DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$77
  • Restaurant
Aberdeen Marriott Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$92
US$84
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Restaurant
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$57
US$200
US$112
US$99
US$88
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$73
US$82
PremierInn.com
1,506 results
All reviewsplatinum clubplatinum roomwarm cookiesdouble treeon arrivalsea viewretail parkbeach boulevardcity centrethe main hotelseparate buildingan upgradejunior suitehuge bedsteam roomreception staffbuffet breakfast
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a lovely 3 night stay. We arrived on Friday afternoon and were told we were booked into the Platinum Club. This is a seperate building with it's own reception and bar. On arrival we were welcomed with a warm cookie which was very tasty and also given a voucher to get a complimentary drink in the bar later. We were given room 606 which overlooked the sea. The room was lovely and very large, the bathroom was a bit on the small side but was clean. We had a kingsize bed which was really comfy. The tv was about a 42in. In the room there was also a iron and ironing board, a safe and a fridge which had a few complimentary drinks in it and were re filled daily. The only negative about the room was the hairdryer. It reminded me of being abroad and seemed to be a cheaper option. I recommend anyone take their own. The bar in the Platinum Club is quite small and only holds a few brands and no draught beer. I think this is because most people go over to the main bar. It was still nice to have a drink in there and use our voucher. The main bar is nice and the prices of the drinks are what you would expect of a hotel. The prices on the bar menu seem expensive however when we got our meal it was lovely and well worth it. We never had breakfast or ate in the dining room so can not comment on that. I can honestly say that all of the staff were lovely but it seems a shame there isnt more locally employed staff working there. We will definetly be back and thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Would recommend the Platinum Club was really quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you Gemma B, for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had a lovely weekend stay in our Platinum Club. I will certainly make sure I pass on your comments with the whole team who will be delighted to hear that.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton, Aberdeen City Centre in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Arrived Friday 16th of May got a hot cookie on arrival booked in really easy we got a room 254 above front door bit noisy when window was opened had a not bad view, room lovely and clean except a crack in bathroom sink, breakfast was great expect for the sausage's were disgusting, went for a swim sauna and steam room changing room a bit dated but we enjoyed our stay my friend's where in room 236 one window really dark inside and looked out to a side view of the other building. we were in a classic room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you Mary C, thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in your classic room. I am sorry for the crack in the sink, we are in the process of updating the bathrooms in the classic rooms and room 254 has still to be done. Thanks again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The hotel can be good or bad having stayed numerous times. The platinum club is nice and the hotel is very good at trying to upgrade diamond guests. It is also quite a relaxing area and only 10 minutes walk from the city centre. However, they have now decided to charge Diamond guests for hot breakfast (and the continental selection is poor and the hot not amazing), The hotel will fall back on saying it is brand standards (basically doing minimum). However no other Hilton follows the same policy and most doubletrees also do the same (eg heathrow reversed it after complaints online). Trouble is the hotel relies on oil people who are on expenses. As an aside they do give a drinks voucher, although there is no exec lounge. Perhaps more frustrating is that the gm who replies on here tried to fob me off with his pa and despite repeated requests, never bothered to reply or make contact! With over 180 nights last year to the Hilton brand - clearly loyalty doesn't worry him. There are good points about the hotel but for a more balanced and less up and down stay, I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn (and which has excellent reviews on here).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear bikevail09, thank your for reviewing your recent stay on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy staying in the Platinum Club when we are able to upgrade you. With regards your feedback about breakfast, we are constantly working to maintain and improve the breakfast experience for our guests, We currently exceed the DoubleTree standard in terms of the number of buffet items offered and I am sorry if this did not meet you expectations. We do appreciate your feedback however, as we are always trying to improve what we do and I hope you will have the chance to stay again.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

With no air con and, in several rooms, not even a window to open, combined with a bed specially designed to make you as hot as possible once you're in it, you will, at best, sleep until 2am when you will wake up hotter than you've ever felt before in your life and will then have no chance of getting back to sleep. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here last Friday and Saturday for bed and breakfast. I was a little bit concerned about some of the negative comments I had read on tripadvisor about the hotel, however, as we have stayed here before we chose to ignore these remarks. From the time we checked in until the time we checked out I have to say we could not fault the customer service from the staff. Our standard room was maybe a bit small but the housekeeping staff kept it very clean. At breakfast each morning we were given a very warm welcome, the food was well cooked and plenty of it. This hotel does not charge for car parking. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to Union Street.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Tug61, thank you for reviewing your stay on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and the kind words you say about the staff, I’ll be sure to share this with them. Thanks once again, and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.