“Granite City Break”

Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Granite City Break”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We enjoyed an excellent weekend stay in the Doubletree Hotel which is ideally located close to city centre and to the beach boulevard,. The reception staff were welcoming and immediately handed over an envelope which had been left for me along with two hot cookies for our consumption. On this occasion we only had breakfast in the hotel but this was of a high standard and on both mornings we got very good service especially from Inma. Our room on the first floor was spacious and comfortable but there was some external noise as it was immediately over a storage area.
The coffee bar service was prompt and the young lady in charge was friendly and helpful.
All round the staff were a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gavin C, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thanks for your review, jerryattrick, and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your weekend stay with us. It's always a pleasure for us to receive such positive comments, and I'll make sure that your feedback is passed on to Inma and the rest of the team. Thanks for your continued loyalty, and we hope to see you again soon. Best regards. Gavin.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights. Still not able to believe that this a hotel maintained and run by Hilton chain. Rooms are old and lacking any style. I stayed in the Premier Bedroom. The room was dark and dingy. The bathroom didn't have a proper shower, the hand shower had to be adjusted to be used as shower. The breakfast was absolutely minimal, same menu throughout the week and average taste. To add to all this the internet was down for 3 days. I had to sit in the lobby to access internet. They kept working on the problem for 3 days !! It was really annoying to not have internet access in the rooms.
I still cant believe that I paid such a high price for this hotel. Disappointed to say the least. To be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Suddu85. Thanks for taking the time to write your review, and I'm sorry that not everything was to your satisfaction.

Regarding the internet, it sounds like there was an isolated problem in your room, as the lobby internet was working, and had we known at the time, this could have been resolved.

Our Premier rooms are decorated in a traditional style, and I know this is not everyone's preference. We hope you will try one of our Classic or Platinum bedrooms next time, which are decorated in a more contemporary style, and hope you will have a much better experience. Thanks again for your feedback. Gavin.

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Booked a room via 3rd party, paid £110 for a family room. Two woman and a child. Long story short room was of low standard, z-bed was not even able to be slept on, bathroom looked old and dirty.

Complaint passed to Manager but they said room was upgraded 18 months ago and z-beds checked and that this room was one of the better rooms they have as it was a corner room.

So my advice, if that was a upgraded room and it was still below the standard of a Travel Lodge, don't stay! The manager has offered me a upgrade next time I stay but they would have to pay me to stay there again.

Thankfully the third party have offered me a refund. I can see by the reviews here that I'm not alone with my thoughts of the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else
1 Thank charlottes-mammy
Dear charlottes-mammy. Thank you for your review, and I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations when you stayed. You have already been in touch, and we have taken your feedback on board. As mentioned at the time of booking, this room was not a family room (with super-king bed and sofa bed), but a standard room with a z-bed as per your request.

We receive many positive comments about the standard of our refurbished rooms, and therefore I do hope you will accept our offer of an upgrade so that we will have another chance to look after you and change your perceptions. Best regards. Gavin.
Brora, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Great special offers for stays at the weekends. The pool is great and location perfect if you are bringing a dog. Big Comfy beds, helpful staff, plenty of free parking. Good choice of movies and wifi available!

• Stayed February 2014
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear ELEMGEE, thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to hear such positive comments about the hotel and its facilities. I certainly agree it is a great location if you have a dog as we are located on the beach front. I will share your comments with the whole team who will be delighted to hear that. We do often have Getaway deals on our doubletree.com website, which offer excellent value for money, and we hope you’ll book one again soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for one night with my Mother for a Birthday treat, found the Hotel to be excellent, staff friendly and facillities were as expected to a high standard. The spa was rto a high standard and the massage. we both received as part of our package was just bliss.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you Lorraine G for reviewing your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that the spa facilities were of a high standard. Glad to hear your massage was bliss and I will pass on your feedback to the Spa Manager so that she can share this with her team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

fife
Reviewed 27 April 2014

First room was dark and dingy. Upgraded room was OK. Paid for a sea view and I could see the sea but rest of the view was disappointing. Would not have felt safe walking around the area at night. On the plus side the staff were very helpful and friendly. It was close to Aberdeen Sports Village which was where we were going . Not sure I would go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear victoria r, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am disappointed to hear of issues you raised during your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that the Travellers Camp may have caused during your stay, escpecially the view from your room. We unfortunately have no control over when they arrive but we are in constant contact with the Police and Local Council throughout their stay. I can confirm that they have now moved from this area. On a more positive note, I am pleased to hear that you found our staff helpful and friendly and will pass on your feedback to them. Once again, thanks for your feedback and I hope this will not deter you from visiting us again.

Edinburgh
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel is not to far from the city centre and is only about a fifteen minute stroll away, good parking is available, the breakfast and evening meal were very good as was the room, the staff were very efficient , there is a nice lounge by the restaurant which was very good, I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: I had a room on the second floor which can be reached by a lift, the room was ideal although we had...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Danermag, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the breakfast and lunch very good. I will share this with our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager who will be delighted to hear that. I was especially pleased to hear that you found our staff efficient and I'll make sure that I pass on your feedback to the team. Once again, thanks for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back.