aberdeen. At £150 per night the room (without breakfast) was not cheap but I took it as I didn't have the time or opportunity to shop around and thought a Hilton would be a safe bet. As it turned out, on arrival you could not but notice that the entire entrance hall was overtaken by the massive renovations, nothing about which had been said to me on the phone when I reserved the room. This more than spoilt the atmosphere in the bar. The ground floor toilets were out of use, and when I followed the signs to the temporary toilets on the first floor, I found them to be locked, which was useless. As for the room, it was clean and the bed large and comfortable. The television did not work and I had to call reception to have it fixed. This happened promptly, but overall the impression I had of the hotel was one where things were simply not working as they should be. I was very annoyed that I had not been told about the renovations as I feel this would have been a much fairer basis upon which to sell the room. Needless to say I will not be rushing back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Gavin C, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear Jody027

Sorry to hear that you were not informed about our renovations when you called. Of course your should have been told, and we have managed to inform the vast majority of our guests either by phone or email. We have tried to keep any disruption to a minimum during the refurbishment, and have provided alternative facilities, such as access to the Platinum Club bar and lounge during this time, as well as free internet access to all guests. Despite your misgivings due to the refurbishment, we will very shortly have brand new public areas in a warm and contemporary style, and I hope you will visit us again to see the improvements we have made.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

each person likes or dislikes a hotel for different reasons. For me, I want the hotel to be quiet, cool in the summer, pleasant in the winter and it has to be clean and comfortable. If it has a good location it is even better!
This hotel ticks all MY points. Stayed in both the older rooms and the Platinum ones and I must agree with previous review; the older rooms are a bit outdated. BUT the platinum ones are really comfortable; yes the windows open, comfortable bed, decent bathroom.
Staff is friendly and ready to help

I love this hotel as well, because it is near the beaches. I like to run outdoors and it is so convenient to do so. Even if you like just to go out for a walk, it gives you all kind of opportunities. The city with all of its shops is just 15 minutes walk away from the hotel but just 5 minutes away is a huge entertainment complex with loads of restaurants, a small shopping centre and a cineplex.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Dear terrencets

Many thanks for your review, and I'm very pleased to hear that you like our Hotel. You mentioned many positives and I have to agree that we are in an ideal location. We do also have a friendly team, and they will be delighted to hear your comments. Regarding the Classic bedrooms, the refurbishment of these rooms is almost complete, and I hope you will notice a difference next time you stay.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Stayed here on 28 to 31 December in the Platinum Club (room 601).

The hotel is always very friendly and remember you (from wait staff to front desk). Nothing is too much trouble.

Rooms are excellent and it is nice waking up to sea view.

Only downside is breakfast which never looks very appealing. It is not a usual Hilton breakfast (i,e, cheapest sausages).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
john_karwl_jackes01, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Guest,
Walking along the beach is a great experience here in Aberdeen and I am pleased you managed to get the chance to do that.
I will pass on your kind words to the team as they work hard for your recognition. The platinum Club serves up a great breakfast, having its own chef working the buffet and cooking eggs to order really helps to ensure the guest receives what they are looking for, I will pass on your thoughts regarding the sausages however these are a brand standard yet if you can kindly let me know what you have had and where we will certainly look at other options.
Thank you for your constructive advice.
Regards