“hospitality”

DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff in this hotel are excellent and willing to help. Our first impression was very impressive and the surrounding looked very clean. Moving to the room did not change our impression of excellence and the services were very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Richard S, thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. Its great to hear how impressed you were with the hotel both inside and the surrounding area. It is always a pleasure for us to receive such positive comments and I’ll make sure that your feedback is shared with the whole team.

Hemant

Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel as part of the Hilton group was very disappointing.As a regular user of the group this particular hotel needs bringing up to expected standard.Room was small and it's location near the reception meant that any incoming guests could be heard clearly.This all through the night made it a very unsatisfactory stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter B
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Peter B, thanks for reviewing your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay and we did not come up to the standard you were expecting. Please accept my sincere apologies for the noise you experienced from other guests and for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had family dinner party arranged in private room Collieston for my father's 90th. They made him feel very special, lovely touches. Staff very attentive. Food was excellent. Downside everything had to be paid upfront and staff made mistakes with billing by not checking payments with other departments! Would recommend for small party.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear AlyMo2014, thanks for your review. I am delighted to hear that your father enjoyed his 90th birthday and we were able to make him feel special. My apologies for the billing mistake, but glad we were able to sort this out for you.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We got a £65 per night B&B rate. Hotel in great central location. Lobby and bar nice. Staff very friendly and customer focused. Rooms clean an in reasonable condition. Hotel was clean. Pool was okay- water temperature was too warm for me. Breakfast was superb.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you GeorgeMcConn, for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff friendly and customer focused. The whole team will be delighted to hear your comments when I tell them.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel last Saturday night while on a business trip. Despite the motto of,'Rest Easy' I can say that I experienced the worst night's sleep I've had in any hotel I've stayed in in over 30 years worldwide travelling. Despite checking in at 3pm I was unable to make use of my pre-arranged upgrade for an extra ten pounds feature as the hotel was fully booked. Never mind, I thought, the standard room should be perfectly fine.How wrong could I be...I was allocated room 237..the number will be forever ingrained in my memory..it was small and stuffy and overlooking the central bar/restaurant atrium.The décor was very tired and bath a bit shabby but armed with my hot welcome cookie I thought, it could be worse...and it could...Suddenly a noise which can only be described as like a Massey Ferguson tractor revving up filled the room. on investigation
it appeared to be coming from an industrial size air con unit outside on the roof above the skylight window.it was so loud you couldn't even hear the TV.The air con kicked in every half hour or so for around 10 minutes. Assuming it would stop overnight I headed to bed as I had a busy day of work the next day.Sadly it continued all night and despite calls to the customer care number at midnight and 1am they could offer no help at all and simply told me the noise would continue all night...I managed at most 2 hours broken sleep. I made a formal complaint to the duty manager in the morning but received no more than a polite 'oh dear we will look into it'. I had the strong suspicion that it wasn't a new problem and that due to a full hotel they had given me a room that they normally tried not to use.If that's the case it seems short sighted to make the additional money from one room but sacrificing their reputation in the process.Not what I would expect from the Hilton group or indeed any decent hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank msdirected
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear msdirected, thank you for reviewing your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the noise your encountered whilst in your room. I have asked my maintenance team to investigate this noise, so that improvements can be made for future guests. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We do appreciate your feedback however, as we are always trying to improve what we do, and if you have the chance to stay again, I hope you will find things much better.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hotel in good location within walking distance to the coast and city centre. We booked a pre-paid basic room as at the time of booking hotels in Aberdeen looked very expensiive in comparison to other cities. We were given a warm welcome by the friendly staff and went to our room on the second floor, there was a lot of rubbish left in corridor even though it was 3pm! The room was OK but the bathroom was dated and the small windows were filthy. However the bed was comfortable. We paid extra for breakfast on arrival which was excellent. Parking is excellent and above all the staff are very polite and friendly which made up for the hotels shortfalls.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Paul H, thank you for reviewing your recent stay on TripAdvisor. My apologies for the trays left in the corridors, this issue has now been addressed and should not happen in the future. I am pleased to hear that you found breakfast to be excellent and that all staff were polite and friendly. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We are regular Hilton customers but were not overly impressed with this hotel. Rooms good, well equipped and very clean. Staff all excellent and welcoming. Breakfast very disappointing poor selection on the continental breakfast all cheese prepacked, meat limited and no fish. If your deal includes continental breakfast it is £10 extra to upgrade to any cooked dishes. We did not have the cooked as ir did not look tempting and I was informed that the hot was not over hot so did not bother. My feelings on location are mixed, for city centre restaurants and bars it is a long walk however for sightseeing it was OK, we walked to Footdee and Old Aberdeen on the Esplanade. In the evenings it took 20 minutes to get to the restaurants we had booked in the centre.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you aplpdf22, for reviewing your recent stay on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to hear that your were unhappy with the selection for continental breakfast and I apologise if the selection was not up to your expectations. I will share your feedback with our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager. As for the location of the hotel, we are situated on the beach front, with plenty amenities around the hotel. However, if you do wish to go into the Town Centre, we are on a bus route (number 15) which will take you into the Town Centre. On a more positive note, I am pleased to hear that you found all staff excellent and welcoming, I will be sure to share your feedback with them.

Many thanks for your feedback.