I stayed in one the Platinum rooms which were pleasant and well-appointed, large bed and a view to the beach.
I stayed again in one of the rooms in the main building. The room was like a prison cell with a small window high up so that there was very little natural light in the room. The furniture was tired and worn. It was dark and miserable. Just depressing. There were photocopied signs up everywhere throughout the building
"Do not use this door - it is a fire exit"
"Do not touch the air conditioning"
"Do not use the spa-pool if.. "
"No-one is allowed to"
which made you feel like you were in a prison rather than a valued guest in a hotel
There was only one member of staff on reception - meaning long waits to do simple things
The pool and gym were left unattended at times which I would not have thought was a good idea - particularly when kids might be there (when I left the pool, the member of staff on duty walked away behind me leaving it unattended even though other guests were still in the facilities)
Every where I went I was made to feel unwelcome - the hotel felt totally mean-spirited - for example they told an HHonors Gold member (in front of me) not to touch the hot food at breakfast as he wasn't entitled to it
There was no evidence of Scottish hospitality anywhere.
The Welcome to the Doubletree Aberdeen brochure (in the rooms) saying welcome from the team contained photos that clearly were from different hotels (the photos had a different city in the background)
This is probably one of the most miserable hotels in the Hilton chain. I would avoid at all costs
I sat in my hotel room wishing I was anywhere ANYWHERE but there. I couldn't wait to get away. Which was a shame as the local beach was great and Aberdeen is a grand city.
Nasty hotel. Nasty attitude. Avoid
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Doubletree Aberdeen City Centre
- Hilton International Aberdeen
- Patio Hotel Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Hotel Patio
- DoubleTree By Hilton Aberdeen City Centre Scotland