“Return Visit”

Ranked #22 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
“Return Visit”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This hotel is in a good location, close to town and beach and a few good concert venues. So, ideal. The accommodation is relatively typical of a modern (10 year old) building, so lacks character but is functional. The rooms are big enough, unlike many newer hotels. There is a pool, which is a big plus for me. Only real downside for me was the lack of choice at the breakfast buffet, that said, the staff did say if you want anything just ask... All in all and very pleasant stay from a return 10 years later. Final point, the tick boxes do not allow for 'good' only average or very good. I have ticked very good, as I feel the place is above average.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We didn't stay here so we can't comment about the rooms. We did however make the mistake of dining here because we were in a hurry and it was the closest hotel to our venue.

The reception area was cold and completely lacked atmosphere. When we walked in, the reception staff didn't even attempt to make eye contact which we thought was terrible for a Hilton Hotel. It had a very poorly laid out foyer, cold & clinical and the restaurant (just off this area) lacked any of the ambiance or initmacy you would expect in a good restaurant, especially one which was over charging for very average bland food.

Dispite being in a rush we had to ask twice for our drinks as well. So, over all, a disappointing experience. Think twice - there's nicer restaurants, nicer venues in Aberdeen.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you for your comment Heather, please accept my apologies that everything was not to your complete satisfaction on this occasion, I will be certain to share your experience and comment with my team. I hope that we get an opportunity to serve you again so that we can reinstate your faith in us and show what we really capable of. Once again thank you for sharing your feedback with us

Hemant

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

ABERDEEN, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Both my self and my boyfriend were booked in to the Double Tree in Aberdeen as we were attending a ball there. We were over the moon to receive a free upgrade to the Platinum Club, which came with a free mini bar, a larger room, two free drinks from any one of the bars in the hotel and free wifi etc. The event itself went very smoothly, despite the organisers (NOT THE HOTEL'S FAULT) failing to put us on the guest list and thus when we arrived, meals and seats were not available. However, the hotel staff quickly amended these faults and had we not been told, we would have been none the wiser. Over all an excellent stay and would highly recommend you pay a visit (even if just for the delicious cookie!)

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback Zoe, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and grateful that you took the time to comment on Trip advisor. Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

General Manger
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This is a nice hotel, in a great location for Aberdeen beach, across the road from, Codonas, Satrosphere and next to Transition Extreme ( all great places to take the kids). The hotel reception is pleasant and staff were helpful on check-in , bedrooms are spacious in the premier club.
Now for the negative! We ordered room service kids meals, chicken fillets and hot dog with fries they quoted a 20 minute delivery, which was great as we have a child with diabetes after 30 minutes we called again to be told it would be another 10 minutes, after 25 minutes we called again. Finally it was on it's way! So 1 hour later food arrived, now if they had told me it was going to take this long we would have walked the short distance to one of the restaurants at the
beach. We visited the swimming pool it was nice with a very helpful young man On duty.
We had the buffet breakfast, the restaurant/ staff really let this hotel down, very disorganised, jt wasn't particularly busy no one seems to know what they are doing, tables are left overflowing with dirty plates whilst empty tables being cleared, their time would have been better served looking after their customers. They ran out of eggs, which when replacements arrived could only be described as flat and rubbery...we asked for coffee which took about 15 mins to arrive, not the most relaxing start to our day. I would recommend for location but not eat there again.

Room Tip: Might be worth paying the extra to stay in Platinum rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us here at Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen and I will be certain to share your comments regarding Restaurant and room service experience with my Restaurant Manager to address the training needs within the department / team, please accept my sincerely apologies for obvious inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience and I look forward welcoming you back to Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We booked a platinum room (2nd time we've stayed here) could not fault anything!! the room was a generous size with excellent views across the beach. The soft drinks & chocs in the mini bar were complimentary!!..Can't wait to go again,worth the extra everytime.

Room Tip: we had room 509, with views across the beach
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent feedback Gordieloon, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Doubletree by Hilton in Aberdeen and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Loanhead
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The service, food were 1st class the staff were excellent from checking in to dining in the restaurant or the Atrium Bar. We stayed in the Platinum Suite was above and beyond what we expected. We will be back when we can. Keep up the good work.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear guest, thank you for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Doubletree by Hilton in Aberdeen and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Mostly the hotel is good. I did not find the staff rude - in fact they were very helpful.
The hotel is not really that old - but it is showing signs of being well used. The toilet roll dispenser had the central shaft missing - and one light did not work. (ROOM 218 if anyone from Hilton reads this).
The bar meal was very good - so was breakfast. The only problem (very slight!!) was that I had to ask for coffee twice before it was delivered. I guess the staff got distracted by something else.

Room Tip: If you book through the Hilton website & ask for an optional upgrade & go for a Diamond room...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear James, thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at Doubletree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, I will certainly share your feedback with my staff and I am grateful that you took the time to comment in such detail, and thank you for letting me know about maintenance issue in room 218
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon