“Pamper Package”

Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Pamper Package”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had a great day. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the rooms were very clean. The hotel is in an ideal location near to all amentities. Food was excellent and great breakfast. Will definately stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gavin C, Operations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Glad you enjoyed your Pamper Day, Linda F. We're very pleased to hear your feedback, and I'll pass this on to the girls in the Spa, and the rest of the team. We hope you'll have the chance to stay again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Scotland
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel whilst in the area on business. I was in a 'platinum' room, which was far from it.

My company were charged £240 for this room, which was just not worth it. For that sort of money I was expecting the room to be spotless and faultless. I found neither to be the case. There were broken fitments and bulbs out, cracked tiles and mouldy grout. The decor was slightly dated, and the bathroom furniture, particularly the bath needs replacing.

I got room service, delivered by a friendly staff member. My plate was too big for the tray, and arrived covered in tin foil. There were no condiments delivered with only salt and pepper being available. The food was greasy and stodgy.

The bed was ok; nothing special.

I didn't feel I got my money's worth out of this hotel. I left somewhat disappointed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Gavin C, Operations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor, and I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with your stay in our Platinum Club. Regardless of the price paid, we aim to deliver 4-star service and facilities to all of our guests. We check our rooms daily, and I will look into your comments and make the improvements needed. Thank you for your comments about our friendly staff member, which is encouraging to hear, and I will pass this on to the team.

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The chocolate cookie on arrival is a nice touch and we both enjoyed. We had upgraded to a Premier room as we like more space. We were disappointed to find a leftover tray from room service outside our room which looked like dinner from the night before including an empty Champagne bottle. At 3pm this didn't seem right. We used the spa facilities which felt a bit tired and there was no shower gel in the dispensers in two cubicles. Really disappointed to find the room service tray still there at 5pm when we got back but thankfully it has been removed by the time we went out at 6pm. The main reception area seemed very modern. Disappointed that I couldn't get the WiFi access in the Atrium without having to ask for a passcode. Overall our stay was okay but as regular visitors to Aberdeen there are better choices for the same price.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you sylviaed, for reviewing your recent stay. I am disappointed to hear you felt let down with certain aspects of your stay and I apologise if we have let you down on this occasion. I have shared your feedback with our Leisure Club Manager with regards the empty dispensers in the Leisure Club and also our Head Housekeeper regarding the trays in the corridors.

We do appreciate your feedback however, as we are always trying to improve what we do, and if you have the chance to stay again, I hope you will find things much better.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff in this hotel are excellent and willing to help. Our first impression was very impressive and the surrounding looked very clean. Moving to the room did not change our impression of excellence and the services were very good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Richard S, thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. Its great to hear how impressed you were with the hotel both inside and the surrounding area. It is always a pleasure for us to receive such positive comments and I’ll make sure that your feedback is shared with the whole team.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Clitheroe
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel as part of the Hilton group was very disappointing.As a regular user of the group this particular hotel needs bringing up to expected standard.Room was small and it's location near the reception meant that any incoming guests could be heard clearly.This all through the night made it a very unsatisfactory stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter B
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Peter B, thanks for reviewing your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay and we did not come up to the standard you were expecting. Please accept my sincere apologies for the noise you experienced from other guests and for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had family dinner party arranged in private room Collieston for my father's 90th. They made him feel very special, lovely touches. Staff very attentive. Food was excellent. Downside everything had to be paid upfront and staff made mistakes with billing by not checking payments with other departments! Would recommend for small party.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear AlyMo2014, thanks for your review. I am delighted to hear that your father enjoyed his 90th birthday and we were able to make him feel special. My apologies for the billing mistake, but glad we were able to sort this out for you.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We got a £65 per night B&B rate. Hotel in great central location. Lobby and bar nice. Staff very friendly and customer focused. Rooms clean an in reasonable condition. Hotel was clean. Pool was okay- water temperature was too warm for me. Breakfast was superb.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you GeorgeMcConn, for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff friendly and customer focused. The whole team will be delighted to hear your comments when I tell them.