“Breakfast let down”

Ranked #22 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Breakfast let down”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hotel itself fine and in a good location. Room very comfortable BUT breakfast really poor. We have found the same in several Hiltons. The hot food was cold and had obviously been standing there for some time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you Elizabeth S, for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy the location of the hotel and you found your room to be comfortable. I am disappointed to hear your comments with regards breakfast, as this is not the service we aim to deliver to our guests and I apologise for this. I have shared your feedback with our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager to look at improvements that can be made.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Hemant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Always stay at this hotel because of convenience to city centre and beach and friendliness of staff. Although quite small has good facilities and I always stay here when conducting business in Aberdeen

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you A R, for reviewing your recent business stay. It is really pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I thank you for your continued loyalty. I will be sure to share your feedback with the whole team who will be delighted to hear your comments.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our initial impression of the hotel was good. We were given a cookie each when we checked n and the staff member was very pleasant. The room we were given was an internal room and had a window into the internal courtyard which meant it was very dark. As we had paid for the room through a deal we figured that they put everyone who has received a discount on the room into an internal room. There is also no water (or kettle or anything really) provided in your room. we were out for the evening and returned after 11pm. when we got back a wedding was in full swing directly below our room. It was ridiculously noisy so we requested to change room and relocated to a room on the next floor up which was much quieter. it also had a window to the outdoors - woohoo! However, the duvet cover had a stain on it. Given how tired we were and that we had already relocated we just accepted this and went to sleep. We went for a swim in the morning which was also a disappointment as the pool was far too hot to swim in. The steam room didn't steam and the sauna door didn't close - the water bucket was also empty. Overall, it was a pretty disappointing break. if you do stay here i recommend you ask for a second floor room and ask for a room with an external window (though if you have children then be aware that the windows can be opened right up and have no safety catch on them). And bring bottles of water with you. Hopefully they will improve these aspects of the hotel.

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise from wedding events etc. Be aware that some rooms look into the intern...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jenni R, thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear your comments about your room. All our rooms have a tray with tea/coffee located within the bottom drawer and I apologise if you did not realise it was there. The classic room which you were allocated overlooked the Atrium. We do have rooms which overlook the exterior of the hotel, and I am glad we were able to relocate you to one of these. I can confirm that the room you were given was not a reflection of who you booked through or the deal you paid. The room you had booked was a classic room and this was the room you were allocated on arrival. I am sorry if this was not up to your expectations.

I have shared your feedback with regards the issues you mention in the Leisure Club to our Leisure Club Manager to investigate and, I apologise for any inconvenience this many have caused.

Please be assured we will take action on your comments and I hope if you have a chance to visit again you will see the improvements we have made.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Hemant

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great hotel. Room was very pleasant and comfortable. Tea and coffee in a drawer. Over looked bar but did not have any problems with noise.

Catch 727 from Aberdeen Airport. Get off at Union Square, ask anyone where Union Street is and it is about a 10 minute walk to Hotel. If baggage is heavy catch 15 bus. Try and get a map of Aberdeen before you go. Very frustrating otherwise.

Hotel is two minutes from Beach Promenade. Perfect for relaxing after a heavy sightseeing day.

The swimming pool was open until 10 pm when I was staying. (I had noticed other reviews said earlier.)

I had a very pleasant stay and would definitely stay again if I am ever in Aberdeen again. Very pleasant people at hotel and also the whole area I was greeted warmly.

Room Tip: I was given a room overlooking bar but had no problem with noise even though a wedding party were ar...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear MariaW7, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the location of the hotel. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the whole team who will be delighted to hear that. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Skegness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Everything was perfect, the breakfasts never disappoint and the staff are always friendly. The location is good for the airport and walking distance to the shopping area of Aberdeen. Hot cookies on arrival was lovely washed down with the comlimentary tea and coffee in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear M E, thank you for reviewing your stay on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you found everything to be perfect. Its always a pleasure for us to receive such positive comments, and I'll make sure that your feedback is passed on to the whole team.

Thanks you once again, and I hope to welcome you back again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was in Aberdeen on business and my hosts put me in the Doubletree Hilton overnight. Firstly I stayed in the part of the hotel for club member although I am not a club member! The room was very comfortable and quiet and I had a view towards the sea. Outside however there seemed to be an encampment of travellers which I thought odd, but I was not disturbed..which actually was a shame because the wifi was so terrible I couldn't work and so a little disturbance would have been welcome.

Yes I would stay there again but I woujld check that the wifi was working forst.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear PaulHSE16, thank you for reviewing your business stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found your Platinum room comfortable and had a great view of the sea. My apologies regarding the travellers encampment outside. The land that they were occupying belongs to Aberdeen City Council. To the best of our ability we report and escalate the issue to them for them to take appropriate action to evict them. I can advise that they have since moved from the area.

With regards the wifi, we are in the process of installing fibre optic broadband and I hope that when you stay again you will notice the improvements that have been made.

Stirling, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I can't help but feel this hotel - busy as it was- is trying too hard without looking at getting some of the basics right. The quality of the towels for what was designated a 4 star hotel and 'premier' room; the "hairdryer" (I use the term but in reality I have more control of my Dyson at home), flimsy ironing board and the level of cleanliness don't make you feel that it is. The bed, replenishment of toiletries and the cost of room service and meals certainly do.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Suzan D, thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet you expectations in certain areas of your stay and I apologise for this. Please be assured that we have taken your feedback on board.

Once again, thanks again for your feedback, which we do appreciate, as we are always trying to improve what we do, and if you have the chance to stay again I hope you will find things much better.