DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Carmelite(Aberdeen)
Jurys Inn(Aberdeen)
Station Hotel(Aberdeen)
1,491 results
All reviewsplatinum clubplatinum roomwarm cookiesdouble treeon arrivalsea viewretail parkbeach boulevardcity centrethe main hotelseparate buildingan upgradejunior suitehuge bedsteam roomreception staffbuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The doubletree is old, dirty, dated and much need of a makeover. Apart from reception the staff were surly and unhelpful. I thought Breakfast may be a redeeming part of the stay but it was greasy and more often than not I had to wait for more food for 10 mins+
I normally stay at the Mal Maison in Aberdeen which was full on this occasion. There is no comparison.
I would avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Dear guests, I am disappointed that a number of aspects of your visit did not meet your expectation; I have taken your comment on board and will share your feedback with my team and needless to say we will be addressing all the issues you brought up and customer service training will be our priority.

Just on the note of dated- Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen has recently gone through a massive refurbishment of bedrooms with only 6 bedrooms left to go and I urge you to visit again to see the standards Doubletree by Hilton are truly capable of.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Good location, clean rooms and excellent value for money, however, we may have chose a bad weekend to visit due to a fun run. The road to the hotel was diverted, we were woken very early on the Sunday morning by loud speakers right outside our room and we couldn't get out of the car park until after 10.15am as the road was closed. Wish we had been told of the fun run when we booked !!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback Sandra, I am sorry to hear the noise of loud speaker had disturbed your sleep early in the morning. Unfortunately the run was something we had no control on including the timings as we were ourselves informed about it few days before the scheduled day, we did put signs in the hotel to inform all our guests regarding the same. However I am very pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

This hotel is in a good location, close to town and beach and a few good concert venues. So, ideal. The accommodation is relatively typical of a modern (10 year old) building, so lacks character but is functional. The rooms are big enough, unlike many newer hotels. There is a pool, which is a big plus for me. Only real downside for me was the lack of choice at the breakfast buffet, that said, the staff did say if you want anything just ask... All in all and very pleasant stay from a return 10 years later. Final point, the tick boxes do not allow for 'good' only average or very good. I have ticked very good, as I feel the place is above average.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We didn't stay here so we can't comment about the rooms. We did however make the mistake of dining here because we were in a hurry and it was the closest hotel to our venue.

The reception area was cold and completely lacked atmosphere. When we walked in, the reception staff didn't even attempt to make eye contact which we thought was terrible for a Hilton Hotel. It had a very poorly laid out foyer, cold & clinical and the restaurant (just off this area) lacked any of the ambiance or initmacy you would expect in a good restaurant, especially one which was over charging for very average bland food.

Dispite being in a rush we had to ask twice for our drinks as well. So, over all, a disappointing experience. Think twice - there's nicer restaurants, nicer venues in Aberdeen.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for your comment Heather, please accept my apologies that everything was not to your complete satisfaction on this occasion, I will be certain to share your experience and comment with my team. I hope that we get an opportunity to serve you again so that we can reinstate your faith in us and show what we really capable of. Once again thank you for sharing your feedback with us

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Both my self and my boyfriend were booked in to the Double Tree in Aberdeen as we were attending a ball there. We were over the moon to receive a free upgrade to the Platinum Club, which came with a free mini bar, a larger room, two free drinks from any one of the bars in the hotel and free wifi etc. The event itself went very smoothly, despite the organisers (NOT THE HOTEL'S FAULT) failing to put us on the guest list and thus when we arrived, meals and seats were not available. However, the hotel staff quickly amended these faults and had we not been told, we would have been none the wiser. Over all an excellent stay and would highly recommend you pay a visit (even if just for the delicious cookie!)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback Zoe, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and grateful that you took the time to comment on Trip advisor. Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

General Manger